Recovering from losses

Primeval_Demon

Many years ago I hunted trophies rather religously.  But then I stopped when I mistakenly realised I had not linked my current progress to the servers.

2 years of progress was flushed including 6 platinums.

Platinums I lost: Tomb Raider Anniversary, Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2, Bleach Soul Resureccion, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Castlevania Lords of Shadow and Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen are mine no longer.  But I did have them all once.

Other games had progress on like Aliens Colonial Marines and Mass Effect 2.

My current objective is to recover my Neptunia platinums because I will definitely regret it if I don't so I am going to get a PS3 back.  Will I bother to recover every lost platinum (or even better every trophy)? I don't know about that.

Losing all my progress years ago drove me so insane it made me quit trophy hunting altogether but here I am again.  In essence it might have been a blessing in disguise because of the blow of 6 platinums never shot me I probably wouldn't have stopped and be into my 30s in platinums now.

It broke my heart though.  I still have the Neptunia games because I could never get rid of them suspecting the day wold come.

Why I came out of retirement

Ah yes well, in 2009 I kind of promised if Capcom ever made Dino Crisis 4 I would buy and platinum it.  Now, it isn't Dino Crisis by name but Capcom did file a failed trademark for an online Dino Crisis game which sounds a lot like the Exoprimal we got but that is a different matter.

What I am planning

The Neptunia games won't be much problem for me.  I love the series and it's humour, these are the easy part.  If I end up going back to Dragon's Dogma I'll just buy the Dark Arisen version and platinum that.  I haven't committed to the others yet because while it was my fault it still stung my committment to this and I will definitely not go for them like I used to.  If something like this happened to you, you would appreciate each platinum for what it is.

Edited by Primeval_Demon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 12:22 AM, Don_Chipotle said:

Welcome to the forums, man what a shame for that bleach SR loss, that game is very rare and hard to find nowadays, and demands a somewhat big grinding, hope you find more games that you want to play, i think its important that every game leaves you something, even the shovelware, and always play for fun

I'll see how it goes.  I'm doing the conquest ending grind for MK2 now.  The characters are in the 70s - 80s so I'm moving much faster than I thought I would be.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, well, welcome back to the world of trophy hunting, my good ol' pal, where your progress can vanish into the digital abyss quicker than you can say, "Neptunia platinum." It seems you've had quite the rollicking ride in the realm of gaming achievements, mate.

You were once a devoted trophy hunter, but then, on a jolly day, the servers decided to play a bit of hide and seek with your progress. Two years of blood, sweat, and button-mashing, poof! All gone in the blink of an eye. Say cheerio to those illustrious platinums, my friend, because Tomb Raider Anniversary, Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2, Bleach Soul Resurrection, and the rest of the lot have packed their bags and buggered off.

But, you know, at least you've still got those Neptunia games. They must've sensed your undying loyalty and decided not to join the grand digital exodus. Perhaps they'll serve as a constant reminder of the heartbreak you endured. 

Now, you've emerged from retirement, fueled by the tantalizing prospect of a Dino Crisis revival. Capcom may not have quite delivered the exact game you were hoping for, but who's to say Exoprimal won't be the next best tipple? After all, a dinosaur is a dinosaur, right, old chap?

As for your future plans, it seems you're ready to tackle those Neptunia platinums once again. The easy part, you say? Well, I guess if you've got the power of humor on your side, nothing can stop you. And if Dragon's Dogma calls your name, you'll just grab that Dark Arisen version and platinum it like a pro.

But remember, no need to go all out like you used to. Losing progress can be a tough old nut to crack, but it's also a reminder to savor every platinum like a fine glass of whisky. So, here's to your triumphant return to the world of trophies, where every achievement is a hard-earned badge of honor, even if it comes with a side of digital heartache. Cheers, mate! 🍻🎮

Lamer disc: This messages was written under the influence of copious amounts of alcohol. I take no responsibility for any damage caused by reading this brain fart.

fhnsfgns5fg5ns5fgn5xff4i75.jpg

• Haha 1