Do NOT Play This on PS5

I thought I’d put this information out there, because I’m pretty sure I got lucky that my entire file didn’t glitch out on me.

Aside from the very obvious graphical issues when playing this on PS5, it appears you also cannot progress through later chapters without constant full crashes to the PS5’s Home Screen.

Starting with one of the later missions in Chapter 8, my PS5 would crash without fail, in the same spot every time, completely booting me from the game, during the cutscene dialogue.

This exact same problem in the exact same spot kept reoccurring, even after a full deletion and reinstall of the game.

I had saved and uploaded my data to the Cloud right before that too, so I was pretty panicked. When I switched back over to my PS4 and downloaded my updated file from the Cloud to try again, everything worked fine.

I’m not actually sure if there is any risk of file corruption, or if I simply got extremely lucky. Hence the PSA with the backwards compatibility here, just in case. I wouldn’t personally risk playing any more of this on the PS5.

I have heard that there are similar graphical problems with Peach Beach Splash as well, but I’ve not seen anything regarding actual game-stopping crashes like this. I’ll be playing PBS on my PS4 to be safe.

Hope this information helps someone avoid a major time loss.

Edited by SmileSlice
Corrected spelling and grammar.
  • Like 4

On 8/30/2023 at 8:22 PM, SmileSlice said:

I thought I’d put this information out there, because I’m pretty sure I got lucky that my entire file didn’t glitch out on me.

Aside from the very obvious graphical issues when playing this on PS5, it appears you also cannot progress through later chapters without constant full crashes to the PS5’s Home Screen.

Starting with one of the later missions in Chapter 8, my PS5 would crash without fail, in the same spot every time, completely booting me from the game, during the cutscene dialogue.

This exact same problem in the exact same spot kept reoccurring, even after a full deletion and reinstall of the game.

I had saved and uploaded my data to the Cloud right before that too, so I was pretty panicked. When I switched back over to my PS4 and downloaded my updated file from the Cloud to try again, everything worked fine.

I’m not actually sure if there is any risk of file corruption, or if I simply got extremely lucky. Hence the PSA with the backwards compatibility here, just in case. I wouldn’t personally risk playing any more of this on the PS5.

I have heard that there are similar graphical problems with Peach Beach Splash as well, but I’ve not seen anything regarding actual game-stopping crashes like this. I’ll be playing PBS on my PS4 to be safe.

Hope this information helps someone avoid a major time loss.

I had a similar issue with a shinobi girl mission. No idea which one. I kept trying and eventually I just didn't crash. So I think if you only have PS5, it's not entirely hopeless but I would agree the game is not good on PS5 at all

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...