Professor Seajay's Platinum Academy

ProfSeajay7

I actually got three platinums and forgot to report them...

Ldaaa68.png

#70: Astro's Playroom

Second game on the A-Z list. Yeah, it's been three years since I got my Playstation 5 and never played this title. Welcome Park sort of made me disdain free games loaded onto your console, but this game wasn't too bad, even though I had trouble with the monkey climb sections due to having heavy fingers and not being able to clamp on the brittle handholds, making getting the 7 minutes across eight speedruns for the DLC completion very difficult, but after following the guide on this site, I managed to get this done so people can stop laughing at me for not taking this free platinum. (It's not free, some of the challenges are difficult.)

L7810d5.png
#71: Birthday of Midnight

Third game on the A-Z list. I've platinumed Midnight Deluxe on older accounts but never touched this. So as soon as I woke up today I tackled this. A little bit more frustrating as some of the levels require exact angles, but whatever.

L901511.png

#72: Oceanhorn - Monster of Uncharted Seas (PS4)

Next game on the Kalediscope challenge, this time for Orange.

The video guide on the offical trophy guide is great. The fishing trophy was still annoying. I tried to double stack the Vita version but then I found that a challenge had glitched and not completed properly so I erased the save and have to do that version from the beginning. I'll use the guide on that one as well, but for now I need to take a break, I feel a bit sore in the sides and probably need to take a nap after sitting in my parent's car for two hours waiting for my mom to complete her dental checkup. :(

• Like 1

L4bb01d.png

#73: Wild ARMs (PS4)

And here we are, finally got this done for the Kaledioscope challenge, taking the Maroon spot(the background is a deep red-brown, although this could have snatched Yellow with the title's color).

This is a game I'd put in the "triple the amount of time needed to platinum it if you're going glitchless" because there's a memory error that allows you to duplicate an item from 1 to 255 in your inventory using heal berries. If you recall the Infinite Master Ball swap glitch in Pokemon Colosseum, this glitch uses the same exploit, but instead of not reducing the item, it underflows the item to 255. With this I copied all the stuff I needed to reduce all of Jack's Fast Draw arts to 1 SP a pop and had unlimited healing items as well as tons of apples that permanently boost stats, so everyone was almost at 999 in all stats, making most enemies a breeze. 😆

I say most, but Ragu Ragala was still a b**ch with his Volcanic Bomb which he used twice. Luckily everyone wore Goat Dolls to save them. :(

A great classic RPG with a great story told in 2D top-down mode. I highly recommend this game. ;)

(And yes, I will be stacking this game and some others.)

• Like 2

Lc33489.png

#74: Chicory: A Colorful Tale (PS5)

This was letter "C" on my personal alphabet challenge, and I wanted to get this rainbow tale off of my Playstations. I bought this game for my nieces to co-op with, but unfortunately I overestimated the brain intelligence of a four-year old girl. :( (Don't worry, she's getting into games, but she's more of a Princess Peach fangirl, have to save up for Princess Peach Showtime! on March. :lol:)

I already said my rants and peace about this title, so I won't add anything here. ;)

Screen_Shot_2018-11-13_at_10.13.53_AM.jp

(fume fume fume fumefumefumefufufuffufufufu....)
Comment-obtenir-Scream-Tail-dans-Pokemon

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Sorry for the salt and blasting the page with Scream Tail, but this is an insult...

Behold my 75th platinum. :angry:

L87d227.png

#75: Oceanhorn - Monster of Uncharted Seas (PS Vita)

I already talked about this game, but this game trolled me. First off, the Fish Sticks challenge is much harder in the portable version because the fishing controls are jankier than the PS4 version due to the downgrade in graphics. Second, I was going to dump this in my Platinum Rain Day list, but accidentally popped the platinum. Third, I didn't realize this was #75, so now it's going to taunt my page for all eternity. :angry:

To be fair, it was my fault. I made a mistake. You see, not all the in-game challenges pop trophies. I thought Wizard(getting all five spells) was one of them. It was not. If I had been smart, I would have gone and gotten Triloth from the Gilfolk in Tikatel(he only wants 40 bloodstones when there are 55 in the game) and then saved at the last bloodstone. :facepalm:

Well, at least that game is off my Vita forever and I will never have to fish up a Bot Fish or Ghost Fish ever again.

Unless they are in Oceanhorn 2, which I downloaded and intend to play as my "O" position in my alphabet challenge. 🙃

Let's get SUPER RECKLESS!!!!

L816c10.png

#76 - Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance

Finally completed this behemoth, and I think it caused me to strain a chest muscle from the number of times I cussed out after trying to clear the Carnage Dimension quests. It's no wonder that the Land of Carnage or Carnage Dimension is brutal!

I played up to Chapter 8 four months ago, got bored, put the game in the folder, pulled it out and found that I didn't know where I was, so I just deleted the save and started over, following a video done by Green Z-Saber where he earned all the trophies in under five hours. I couldn't do that as the super-boss I had to kill for a trophy(not Baal, the titular super-boss in every Disgaea, he was added in post-release of this game) made me frustrated. Eventually, I figured out how to deal with it just a few hours ago.

This is a great game to start your Disgaea addiction as the trophies are not as grindy as earlier titles (still hoping for a Disgaea 2 Complete remake, Disgaea 2 was my first Disgaea as I saw it in a Blockbusters store and rented it and got hooked!) and not as inanely complex as the later games, looking at you Disgaea 6 and the AFK demo grind. :angry:

(I do have Disgaea 7 loaded on my PS4 Pro, which is weird as I bought it on my old PS4 and none of the other games I bought on those accounts made the transfer but this one did. <_< Maybe I'll try to platinum that game someday....)

• Like 1

L05a519.png

#77 - Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends

This was E for my alphabet challenge as I wanted to get F done on Feb. 29th.

I had already gotten the Eventide 1 and 2 platinums so I just decided to get it over with. Of course, I ended up missing a collectible near the endgame so I had to replay the entire story over, but at least it was quick since I got the trophies for no skips or hints. Still have two more Enigmatis games... *shudder*

L4c1026.png

#78 - Final Fantasy VII

With the new Rebirth ads blasting across this page, I decided it was time to get this bugbear awakened and out to the world. I was never a fan of Final Fantasy VII, but I can see the love for it. The storytelling was leagues past FFVI and while both Kefka and Sephiroth were war heroes who ended up going batsh** crazy, Sephiroth made Kefka look like a clown. It was amazing how much they conveyed with blocky models.

However, this isn't about the game's story or characters, but about the trophies, and these are pretty tricky. There is a lot of grinding but it's mitigated by the fact that this is the PC version retooled so it has the PC version's in-game options that made things go very fast. I had completed the original released FF7 and the Planet's Will condense, getting through it in a marathon run was near impossible due to how slow it was.

Anyways, Ruby Weapon took freakishly long due to it removing everyone but Cloud and having insane physical defense. I spent all my money on the Coin Toss to hit it for 9999 damage but eventually I ran out and had to spam Omnislash. Emerald Weapon was a reset because I had forgotten to set Cloud's Omnislash so he was still using the weak Meteorain. In fact, Emerald Weapon died just as I got the Game Over. I also stopped using All Creation - Yuffie's Doom of the Living does way more damage due to the damage cap of 9999.

Still, it's a great game and, to be fair, my other account did start FF7 Remake and cleared chapter 1. (With French voices. :lol:) I can see the hype behind Rebirth, but oldies are still goodies. Also, Yuffie is my FF7 Waifu and I'll die on this hill, can't wait to play her in Intergrade. ;)

Le83448.png

#79 - Gravity Duck (Vita)

Nothing much to say. Right after popping FF7's platinum, I had enough time before I left for gym to pop this Vita stack. That is for my alphabet challenge... just as some game called Greed: The Mad Scientist popped up. :D

Edited by ProfSeajay7

Posted (edited)

So I pulled three games off my Make It Rain List to pop their platinums for the Kaledioscope event, so here they are. No reviews or thoughts for these three as they aren't really that great. Well, LEGO Harry Potter is fine because I am hoping to get back to work on Hogwarts Legacy. ;)

L9affe7.png

#80 - LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PS4)

L607d19.png
#81 - LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (PS4)

L9a41ee.png
#82 - Donut County

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 1

I upgraded my account to Premium but STILL Get the annoying sidebar ads for games when I in the forums. Is there any way to get rid them? I have to maximize my window every time I update. :angry: Oh well... update time!

L8e9ed9.png
#83: Cat Quest

A very precious RPG with a ton of grinding, but it's all good. This was my Yellow entry in the first Kaledioscope card and the first completion in my Spring Backlog list. I saw it still stuck in the AZZA list so I pulled it out and just said WTH and ran through it super-fast. Took me less than eight hours to get from a new game to platinum. (I did have two trophies unlocked six months ago, but they weren't very important so it wasn't a big deal.)

Ld3683b.png
#84: Wild ARMs (PS5)

This was the second completion in my Spring Backlog list. I had this hovering at 32% and only 1/3 of the story complete and I was procastinating on it, only doing a bit of gameplay every day. Eventually I forced myself to just get the dang thing completed and almost got the platinum... but it was 3 AM and I had to get some sleep. :lol:

Did finish the last trophies. The music is fire even after 25 years. ^_^

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Now that Spring is here, my body is sabotaging my dreams to complete my Alphabet challenge but at least I got an update! (I apologize for the long wordage - I am sick with a cold so I need to shut down and go to bed to let my body fix itself. :()

L9565bf.png

#85: Final Fantasy V

I was very glad to finally have a milestone that didn't get taken by a shovelware game!

If you read my Final Fantasy IV review, you know what this game is about and how the trophies are earned, although now that the game had a job system there were other trophies for getting all jobs mastered on one character(which was not a big deal as I needed to master them on all four characters because they give a variety of broken abilities that make late game bosses a joke) and getting all blue mage spells(which is not a big deal as Blue Mage is my favorite Final Fantasy job ;)); however, I had to start over.

You see, I accidentally missed a bestiary entry halfway through the game, a Gigas in the Barrier Tower(which is not surprising as these giants lurk on the floor with the boss) and I finished the Barrier Tower and saved over my saves in the Barrier Tower. :(

Well, it was bound to happen. I had that issue with Final Fantasy VI only I missed a place in the World of Balance. I luckily had a save from back then and picked up the spot but I had to reply the entire Floating Continent and Celes' escape from the Solitary Island... well, you get how it is. *sigh*

I eventually buckled down and redid the entire story, got all the hidden items and chests(some items you are gifted do not count towards the hidden items trophy) and finally located the missing monsters in the first area of the Interdimensional Rift. And at midnight on March 6th, I finally got the platinum.

Now to do the final Pixel Remaster, Final Fantasy VI. (I have II and III on tap for my Platinum Rain Day event though I may just cancel it and pop all the platinums now. 😕)

Edited by ProfSeajay7

Posted (edited)

So I got really sick and ended up getting a bunch of quick and easy platinums because I didn't feel the urge to play big titles. As such, I find myself dangerous close to my #100. Since this is a long list, I won't be giving any thoughts, just a list of what I platinumed. Some of these were games I was going to pop for a Platinum Rain Day challenge, which is now aborted due to my illness. :(

1.  S1dcc0a.png #86: Hoggy 2 (Vita)
  2. S6bf900.png #87: Intrepid Izzy (PS5)
  3. Se09248.png #88: Jack N' Jill DX (Vita)
  4. S3860b0.png #89: Knightin+' (Vita)
  5. S2d0d77.png #90: Legend of the Skyfish (Vita)
  6. S2d0d77.png #91: Legend of the Skyfish (PS4)
  7. S57b434.png #92: LEGO Jurassic World (Vita)
  8. S37ccd5.png #93: LEGO Jurassic World (PS4)
  9. S4e7a08.png #94: LEGO Star Wars - The Skywalker Saga (PS5)
  10. S32922f.png #95: Ape Escape (PS5)
  11. S506c7a.png #96: Final Fantasy II
  12. S4c6695.png #97: Final Fantasy III

With that, I think I know what games are going to be #98, #99 and #100 on my list.

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 1

L34039d.png

#98: Final Fantasy VI

"And that, as they say, is that." - some sage which I don't remember in FFX

I've finally completed all six of the Pixel Remasters, which means that I am free to put my money on other titles... like FFVIII. :lol:

But seriously, this game fought me tooth and nail. The last time I got the plat for this, I had to replay the entire Floating Continent as I had missed two chocobo stables. Luckily, the guide I followed helped me locate the hidden chocobo stables and we never had to retrace to such an old save.

Even so, I had missed on enemy entry in Phoenix Cave and one chest in Cultist's Tower, which I saved for my last trophy. Then I made the stupid mistake of making three teams with one character only, which was bad news as the final Kefka fight was fought solo due to Terra and Celes(the others) getting janked by Repose. :(

But I'm glad this game was a lot less painful than FFV. On to greener pastures! ;)

L4883fc.png
#99: Dragon Quest Buiilders

So I'm close to 100, and this game got me up there. Now, this game does has versions on the Playstation 4 and Vita and I got the first four trophies on the Vita...

However, the list is shared so it doesn't matter which version this game gets the platinum in, and after struggling with the darkness during the night segments while doing my evening walks... I decided to just scrap that version and start over on the PS4.

There are only 19 trophies on this list before you earn the platinum, but that's because eight of them are story related. There are four chapters in this game, as well as a free-play mode called Terra Incongita, but that mode is only needed if you missed any miscellaneous trophies and don't want to go back to the chapters for them. There are trophies for just completing each chapter and another trophy for completing the five challenges in each chapter. One of these is a speedrun challenge where you must get to the end of the chapter and the results screen within a certain number of days. In-game days, of course. The second challenge is getting your base level to max level, and three are three unique challenges for each chapter.

I did miss the base level challenge in Chapter 4 before fighting the final boss so I had to fix that and fight the final boss again. This is not how I expected to leave this game.

The remaining trophies are all stuff that usually just naturally happens, but I did grind the trophies for destroying and placing 3000 objects in Chapter 1 since, until you complete a quest, the timer doesn't start for the speedrun challenge, which is brutal as you must get to the results screen there in 20 days while the others give you 30.

I've heard a lot of comparisons to Minecraft and while it does have some of that game's aspects, adding in combat since it's a Dragon Quest title and giving an alternate reality story of the original Dragon Quest makes this game really neat.

Sadly, I will not be keeping this game around, even though there is replayability in Terra Incognita due to the summoning and sending stones which let you share ideas for builds. There is a reason for that... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Before we get into the next update, I have to give my respects...

akria.png

This man is Akira Toriyama. You might wonder I am bringing his picture up.

Well... his soul recently left this world some days ago and I want to state how much of a wonderful man he was and how his works made me a RPG addict with Platinum #100...

1L3bd131.png

Without his art style, my favorite RPG series would be a shadow of its true self and be quashed by giants like Final Fantasy and Baldur's Gate. Rest in peace, Akira-san. :(

Lcb82db.png

#100: Dragon Quest Builders 2

I love this game and had to make it my 100th platinum. The only peeve I have is that some of the dialogue is unskippable and cannot be mashed through and hangs forever. These text paragraphs only show up in certain parts but they are very annoying. :angry:

DRAGON%20QUEST%20BUILDERS%202_2024032312

However, this doesn't ruin the experience of the game. It is a sequel to the last game I platinumed but the chapters flow much smoother. Just like the original Dragon Quest Builders built on an alternate reality of the original Dragon Quest story, this game is actually a canonical sequel to Dragon Quest II and even has the final boss from that game as the final boss of this game! You can customize your character with a certain item(even changing their sex!) and the hat in the screenshot above is a save game bonus; if you played Pokemon BD/SP or Legends: Arceus, you can get Pokemon from having save game data in your Switch from older games. This game does the same thing - if you have save date from Dragon Quest Builders in your hard drive, you can claim the bonus and, depending on what you did in the first game, you will get a hat(for placing the first Banner of Hope and saving your game) or the Dragonlord's throne recipe(if you beat all four chapters). Also, when you first met this guy who looks like Vegeta on crack and he tells you his name, anyone who has played Dragon Quest II will immediately know who the final boss of this game is. ^_^

There is so much to do and build and the story has a wonderful flow to it, with the story themed around the relationship between creation and destruction. But there are islands to explore for materials, and halfway through the game you can befriend monsters to live on the Isle of Awakening, your home base, a huge island that is ripe for customization! And I haven't even mentioned the Buildertopia islands you can make your own! ^_^

Farewell, Toriyama! Your slime has come, but I will never forget yooze and your gootiful style of art... even if you did make a martial arts anime that was way too weird for me!

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I apologize for falling off the edge of the Earth. :lol: But I've been busy recently...

Ramuh_Final_Fantasy_XVI_Eikons_ffxvi_ff1

Now that I got my 100th platinum, I am going to be slowing down on trophy hunting to focus on two FFXIV projects:

1. Get the PS4 version of FFXIV prepared for April when I upgrade the free trial so I can pop the platinum in 24 hours and immediately delete the launcher and cancel my PS4 FFXIV account so I don't have to worry about it every again. I am playing in the morning to mitigate the amount of freezes and crashes I might get since crashing the game forces me to shut down the game completely as I get a "Wait for later" error if I try to log in immediately after crashing. Also, the earlier in the day, the less players online which can lag the game. The PS4 version of this MMO is like the PS3 version of LEGO Marvel Superheroes - horribly buggy and losing support from Square-Enix. Since that means that the PS4 version of FFXIV will no longer be supported in a few years and the platinum becomes unobtainable, I want to get this out of the way.
  2. Work on getting to Heavensward on my PS5 FFXIV account. I have just beaten Leviathan and Ramuh in that version of the game and need to get to Shiva. I am playing this version in the evenings as my Free Company is usually active then and I can call upon them for support. I just cleared World of Darkness and finished the Crystal Tower raids that are mandatory for advancing the plot past 2.5 and got a few trophies on that version.

What am I doing in midday?

dqm_6_1.jpg

Why, playing the best Dragon Quest ever, Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince! Yes, a trophy-less game is my major jam. I enjoy the Dragon Quest Monsters series as it lets you make chains of fusing to turn a meek slime into God. :lol: As such, I am grinding out levels for fusion. I am so addicted to this game as the characters harken back to my first RPG, Dragon Warrior IV. Also, every Sunday, I will be spending midday playing Princess Peach Showtime chapter by chapter for my five-year old and three-year old nieces. I don't want to feel like I never hung out with them when they grow into young women who move out of the house to go to college. :o

That is not to say I am retiring from trophy hunting, far from it. With RPG Mania 2024 on the way in five days, I am cataloguing all of the RPGs I will have to play for the rest of the year. But I am not prioritizing trophies as starting from 0% on an RPG in the event will get me points. If I start earning trophies on my RPGs before April, I get less points as completion subtracts from your score.

Therefore I will be focusing on games that I don't have to worry about for the rest of March. I promise to add platinums to the list soon.

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 1

I'm going to have to pay the piper someday to compensate my dad for having to pay extra for this game I am so addicted to. (coughcoughDragonQuestMonstersTheDarkPrincecoughcough) <_<

Anyways, I apologize for not getting a single trophy anywhere, but I have a #1 priority...

chaos.jpg

Now that the FFXIV site has announced Live Letter 80 to be dropped, I have a single-minded purpose...

April 13th is the day I will earn the platinum for the PS4 version of FFXIV. No ifs, ands or buts!

However, this is a very very VERY grindy platinum trophy. Luckily, I have managed to get all the levequest clears for An Adventure's Life, I just need to do one levequests to get 1000 tradecraft leves, abusing the generosity of Mimida in Horizon by giving her vendor potions over six months. ;)

That's the hard part. The grindy parts are yet to come. However, one trophy I won't have to worry about is Master of Materia as I have melded the same materia to a grimorie 99 times and I have the book and materia in my chocobo saddlebag.

I am running the Free Trial on this account so I don't have to pay for game time. However, I cannot earn any trophies while on the Free Trial, but I can use it to get the rest of the stuff done, which are as follows:

1. Clear 99 guildhests (the last one I earn will get me For the Realm)
  2. Clear 999 FATEs (the last one will get me the trophy Destiny's - yes, just Destiny's, no noun after it. Worst trophy name ever)
  3. Clear 99 dungeons/trials/raids
  4. Fish up 999 fish (last one will get me two trophies)
  5. Mine 999 nodes (last one will get me two trophies)
  6. Harvest 999 logs or bushes (last one will get me two trophies)
  7. Complete the Realm Reborn story (for two trophies, but note below)

The guildhests are the only part I have to wait for as you must queue up with players and the guildhest players are very rare. I might be waiting forever.

The FATEs will wait until I clear the Praetorium as I will unlock Blue Mage and I can spend the next few days grinding out Blue Mage to Level 50 and then just work on those. If I can't do those, I can probably do the FATE grinding when I upgrade my account. I am going through the story a bit, but if I find myself unable to get through ARR before April 3, I can just use the Story Skip to bypass all the story. I'm not ashamed to use a story skip on an account which is only trophy fodder as I have a legit PS5 account which I am grinding the MSQ for. I don't need to deal with Gaius Von Balsar twice. :angry:

Also, when I get Blue Mage up to Level 50, I can one-shot Ifrit in the normal Level 20 Bowl of Embers so I will just spam that trial 99 times to get prepped for that trophy.

Now, a note: Once I upgrade out of the free trial, I will have to pay for a month of game time, which is fine because once I upgrade, I will only have all those above trophies to pop in fifteen minutes. Here is what will happen when I upgrade my account to the full game:

1. First, I will buy a story skip and level skip and use them to upgrade my Warrior to Level 80(my character has only two jobs - Bard and Warrior) and skip all of the MSQ up to Endwalker, which I will not be doing. I will be selling the Allagan Platinum Pieces to get a million gil.
  2. First, I will meld that materia one more time to get my first two trophies. (Meddler in Materia, Master of Materia) (2/38)
  3. I will go to a levemete and doing their levequest to get the 1000th levequest for two trophies. (An Adventurer's Duty, An Adventure's Life) I don't know if doing a levequest will get me Page One, but I assume it will get that and Warrior of Light since I will be past ARR. (6/38)
  4. Then I will go to the marketboard and buy all the shards and materials I need and AFK craft 1000 items in each crafting class to get 16 trophies. This will take me an hour or two. I have already picked up all the crafting classes so I just need to do these crafts. (Dabble in XXX, One With XXX) This will get me over half of the trophies. (22/38)
  5. I'll then go into my gathering classes and gathering one node, bush and fish for another chunk of trophies. (28/38)
  6. After that will be the time to do the battle side of things. As my Warrior, I will clear one FATE to get the 100th FATE for two trophies for FATEs as well as two trophies for killing enemies as the only reason I am doing MSQ and dungeons is to rack up 10,000 kills. (32/38)
  7. Then I will be doing one run of Toto-Rak unsynched to get my 100th instanced raids. (34/38)
  8. Then I will do one guildhest. (36/38)
  9. Finally, I have only two more trophies to get. I'll do one Frontline Roulette to get the PvP trophy, Slay Thy Neighbor. (37/38)
  10. And then I'll unsync Binding Coil of Bahamut Turn 5 to kill Twintania for the platinum. (39/39)

Once that's done, it's hasta la vista to Chaotic Nuzlocke as I will be logging out as soon as I get that platinum and deleting my PS4 version of FFXIV and going into the Square-Enix site to cancel that account forever. No, I do not want to cancel the sub, Square-Enix, I want to cancel the account and delete my character!

I so do not intend to play this version of FFXIV after I get the platinum. This version is jank and crashes and lags way too much. I had so many freezes on it and when it crashes you have to log out of the game, to the website, and then log back in. It's jank and the faster I get to this platinum the better. As I said, I have a legit PS5 FFXIV on my secondary PSN account, and I will platinum that version too, but right now, I want to just get this bugbear off my back which will be done when I get my check in April.

Therefore, I must spend the next few days prepping the trophies so I will not be able to play any more games for the time being. I won't be marathoning, I do have another game on the Nintendo Switch I am playing, and I do go visit my nieces for Princess Peach Showtime, but for now my focus is on getting all these grinds out of the way. I'll try to set up a boosting session to get help in getting 99 guildhests.

Posted (edited)

So to make up for not getting a single platinum in my last post, I want to make this a mega-post, but first...

Clear 99 guildhests

Clear 99 dungeons/trials/raids

Fish up 999 fish

Mine 999 nodes

Harvest 999 logs or bushes

Complete the Realm Reborn story

I've upgraded my FFXIV account and popped almost all the trophies. The only ones I have left are killing 10,000 enemies(I'm at 3108), clearing 1000 FATEs(I am at 59, not even hitting 60 :() and fishing up fish 1000 times. I'm using the Those Who Bait in-game achievements to track my fishing progress, but the other achievements are slow going. The forum for this game had a poster tweet me and say I could kill my cooldowns by entering a duty and exiting, so I will try that. Anyways, I don't think I can speedrun these trophies so the chances that I might miss the April 13 deadline are high, especially with the FATEs. But I have to keep playing 24/7 to ensure I get those FATEs and fish down. :(

Anyways, here's a mega-post. I will only give a one-sentence review as many of these games were stacks that I filled to push my position to #110 so that FFXIV could be the #110th platinum. So enjoy!

L2b7d6d.png
#101: Master Maker 3D Ultimate (PS5)

#102: Master Maker 3D Ultimate (PS4)

I played these as part of a tradition I am starting where I play a shameful platinum for April Fool's Day as a joke, and this game is indeed a joke. It's really bad platforming with a level editor built in to avoid getting sued for false advertising, and it's a terrible editor. The trophies are just getting to and clearing the first desert level which requires you to get through 40 stages and kill five of each type of generic enemy. Basic indie scrap metal. 😜

L974b7b.png
#103: Legends of Talia Arcadia (PS4)

Yes, I platted the shortest game in the universe, and surprisingly this version didn't dethrone the PS5 version because it proves that PS4 versions run like molasses compared to the super-speedy PS5. :lol: No more need be said, I needed a stack and this was only $3.

Ld63023.pngL648c20.png
#104: FullBlast (PS Vita)
#105: Spyro the Dragon

I discovered I hadn't finish the pops for my former platinum rain day attempt on the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, I had almost forgotten about them. So I bought some cross-buy of three older titles I had platinumed for my AZZA challenge and played them before I played each Spyro game. FullBlast was my first F and it was an Fine top-down shooter but it was really annoying that I had to get to the Stage 4 boss before I popped the last trophy. Spyro 1 only need to clear the bonus level for the final trophy.

Lf20f71.pngLe64bcd.png
#106: Mekabolt (PS Vita)
#107: Spyro 2 - Ripto's Rage!

Don't believe my profiles page, I swore I had got the platinum for Mekabolt before popping the last trophy for Spyro 2. My PS4 couldn't keep track of my Vita. Of course, it was probably because I synced the trophies after the fact. <_< The PS4 version of Mekabolt is on my first 52 as part of the AZZA challenge.

L445075.pngL3c80ff.png

#108: Daggerhood (PS Vita)

#109: Spyro 3 - Year of the Dragon

And that's the last of the list. Daggerhood was a game I played the PS4 version on for my AZZA challenge.

That's all. Hopefully I will have the willpower to soldier on to make my 110th platinum be FFXIV. Ciao for now!

Edited by ProfSeajay7

Posted (edited)

As I promised, here it is...

L215a2e.png

#110: Final Fantasy XVI - A Realm Reborn

For the record, this is not the same as Final Fantasy XIV. They are both the same game, but this one is the Playstation 4 version, the first version of the MMO's trophy list before they upgraded it to Playstation 5 compatibility with a much more involved trophy list... with a lot of DLC that will never end as long as this game remains online, which will not end until at least 2050 because Yoshida Naoki, the guy who directed this title and remade it after 1.0 was a financial bomb, loves this game so much that he said he'll become undead to keep the game alive and refuse to die until the human race goes extinct. (I know he's joking, but a joke like that shows how much he loves his work. :))

With Dawntrail, the sixth expansion, on the way, you know there will be more DLC trophies. I am letting my secondary account handle that. I've made so many characters in this MMO which shows how much I love this game and its story as well... but I am not going to put the PS5 version on this account. This is where the PS4 version comes in. It has no plans for ever updating and has no DLC, so you can get the platinum just by clearing the Realm Reborn story, the base content of the game. It is also my rarest platinum and my first Ultra Rare platinum. The only other game I would every get an ultra-rare platinum in would be Dark Cloud 2 due to how under the radar the sequel to Dark Cloud was since it had very limited release windows in the States.

However, this game was a crazy grind. Luckily, I took advantage of the Free Trial. You see, I wanted to try out the new expansion of the Free Trial as they added Stormblood, my favorite FFXIV expansion, to the Free Trial. However... I quickly found that once you eat the Devil's Fruit you can never go back. The Free Trial has many restrictions to make your experience very difficult. It's impossible to make money like most players because you can't have retainers to sell items on the marketboard for you and you can't buy items on the marketboard. Likewise, while you can buy a few items off the cash shop, I never found these items, and they were probably just dyes and stuff that wouldn't help me. You cannot do what I do to make money - buy level skips, toss the level skips and sell the 50 Allagan Platinum pieces for half a million gil. I'm not a business mogul so I am not very good at playing the marketboard. :( You can't do that on Free Trial.

However, Free Trial does mean you do not have to pay a red cent for game time, you are free to be on FFXIV as long as you want... as long as you don't clear Ghimlyt Dark. Once you do that, you are unable to progress and your level is blocked at Level 70 for all jobs and classes(gatherers and crafters).

Chaotic%20Nuzlocke%2004_11_2024%2012_01_

See that blue Tonberry in the center of the screenshot? That was Chaotic Nuzlocke, my character, and he was in limbo for six months, only being played when his leve allowances capped at 100 for an hour to buy potions in bulk from the vendor in Horizon and give them to a female Lalafell near some chocobos for a levequest called "One for the Road." Surprisingly, that levequest is profitable, as I managed to not only get my Alchemist to the Sex-Meme number in level, but also got over 70,000 gil just from buying and delivering bog-standard potions. :lol:

This was the big problem with the original trophy list. You could marathon run all of the trophies... except one.

7L9d9945.png

This trophy, this piece of $^*@, is called An Adventurer's Life, and it clearly means that as it takes up real life months. The guide explains it best: You are time-gated on this trophy as you can only earn 3 levequest allowances every twelve hours of your life. You cannot speed this up, you cannot skip, you must wait for the leve allowances to fill up. They will fill up every 12 hours, even if you are logged out of the game. However, every 17 days of real life, the leves cap at 100, so you need to make sure you log in every 17 days and spend all of those allowances like water... and you need to do this 10 times. That amounts to 170 days, or approximately six months.

So every 17 days, or around that time, I would log in, buy 300 potions from the vendor in Horizon, and pick up the "One for the Road" leve, which requires you to deliver 3 potions. The game will not punish you or bar you from turning in bog-standard vendor potions. This is an alchemist levequest, so you need to pick up the Alchemist crafting class in Ul'dah before you can take this quest. Also, you have to be careful not to pick up any other quest. Complete the leve and you can pick it up again and tradecraft leves, which are levequests for crafters, have only three levequests for every two levels, and "One for the Road" is Level 10, so you only need to raise your Alchemist to Level 10, which is really easy to do. As I said, I hit Level 69 on my Alchemist just from these leves because I turned in so many of this leve that the EXP rolled over 40 times. After I burned all my allowances, I logged out and left the account dormant for another 17 days.

No court in the universe can convict me of fraud. If Mimoa did not like my potions she should have requested CRAFTED potions. 😜

After I got 999 levequest clears and 99 guildhest clears(it's easy to do guildhests and high level players do these mini fights to farm commendations for Mentor Roulette), I upgraded to a standard account, bought the standard edition, and after popping a lot of trophies including the aforementioned one, I bought and used a story skip and level skip and picked up the Blue Mage job which granted me the two quest trophies, and then I was lucky to get a player to grind my Blue Mage to Level 70 off of monsters in the later Stormblood areas and I managed to get some spells which really helped me farm FATEs.

The three most tedious grinds were fishing 1000 times(it popped quicker than I had expected, so I think I only had to cast my line 1000 times and not actually catch a thing), killing ten thousand enemies(I had to grind Tam Tara Deepcroft on my level-skipped Level 80 Warrior as I skipped the story; I was not planning on playing through three expansions) and the hardest part was grinding FATEs, which are timed mission-based fights that spawn in the overworld. This was the most tedious of the tasks I had to do, farming these two kobold boss FATEs in U'Ghamaro Mines which respawn every time you clear the other FATE. I had gotten sick of fighting Ge Go and Bi Go so many times, but they were not too difficult to kill - I had gotten Ram's Voice which freezes enemies around you, Ultravibration which kills any sleeping or frozen enemy, thus pairing well with Ram's Voice, and Tail Screw to spam while waiting for Ultravibration to cool down. Tail Screw has a 30% chance of dropping any monster without the boss bit(which the two Kobold Bosses lacked for some reason) to 1 HP, allowing you to kill it with a Flying Sardine. 😜

I did help some adventurers kill a Notorious Monster FATE in the Peaks, a demon called Humbaba, and that is where I got some nice barding for my Chocobo, which has kept Chaotic alive during the FATE farming. Blue Mages are a limited job, but they are the best for FATE farming as they do not lose any skills when they have to level down(aka their job level must be scaled down to make the FATE challenging, this is called level sync in the game) as their skills come from monsters which use them, not from gaining levels.

So, after that wall of text, I am not ashamed to say that I am glad I deleted the PS4 version of FFXIV and deleted Chaotic from the game ASAP after that platinum trophy popped. The PS4 version of FFXIV plays like a PS3 version of a LEGO title... janky, buggy, and tends to crash often. I can't count on my fingers how many times the world lagged in limbo for a few minutes and then exploded to catch up, or Chaotic was trapped and unable to move, or the game just plain out crashed with an error, which meant I had to actually close the game(since the PS4 version gives you an error saying you didn't log out and won't let you back in until you log out properly). I'm just glad it's over and can focus on other RPGs. (As well as Cassilena's character in FFXIV, Blueberry Dreamweaver, which I will be playing with during the Live Letter reading tomorrow evening during Square-Enix's 14-hour broadcast!)

Rest in the Lifestream, Chaotic Nuzlocke. You will not be missed, but your feats will be remembered forever. ;)

Edited by ProfSeajay7

Posted (edited)

L91962f.pngL59cd2d.png

#111: Wordbreaker by POWGI (PS4)

#112: Wordbreaker by POWGI (PS5)

"Today is International Persona 5 Day. You never saw that coming." 😛

Yeah, the horrible stand-up comedian on four legs with his stupid word puzzles returns, as I needed to add purple to my second rainbow bingo card and this was the fastest game with purple on its image. And I'm talking lavender, not the normal purple as that would count as deep purple and I already filled out that slot.

I also needed something fast and easy to detox after the huge six day grind of FFXIV. (Which I will repeat in triplicate in the PS5 version of FFXIV. :()

So I did another POWGI game and stacked both the PS4 and PS5 versions. This is basically that game in the 80s where you put five pegs in a slot and the opponent told you which pegs were in the right spots. I don't remember the name as it was a very old board game. This time, you use letters and the catch is you can only use each letter once, but the words are all five-letter only. After putting in the usual naughty word for the angry mutt trophy, there were a lot of miscellaneous trophies, including one self-promoting POWGI. Yeah, the dog's name is POWGI. <_<

This is one of those "complete all the puzzles" platinum lists but there is a list of all the solutions and it only takes half a minute max to plug in the words. So that's that. I promise I'll try to get more meaty titles later.

Edited by ProfSeajay7

Posted (edited)

So I decided to just put this away now before it got any more foul from spoilage... :(

L5d4d6a.png

#113: Unpacking (PS5)

After being in the pan for three and a quarter months, it was time to just let this game go. I was hoping it'd be "U" in my A-Z challenge but at this point I am not sure I am going to continue that challenge. My next title goal was Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch... which is still rotting in my PS3 which hasn't been turned on since I got it. :(

Final Fantasy XIV was taking over my life so I had to clean this out of the pantry, just like the virtual boxes in the game. So I booted it up, solved the Rubik's Cube for the last trophy, and deleted it and the save. I'm glad that'my last Platinum Rain list is now gone.

Still unsure if I want to do another, though, with only two months and a dollop left before the 48-hour Dawntrail maintenance period. I have to get my character in FFXIV past Shadowbringers at least and that takes hours, and adding more games to play in the meantime is a bit difficult. 😴

But I really had to put a platinum now, it had been a full week since I did any trophy hunting, if you don't count the trophies I popped clearing the 2.x content and then Heavensward. Anyways, I'm already planning out a list on the A-Z Slayers challenge that @DoctorDrPepper has posted so that might motivate me to start up some games in limbo. If I have to, I will purchase more stacks of easies for the Vita and play them on my one-mile walks. (I just gained a pound, I need to start cutting out food and doubling my walk time. 😢)

Edited by ProfSeajay7

I threw this in as I was feeling a bit rotten and wanted to push my ABC challenge a bit. Ni No Kuni will have to wait.

Lad082a.png
#114: Newt One

A really simple platformer with some tricky jump. The goal is to color in the levels and there are four stages with six levels, but you can find a wand that will color in everything around you. You collect notes to get palette swaps of your costume and the platinum just requires you to rescue all the parrots in the levels, color in all the levels(which the wands make easy) and get all the costume color swaps(you get a new color swap every time you collect 50 notes). I am glad you don't have to get perfect runs as it was impossible for me to avoid falling into the abyss over and over.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

L08c2de.png

#115: Ravva and the Cyclops Curse

L632e96.png

#116: Ravva and the Phantom Library

We have a double-header this time! Yesterday I platinumed the first game, and today I got the second unexpectedly. Didn't expect that the trophy for earning all challenges meant you had to earn all challenges in only one stage!

Despite these games being EastAsiaSoft EZPZs, I really like the 8-bit asthetic style and the mechanics of having four different spirits that have special abilities. Also, Ravva looks very cool as an owl in a wizard outfit. These games got a lot of inspiration from Shovel Knight. I wouldn't be surprised in the developers of this game did a Kickstarter to create a 16-bit third game with this character and her spirits, maybe go into 3D. I'd play that. ^_^

So, to conclude, even though these games are pretty easy(I wouldn't have been mad if they had updated the trophy list to beat the game in Cyclops Curse), I think these titles are a testament to the fact that retro isn't dead and you can still be entertaining even if your trophies are easy.

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 1

I wanted to put this out immediately because the rest of the day will be busy busy busy organizing the games I will be playing over the course of the next month. You see, I'm be approved to join @voodoo_eyes's Kill Your Completion event, which is an event where you add games to your backlog by playing a list of games which you haven't started yet for a certain amount of time over a certain number of days for each game. I have submitted ten games to be played over the course of May, and, since I think that I need to truly embrace the "Kill Your Completion" aspect,  which implies that you are destroying your trophy percentage and dropping it severely, I decided to put an extra restriction:

I am not allowed to play any games other than the ones on my list, and only for the specified time, which will be one hour a day for three days (four for the last game as May has 31 days, so there is an extra day).

What will I do after I play my sessions? I'll be busy on @Casillena_99, working on FFXIV. I have a lot of catching up to do to get to Endwalker before the drop of Dawntrail. (I plan to do the Endwalker MSQ with one of the new jobs, guess which one! ;)) If I get tired of Orthard, I have games on that account I can play. I got some flak for having multiple trophy accounts by stretching myself too thin, so I am going to try to work a bit on some of the games I promised I'd play on that account. I already have Shantae: Half Genie Hero and A Hat In Time started. I also have a third account, @Mimic_Pot0, which has games that I want to play but will probably not get the platinum in, as well as games without platinum trophies. One my security check drops, I can buy a few games, but I am going to be traveling to Utah in mid-May to attend a charity event where people speed-run video games, so I will be away from the computer from mid-day of May 19 to late evening on May 22.

However, before I shackle myself to the KYC Pillar, I did manage to pop off three more platinums. These will be the last games I complete until June 1st. They are very easy games but since I will be busy packing up my GameCube and organizing the next 31 days of gaming time, it's important I didn't start another long project. They were also on sale so I only paid $5 for them(well, I paid another $20.00 to recover Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition, but...)

L39ba9d.png

#117: Midnight Deluxe (PS4)

Well, as one Youtuber says, "If you platinum one game, you gotta platinum the entire series." Since I had knocked out 36 Fragments and Birthday for my alphabet challenge, I decided why not just do this one as well?

Whether this game is harder or easier than Birthday of Midnight, I dunno, but I did have a bit of head-banging frustration as the shots you have to hurl Midnight with need to be precise or he dies in a sawblade, a pit, or voids out. Most of the trophies are similar to 36 Fragments with various trophies for dying in certain ways, but you also need to clear 40 stages to get trophies, and these get worse as you go along. Still, not too long.

L5b85b5.png

#118: Autumn's Journey

Yep, another visual novel. 😛

I needed something brown for my second Kaledioscope card since I wouldn't be working on it until June, and this image was the only brown one I could think of.

Not too difficulty, there are guides on the choices you need to make but they aren't too tough. This is about an adventurer girl who meets a merman and a werewolf, and they go adventuring together. The romance is mostly light but there is a gay male pairing so be careful if you want to read it slowly. <_<

L6a0f86.png

#119: Hitman GO - Definitive Edition

I'm not interested in Agent 47, but I've platinumed this title a few times before because it a series of the GO-style puzzle game where you move a pawn around the board to fulfill objectives. I platinumed Lara Croft GO, which uses the Tomb Raider properties, but I don't care about the Hitman series, though I know a lot of people love sneaking around and assassinating people. 😜

This is a more primitive version of Lara Croft GO, the characters are static pawns on a static board which is decorated to look like settings from the Hitman series. Every board has 15 puzzles except for two you unlock that are based on "Hitman: Blood Money" and "Hitman: Silent Assassin." If any Hitman fan wants to pop me up and tell me if those games exist, I'd be okay with that, but don't expect me to convert to shaving my head. :lol:

Anyways, I just followed a text guide for all the puzzles, though I flubbed a few times and got caught. Thankfully, you just start the puzzle over if Agent 47 dies.

There are a lot of interesting gimmicks like conveyor belts, switches that make enemies take two moves, or hatches you can use to warp around the map. It's okay, but it took a while to clear all 76 puzzles. Luckily, nothing is missable as you can replay the levels if you missed anything.

That's all for April. See you in June! ;) (At least don't expect any update for over a month.)

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 2