Cultural Divide Mega Secret not counting towards Secret Total.

Viper

So I just started playing this yesterday and, while the game is fun...these minor glitches are making the experience a headache. I'm using a Neoseeker guide for all the secrets, and I'm on the Cultural Divide stage (Level 1 Act 4). And when you start this level it says there's 10 secrets, since I found everything previously, you start the level at 19/29. The Neoseeker page shows 9 Secrets + the Mega Secret. So doing them in order that they show, Secret 24 is activating the Red/Blue/Yellow switches to open the gate, which in turn allows me to start the Mega Secret with flipping the three numbered switched in order 3, 0, 2. I do this, it opens the mega secret area just fine, even tells me at the top that I found the Mega Secret...but my stats number doesn't change from 24 to 25. 

Only thing I can think of is that I accidentally flipped the 0 switch when I first found it, and THEN read in the Neoseeker guide that you shouldn't flip them yet...so I flipped it back up. Again regardless of doing that, the secret area opens just fine, but I can't get the overall number to change. I even got the trophy when I first entered there...but I'm afraid to continue now, even though the game itself registered that I found it, I'm going to end up leaving the level at 28/29. 

And unfortunately, my only save from before I hit that 0 switch is all the way back in very first area of the game. Do Mega Secrets not count for the total and I didn't notice before or what? Am I screwed here and need to start over (I already had to start over once because I was missing an enemy on the first map and couldn't find him anywhere). This is a lot of work for this game to potentially screw you whenever it decides it doesn't want to do something.

Added the video to show what I mean. Keep in mind I probably reloaded my save like 7 times by the time I made this. Not sure what else to do other than start over, which really kills the excitement with some of things I have to redo before act. 

EDIT: I restarted the entire game and got back to this part and made sure to do it right and it still won't register. There's no point in playing the rest of the game if it's this glitched this early on...what a fucking waste of time. 

EDIT 2: Nevermind, turns out I restarted the game for no reason, that Mega Secret doesn't increase the counter...instead the last secret is in 2 parts. Considering the Mega Secret in the first act DOES count, this is completely counter-intuitive that this one doesn't count. I wasted my whole day to practically get nowhere in this game. Extremely annoying. This game is needlessly stressful. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 9/3/2023 at 8:30 PM, Viper said:

So I just started playing this yesterday and, while the game is fun...these minor glitches are making the experience a headache. I'm using a Neoseeker guide for all the secrets, and I'm on the Cultural Divide stage (Level 1 Act 4). And when you start this level it says there's 10 secrets, since I found everything previously, you start the level at 19/29. The Neoseeker page shows 9 Secrets + the Mega Secret. So doing them in order that they show, Secret 24 is activating the Red/Blue/Yellow switches to open the gate, which in turn allows me to start the Mega Secret with flipping the three numbered switched in order 3, 0, 2. I do this, it opens the mega secret area just fine, even tells me at the top that I found the Mega Secret...but my stats number doesn't change from 24 to 25. 

Only thing I can think of is that I accidentally flipped the 0 switch when I first found it, and THEN read in the Neoseeker guide that you shouldn't flip them yet...so I flipped it back up. Again regardless of doing that, the secret area opens just fine, but I can't get the overall number to change. I even got the trophy when I first entered there...but I'm afraid to continue now, even though the game itself registered that I found it, I'm going to end up leaving the level at 28/29. 

And unfortunately, my only save from before I hit that 0 switch is all the way back in very first area of the game. Do Mega Secrets not count for the total and I didn't notice before or what? Am I screwed here and need to start over (I already had to start over once because I was missing an enemy on the first map and couldn't find him anywhere). This is a lot of work for this game to potentially screw you whenever it decides it doesn't want to do something.

Added the video to show what I mean. Keep in mind I probably reloaded my save like 7 times by the time I made this. Not sure what else to do other than start over, which really kills the excitement with some of things I have to redo before act. 

EDIT: I restarted the entire game and got back to this part and made sure to do it right and it still won't register. There's no point in playing the rest of the game if it's this glitched this early on...what a fucking waste of time. 

EDIT 2: Nevermind, turns out I restarted the game for no reason, that Mega Secret doesn't increase the counter...instead the last secret is in 2 parts. Considering the Mega Secret in the first act DOES count, this is completely counter-intuitive that this one doesn't count. I wasted my whole day to practically get nowhere in this game. Extremely annoying. This game is needlessly stressful. 

Glad I read this. I too was a bit confused why counter didn't go up. TBF, guide mentioned later on last secret counts as two