"Running on Fumes" Trophy

Mori

Running on Fumes
"A SPARK unit survives a mission it started with less than half health"

I know that I have to begin the mission with a SPARK unit below 50% and then finish it for the trophy to unlock. I finished several missions with a SPARK unit below 50% but it always starts the next mission with 50% or almost full HP again, even though I removed it from Chen's repair slot immediately after prior mission.

Anyone has an advice on what I'm doing wrong or not paying attention to?

30 minutes ago, fenris-lima said:

I don't remember having any trouble with this trophy. Have you checked if there is anything related to autorepair, maybe the difficulty you are playing repairs faster or some skill repairs at the end of mission?

I don't know of any upgrade I've researched so far that would insta heal a SPARK unit and not one guide mentions sth like this, so I assume it does not exist. My unit was promoted once after a mission and I suspected that to be the issue but after a different mission it was back to 50%> health without being promoted.

I'll have a suspicion that removing a unit from Chen's repair slot might auto-repair a SPARK unit to at least 50%, at least on Rookie difficulty which I am playing on right now. I am trying to set up a second mission now, like a black site/factory which I can do immediately after and see if that might work.

Edited by Mori

If not the bellow, you can try bringing 2 Sparks on a mission since only one can be repaired at engineering

From the wiki https://xcom.fandom.com/wiki/SPARK_(XCOM_2)/Guides:

• Also, SPARK armor provides healing when a mission is completed. The tier of the armor indicates how many HP will be healed (+2 HP for second tier and +4 HP for third tier). For example, if a SPARK which is damaged by 5 completes a mission, only 3 HP need to be repaired to fully restore the SPARK.
  • Repair is the only means of restoring a SPARK's health during a mission. Because a SPARK cannot take cover, it will often be the target of enemy fire- especially if you use the SPARK's Sacrifice, Bulwark, or Strike abilities regularly. Being able to restore health thus gives your SPARK an effective additional 12 HP, which is significant.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fenris-lima said:

If not the bellow, you can try bringing 2 Sparks on a mission since only one can be repaired at engineering

From the wiki https://xcom.fandom.com/wiki/SPARK_(XCOM_2)/Guides:

• Also, SPARK armor provides healing when a mission is completed. The tier of the armor indicates how many HP will be healed (+2 HP for second tier and +4 HP for third tier). For example, if a SPARK which is damaged by 5 completes a mission, only 3 HP need to be repaired to fully restore the SPARK.
  • Repair is the only means of restoring a SPARK's health during a mission. Because a SPARK cannot take cover, it will often be the target of enemy fire- especially if you use the SPARK's Sacrifice, Bulwark, or Strike abilities regularly. Being able to restore health thus gives your SPARK an effective additional 12 HP, which is significant.

I just completed a mission with SPARK unit having only 1 HP left, it still has the basic armor. After the mission I went immediately for a main mission and it still had only 1 HP. I made a save and removed the unit from the repair slot and it still had 1 HP.

So, I have no idea what was different, but it worked and I can put this stupid trophy to rest.

Thanks for your input though.

Edited by Mori