Looking To Start This Game - Any Tips, Tricks etc?

TheDarkKratos

I am wanting to play this game primarily for fun.

But along the way I want to earn the base game's platinum. 

Only things I know so far is it's very grindy and moderately difficult.

Can anyone here advise me on the best way to tackle this game efficiently?

Looked over the guide as well. Any game-breaking bugs or missable trophies?

Any thing that will make my journey more enjoyable, easier?

Thanks in advance for any/all help 😎

Edited by TheDarkKratos

1 hour ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Any game-breaking bugs or missable trophies?

None at all. 

1 hour ago, TheDarkKratos said:

There are tips in general discussion thread, for example  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 10/16/2023 at 10:20 PM, TheDarkKratos said:

I am wanting to play this game primarily for fun.

But along the way I want to earn the base game's platinum. 

Only things I know so far is it's very grindy and moderately difficult.

Looked over the guide as well. Any game-breaking bugs or missable trophies?

Any thing that will make my journey more enjoyable, easier?

Thanks in advance for any/all help 😎

Playing this game right now and I'm in the exact same boat - Playing for fun but also going for the plat.

From the stage I am at in the game, I would say the best way to tackle the game efficiently is to just play it as often as you can. Just do the daily quests to level up your adventure rank and enjoy yourself. The current stage of the game is very enjoyable so you will be busy. Because there is so much, each time I play, I've noticed I've started to focus on specific things to do, such as progressing through the story one session and then completing dungeons and beating bosses to get materials to progress my characters/weapons.

Couple pointers from my experience:

1) There are a lot of characters, but it seems from what I have gathered, choose whatever ever character you want to play as [for whatever you reason might be. i.e., looks, play style, etc]] and build your team around them. There are quite a few resources online you can use that will give pointers to character builds and such.

2) I would say every time you come across a chest, beat the enemies around it. It'll probably save you time later on, but you will be up and down the map all the time so you'll collect the chests naturally.

3) The community is very friendly. So higher leveled people will always request to jump in your game and help you with domains, bosses, or quests.

4) You can play the game completely F2P if you choose to. On the other hand, you can spend money to get specific characters you really want. 

5) There really is no way to complete the game and get the plat quickly, so prepare to invest sometime into the game. Enjoy the ride as it has a pretty solid story and some good lore imo. A lot of content to keep you busy.

Nothing game breaking or buggy that I have come across. All trophies should be attainable as the map is free roam. 

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

1. Know that this game will be a big time investment.

2. Do not waste your primogems on the standard banner. Use those for the limited banners.

3. Pick a DPS unit you want to play then build around them with supports. You'll eventually need 2 teams for the abyss, so 2 DPS and 6 supports.

4. Don't spread yourself too thin. As a f2p you'll be resource starved if you try levelling up everyone, so put some thought into who you want to build.

5. There are leaks about future characters for quite a few patches, so you can look into that and see if there's someone you'd be interested in saving for (design-wise since there's no gameplay leaks yet)

6. Characters also rerun, so you can look at the current roster and decide who you might be interested in and start saving for them.

• Like 1

I would recommend you use the Teyvat Interactive Map (https://act.hoyolab.com/ys/app/interactive-map/index.html) to mark out any oculi/chest you may have found. This helps a lot when going for the collectables, as you dont want to waste time backtracking and running around finding these collectables. You can use this to mark out the locations of collectables you need as well.

If you want to save even more time, focus on finishing Archon quests for each region first and unlock the ability to view the region's reputation. Try going for these trophies first as they take the longest. You definitely have to login every week to complete weekly quests to max out your reputation in each region, so try getting these done as fast as possible.

This game is a MASSIVE time sink so just play it and enjoy it as it is. Trophies will come naturally, don't stress too much over them.

• Like 1