Worth attempting the online trophies in 2023?

SuperTrunks979

It's very hard but will feel great to get those trophies the honest way. There's a lot of very skilled and experienced players. I can tell some are really into the game and I think it's only fair to get slapped around for a while as new comers just trying to get the trophies.

1 hour ago, ruexnimbus said:

It's very hard but will feel great to get those trophies the honest way. There's a lot of very skilled and experienced players. I can tell some are really into the game and I think it's only fair to get slapped around for a while as new comers just trying to get the trophies.

If that’s the route I wanted to go I wouldn’t be on a forum looking for help

2 minutes ago, T-Prime85 said:

If that’s the route I wanted to go I wouldn’t be on a forum looking for help

Fair enough, I can offer some advice from what I've learned.

• The combo attacks for everyone are limited, mostly the same attacks each time. There's often an opening to use a block guard to parry and counter.
  • Once someone starts a weapon combo attack they will often continue forward being unable to rotate or stop. If you can side-step the initial strike you'll have an opening almost every time.
  • Be wary of the swinging attacks that strike the sides making side-steps unavailable. The kick/punch attacks will almost always strike you if you try to side step. Alternatively if someone is trying to circle you, you can rely on kick/punch attacks to limit them (or your own swing attacks).
  • If you get stuck toe-to-toe try alternating mid and low attacks to keep them guessing until you have a chance to make some distance for stronger attacks.
  • Overall it's very helpful to learn the attack patterns of each character. Many of them have mid-low alternating attacks by default and the only real way to protect yourself is to know the pattern.
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just a note for potential future buyers, as of 2024, i think the online is dying quickly now and there are only few rooms. If you cant find rooms, make sure that when you search, you try "other regions" and "other languages".

• 1 month later...

At first glance I thought that online matchmaking is dead, but the chance for players is possible.

No new game has been announced yet and I assume from the moment a new game is announced that the online section will be more active again.

So you can now make the effort to wait until a new part is released and then play before the new game is released or you can just take on the grind now, which can come with some frustration.