Recommended mouse and keyboard with zero PS5 lag?

lgnis-Fatuus-

Hi!

I'm mainly a PC player, and just log onto my PS5 to pop trophies usually. I've tried every mouse and keyboard in my house, both wired and wireless, and all of them have awful input lag. I've checked and changed PS5 controller settings for mouse and keyboard sensitivity and none of them have fixed or changed anything. I've also messed with the mouse's firmware, and still no difference. It's worth mentioning that these all work fine on my PC, and this lag was present on PS4 as well. For the record, dual shock does not have any input lag but like hell I'm tryna relearn this game on a DualShock lmao.

I've been able to get savage clears after a few weeks of farming on PC, since they're mostly memorization and by then DPS checks aren't as tight, but now that there's the expectation that we'll be doing Deep Dungeon solo clears, I'm going to need something pretty much identical to PC, since every millisecond and twitch reaction can make or break a run.

For those of you that have any of the DD solo clears on PS5, did you use Dual Shock or mouse/keyboard? And if the latter, which do you use/recommend?

Thank you for any insight!

Edited by lgnis-Fatuus-

While I haven't played FF XIV, I play some FPS. One keyboard I like for PC and PS5 is the Cherry G80-3000N wired. This has  N-key rollover and anti-ghosting. When you're using it on PC, you can activate a Windows key lockout. On PS5 it's been good with Quake 1 & 2, and I haven't noticed lag with it. I wish the PS5 port of Trepang2 (and many other FPS) had KBM support.

Prices vary widely on this one. Sometimes it may run as high as $150, but shop around and you can find it under $100 easily.

• 2 months later...

Late to the party to reply to this, but I've been playing the game on my couch with a Logitech MK270 mouse & keyboard wireless combo.

It's very cheap but it does the job right. The mouse might not be the most comfortable but it's been working well for me for the past 2 years I spent on the game.