Show/hide shovelware in user profiles?

I apologize if this has been brought up or is already implemented, but I think it would be useful if, when viewing someone's trophy profile, there was a toggle for showing or hiding "shovelware" like there is on the main game list.

Usual disclaimer: I'm not looking to pass judgment of any kind about these games or whether one should play them. I look at other people's profiles mainly if I think we have some overlap in interests and want to find games I might not have heard of, and sometimes there's stuff there for me but it's buried under stuff I'm not interested in.

I’d be down for a no shovelware leaderboard, but problem is what’s considered shovelware? Sure the jumping and stroke games are some, but what about Ratalaika games? Those have easy plays but I wouldn’t put them in the shovelware others would tho, what about visual novels? Many of those can be done in minutes if using a guide and skipping dialog. What about auto pops?

Theres no simple solution to this and once you start adding anoyher leaderboard, how long before there’s another thread that want a third leaderboard for whatever reason and then it keeps going 

As for searching games on profiles, there’s a search bar just for that, 

Edited by JCP3953
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, veryrareoriginal said:

I don't think there is. I wanted to see what actual games the number 1 plays lmao

Look at their ultra rare trophies, most of those should be from actual games. 

They put over 50 hours into capcom arcade cabinet, which doesn’t even have a platinum. That’s kind of surprising to me lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JCP3953 said:

I’d be down for a no shovelware leaderboard, but problem is what’s considered shovelware? Sure the jumping and stroke games are some, but what about Ratalaika games? Those have easy plays but I wouldn’t put them in the shovelware others would tho, what about visual novels? Many of those can be done in minutes if using a guide and skipping dialog. What about auto pops?

Theres no simple solution to this and once you start adding anoyher leaderboard, how long before there’s another thread that want a third leaderboard for whatever reason and then it keeps going 

As for searching games on profiles, there’s a search bar just for that, 

I'm not talking about leaderboards.

There is already a definition of shovelware on this website, you can hide them when looking at the list of games.

Searching for a game is not what I am talking about. I am talking about discovering games I have not heard of. And yes, I have definitely found games that I ended up liking just from browsing profiles.

Edited by masnevets

3 minutes ago, masnevets said:

I'm not talking about leaderboards.

There is already a definition of shovelware on this website, you can hide them when looking at the list of games.

Searching for a game is not what I am talking about. I am talking about discovering games I have not heard of. And yes, I have definitely found games that I ended up liking just from browsing profiles.

I posted this in the wrong thread accidentally lol 

I agree with the what defines shovelware question.

There are two games from ratalaika I can think off to give examples.

Cyber Citizen Shockman which I just finished today is a extremely easy plat because of cheats. But it is a real old retro game, and despite some issues I have with the game it's not shovelware, it's a actual game. Just with a plat that's very easy with cheats.

Then there's long live the queen, a game I've played on pc years ago but not on playstation. The achievement list looks easy (50ish%) but actually getting all the endings and 100%ing the game takes a lot of time and guides.  It's just the trophy list doesn't require you to do all that. Easy looking list, a actual non shovelware game.

That's why eastasiasoft and ratalaika games I don't think can be included here.  The plats are easy but the games are actual games most of the time.

I played cyber Citizen Shockman because I thought it looked cool not for trophies,im sure that's the same for others too.

This cannot be based only on percentage or a blanket policy on publisher's.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

I agree with the what defines shovelware question.

There are two games from ratalaika I can think off to give examples.

Cyber Citizen Shockman which I just finished today is a extremely easy plat because of cheats. But it is a real old retro game, and despite some issues I have with the game it's not shovelware, it's a actual game. Just with a plat that's very easy with cheats.

Then there's long live the queen, a game I've played on pc years ago but not on playstation. The achievement list looks easy (50ish%) but actually getting all the endings and 100%ing the game takes a lot of time and guides.  It's just the trophy list doesn't require you to do all that. Easy looking list, a actual non shovelware game.

There is certainly a discussion about the definition of "shovelware" to be had, but that's in other threads. (I agree with Long Live the Queen -- played it a while back, great game btw)

I should have made it clear in my first post: if this toggle does not exist, I would like to request that it be added. Somehow people successfully got this toggle for the new games list on the frontpage and that was way more work (now someone has to manually maintain this list). My request is much more humble: I just want to use whatever that current list is (however good or bad you think it is).

1 minute ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Only problem is they use the shovelware tag to hide stacks so you’d basically have inconsistent results with non-shovelware included. 

That's only for new games right? My understanding is that after a certain time passes, the shovelware tag is removed from stacks. I don't mind that at all; the toggle could default to show shovelware, I don't care.

• Like 2