Very strange trophy glitch?

Letenko

Hello all,

I came across something very strange and I was wondering if someone would perhaps have an explanation as I've never seen anything like this happen before.

Yesterday I started Cuphead using the physical disc on my PS5, it was late so I wasn't planning on playing long. I beat The Root Pack which got me the trophy for beating a boss, then went back and beat them again to get the trophy for beating a boss without getting hit. Both trophies popped fine, I saw them in notifications on my PS5.

Now here's the weird part, before I went to bed, I checked my trophies on the PS5 and Cuphead was there at 0%. I thought it was odd, so I checked the trophies for beating a boss and a perfect run, they did come up as locked, no date or anything. My notifications still showed I have unlocked both and clicking on one of them showed me that my Cuphead list was supposed to be at 3%.

Given that I saw PSNP wasn't updating due to maintnance I just went to bed, woke up just now to check. The trophy list is still at 0%, the notifications are completely gone and I would have thought the whole experience was a dream if it wasn't for the fact that my PS5 still has clips of me getting both trophies which I just checked now. I can also still delete the trophy list given that it sits at 0%.

Please, have any of you experienced this or anything similiar to it? I'm concerned that if I delete the game and start over the trophies won't pop, rendering the platinum unobtainable for me or it will show an issue with the timestamps on those 2 trophies.

there was a bit of oddness with trophy synching on the Sony side yesterday I believe, so perhaps a bit of hangover from that?

I'd say your best bet would be maybe to earn a trophy in another game - any trophy - and see if when that synchs, the Cuphead ones synch too?

I suspect they will, but if they don't then I'd probably recommend deleting the game from your system entirely, deleting the "0%" trophy list, then reinstalling the game, then doing the same fight and see if the first trophy pops that time?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

*snip*

Thank you, I'll try getting a trophy in Split Second and see if does something.

Small edit: Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit, ss I was writing this your post gave me am idea, I disabled my network connection on my PS5, to see if the trophies are there locally and sure enough, Cuphead comes up at 3%. When I re-emabled the network connection and chceked again, it came up as 0%. I'll go pop something else in a different game and report back.

I just earned a trophy on my PS3, synced it and went to my PS5. Split Second did show up as my latest game, Cuphead was stuck at 0%. I forced my PS5 to sync trophies with PSN, it took about 30 seconds and Cuphead came up at 3%, so it seems fixed now. Thank you very much @DrBloodmoney.

• Like 1

Just now, Letenko said:

I just earned a trophy on my PS3, synced it and went to my PS5. Split Second did show up as my latest game, Cuphead was stuck at 0%. I forced my PS5 to sync trophies with PSN, it took about 30 seconds and Cuphead came up at 3%, so it seems fixed now. Thank you very much @DrBloodmoney.

hmmm - weird one for sure, but glad it worked out eventually!

• Like 1