Tekken 6 Announed for PS Plus Premium ( PSP Version )

Johnnybaz85

Now that there is confirmation that Tekken 6 will be part of the upcoming PS Plus Premium collection, how do you think the trophies and performance will fare as it has been rumored to be the PSP version instead of the PS3 Version? I would love to Platinum it as I have for every other Tekken game. 

• Like 1

Just now, KenjiCBZ said:

There may even be no Trophies at all, considering there haven't been any for Tekken 2 :(

I just wanted to say the same. I don't think there will be trophies at all in the game because of Tekken 2 like you mentioned 😅 and as far as I noticed almost none of the third party classics have trophies included in their games, right?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, El_Aitor_Koh said:

No trophys and is a emulation of the PSP version...

Looks like 💩. If you have the PS3 disc, play that on 720p. Better than this.

As it was expected and announced.

the menus are very pixelated but that’s probably because of how zoomed in it all is compared to a small screen. Gameplay itself it looks good. Character models look smooth.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

The PSP version also doesn't have scenario campaign, and if you look at the PS3 trophy list you can see most of the trophies are for that mode. I think out of the 50 trophies on the PS3 version, they would only be able to use 7, one of them being the platinum trophy.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Treilio said:

The PSP version also doesn't have scenario campaign, and if you look at the PS3 trophy list you can see most of the trophies are for that mode. I think out of the 50 trophies on the PS3 version, they would only be able to use 7, one of them being the platinum trophy.

They could have easily come up with some gameplay and miscellaneous Trophies, as they did with Tekken Tag HD, if they just wanted.

2 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

They could have easily come up with some gameplay and miscellaneous Trophies, as they did with Tekken Tag HD, if they just wanted.

Yes of course, I just wanted to make it clear that it wouldn't have been just as simple as removing all of the online trophies from the PS3 trophy list.

• Like 3

On 10/27/2023 at 7:50 PM, Treilio said:

Okay. Then all they had to do was add 3-4 new trophies to reach the minimum requirement, and boom, done.

Edited by RossHour4
Speech correction
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RossHour4 said:

Okay. Then all they had to do was add 3-4 new trophies to reach the minimum requirement, and boom, done.

That takes extra effort though which, from a 3rd party perspective, isn’t worth it especially when the games aren’t even available for purchase outright at least for a while. Tekken 2 was successful without trophies as it was the most popular PSOne classic on Premium according to Sony so I imagine if they don’t have to (which we know they don’t) they won’t bother. No matter how simple or little the job is, that’s manpower, time and resources spent elsewhere rather than catering to an unprofitable niche in this context

• Like 1