How to check the "region" of your save files on PS5

kehlig-Stapfen

Two years ago, I borrowed a disk from a friend, to play Horizon Forbidden West. I dont remember which region the disk was, because I live in a country where there are a lof of different region discs in the market.

Now I want to get the Burning Shores DLC and game itself as well. Probably when it goes on sale, or will get the complete edition when it comes out. Now I dont have the game downloaded, but the save files are in my PS5. Is there any way I can check which region the save files are so I dont buy from the wrong region (digitally or the disk)? I mean I only have the save files at this point to check the region, nothing else.

I was in Germany for 2 years only, I actually belong from a country where there's no official Sony store. The disks are imported by local sellers from different regions. Usually they are Region 2, but if there's still a 10% chance that it can be different region, I honestly cant afford to take the risk. Hence I was here asking for help. But I guess you cant check this on PS5, so I would rather have to wait now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 8:16 PM, kehlig-Stapfen said:

Two years ago, I borrowed a disk from a friend, to play Horizon Forbidden West. I dont remember which region the disk was, because I live in a country where there are a lof of different region discs in the market.

Out of curiosity, asking that particular friend for a pic of the box (i guess spine is the most desired here) is not an option?