zmr's Crypt journey on the PS5

zemiguelreis

On 12/17/2023 at 1:11 PM, MohandGamer7 said:

Dorian starts with an armor

Yes, but Dorian is known for taking a lot of hits, as the two tile movement makes it confusing where you are leaping to, plus any of the one beat enemies are very deadly. So yeah, him spawning with armour is nice, but not free has to have some sort of reason to start with it.

On 12/17/2023 at 1:11 PM, MohandGamer7 said:

Actually, his shovel can dig every wall in the game including Gold walls. However, he'll take half a heart of damage. Despite that, you have to remember that every other character (except Dove and Dorian) use the basic shovel that can only dig tier 1 wall, so I can't see how Monk can be worse. If you don't want to take the half a heart damage, don't dig a wall unless you get stuck.

Yes, I know that It's just that he doesn't have a lot of health to begin with, and for some reason RNG loves spawning higher level walls all the time on the gold kills characters. Monk is not easy there are a lot of ways the gold can kill you. Definitely much worse than Aria.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi

• 1 month later...

So I've finally started this game, it took me a little longer than what I wanted. I guess I was waiting for a better time window, like having 1 or 2 free weeks so I could play for at least 50 hours just to have a faster adaptation to the game, learn about the items, boss patterns, other basic enemies and the characters overall. 

Unfortunately I won't have that much free time at the moment so I decided to just start it and take my time without pressuring myself.

As I said before I'll post monthly updates of my progress just to keep track of everything and to stay motivated!

I've spoken with some of the platinum achievers and I decided to start playing with the PS5 controller for now. 

I already bought the Cronus Zen adapter but I'm still waiting for it to arrive. 

FYI the latest Sony PS5 update disables this device so I'm hoping they fix it eventually...

Anyway, the first two trophies are popped so there's no going back now! 

Just completed Zone 1 with Cadence and killed the shopkeeper.

Everything is new to me. I've never played a Dungeon Crawler neither a Rythm based game but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Trophy progress

Base game: 2/29

Amplified DLC: 0/13

Time

2 hours played

@UnknownProphesy has also been doing something very similar and uploading a lot of gameplay videos, so you should check him out. Thank you btw, I'll definitely watch some of these! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zemiguelreis said:

So I've finally started this game, it took me a little longer than what I wanted. I guess I was waiting for a better time window, like having 1 or 2 free weeks so I could play for at least 50 hours just to have a faster adaptation to the game, learn about the items, boss patterns, other basic enemies and the characters overall. 

Unfortunately I won't have that much free time at the moment so I decided to just start it and take my time without pressuring myself.

As I said before I'll post monthly updates of my progress just to keep track of everything and to stay motivated!

I've spoken with some of the platinum achievers and I decided to start playing with the PS5 controller for now. 

I already bought the Cronus Zen adapter but I'm still waiting for it to arrive. 

FYI the latest Sony PS5 update disables this device so I'm hoping they fix it eventually...

Anyway, the first two trophies are popped so there's no going back now! 

Just completed Zone 1 with Cadence and killed the shopkeeper.

Everything is new to me. I've never played a Dungeon Crawler neither a Rythm based game but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Trophy progress

Base game: 2/29

Amplified DLC: 0/13

Time

2 hours played

@UnknownProphesy has also been doing something very similar and uploading a lot of gameplay videos, so you should check him out. Thank you btw, I'll definitely watch some of these! 

Good luck on your journey @zemiguelreis I’m looking forward to those updates. It is best to go at your own pace with a couple of side games to avoid burnout on the game. Also if you haven’t already you should check out the boss guides Floriiss has on YouTube as those helped me out a lot in the early game

• Like 1