Has anyone tried to import save data from Free Edition after having made progress in the full version?

Virdeborn

I just got done with all of the A++ trophies in the full game, because I did not want to save them for last. I was thinking about switching to Free Edition and get my 300 wins trophy as well as In the Nick of Time there (the latter being the only other online trophy I didn't get naturally while grinding for the A++ trophies), before going back to the full version.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to import my Free Edition progress into my current Retail Edition version save file, and then just pop the 300 ranked wins trophy by winning an additional match? My current Retail Edition ranked win counter stands at 100, so I'm wondering if this would be replaced, or if they would merge somehow.. or if the win count from Free Edition would just be an invisible stat used to determine that I'm qualified for the trophy? 

I guess otherwise, worst case scenario would probably be deleting my Retail Edition save file (but keep a back up), start a brand new one and import the Free Edition data to get the remaining trophies to pop, then decide if I want to keep that save file over the one I've got backed up?

Has anyone here tried to do anything like this?

If all stats were saved online I think that would make sense but everything should be tied to your save file and from what Ive read you can only go from Free Edition to Full Game and not the other way. However upon further research it seems there's conflicting info, since its the same save data, I wonder if you going from Full Game to Free Edition would create a new save file or perhaps transfer all progress?
I know I'm probably not helping much but I'm on a similar situation and all Ive found are conflicting reports.

I originally started a Free Edition save file, played a few matches and realised I wanted to get the A++ trophies out of the way first, so I did just that. Then I re-installed Free Edition and started over with a new save file and what little online progress I'd made in my first save file was gone, and of course none of the progress from the Retail Edition carried over (but I knew it wouldn't). So it seems that all data is indeed store in the save file and not on a server.

I also know that none of the offline related stats carry over from Free to Retail, for some reason. So doing the big grind for 50 titles in the Free Edition first is not going to help with doing it in the Retail Edition. All offline ranks and levels will reset. So I might as well transfer the moment I'm done with the online portion of Free.

But since a lot if not all information seems to be stored within the save files themselves, I guess there would be no harm in trying to load up Retail with my existing save data and check if it prompts me to import data from the Free Edition. As long as I have both Free and Retail save files backed up via the cloud, I should just be able to re-download and get another shot at importing should it be a "once per save file attempt" to import data situation, I think?

The offline tittles, money and stats will not carry over to the full version!!? Oof, that's a tough one.

Im currently working on the FE and interested in buying the full game along with the season pass and the missing characters.

correct me if I'm wrong but if I buy lets say Ardyn in the FE to unlock the tittles towards the trophy, he should be unlocked in the complete version correct?

let us know what happens.

EDIT: WAIT A MIN.... I just thought about it. So the 300 wins in the FE don't count towards the full game? we have to start from 0??

Edited by veinte-justo

Regarding offline progress, that's what I've read. That the big grind for offline ranks and titles doesn't carry over. I don't know about Gil though. But you'll want to import your Free save file into Retail as soon as you're done with the big online grind anyway, since you're going to be capped on treasures (99 is the max I believe).

DLC characters like Ardyn should work for both editions of the game, yes. Just don't buy a character like Cloud who comes with the full base version of the game. The season pass is on sale quite often. I plan on getting it the next time it's on sale myself.

Your online progress in Free should transfer over. So if you get 300 wins in Free, you just have to win one more in Retail for the trophy to pop (and the same goes for any other online trophies you've obtained in Free, like destroying one more crystal by yourself to get that to pop etc).

13 hours ago, veinte-justo said:

The offline tittles, money and stats will not carry over to the full version!!? Oof, that's a tough one.

Im currently working on the FE and interested in buying the full game along with the season pass and the missing characters.

correct me if I'm wrong but if I buy lets say Ardyn in the FE to unlock the tittles towards the trophy, he should be unlocked in the complete version correct?

let us know what happens.

EDIT: WAIT A MIN.... I just thought about it. So the 300 wins in the FE don't count towards the full game? we have to start from 0??

Everything done in the Free Edtion carries over to the full edition (From personal experience). I even did 2 wins with every character (maybe not all but a lot of them) and only had to do one more in the full version to get the trophy for each one.

Edit: you can confirm this by going to my profile, first trophy and 300 ranked match are unlocked in the same day with 1 hour difference (impossible to do 300 ranked matches in 1 hour).

Edited by oYazmat