Save file not working

Rejim

So seeing the plat is still obtainable and just missing some badges trophies, managed to find a copy at the local store and booted it up. Had a save file from 2011. I enter the game and have only new career...ok probably didn't connect to the save file somehow. Upload the old one to the cloud and then wait a day or two (since there is a 24h block to upload/download). Erase the new save data it created and download the one from the cloud to the console (weirdly enough the cloud save file changed to the date it was uploaded - dunno if normal on PS3 but on PS4 it keeps the original date - was a bit uncertain but still overwritten the file. Load the game again and nothing, same thing happened. 

Did something happen and the data file is incompatible with today's version of the game or just unlucky?

Also, where can you check earned badges and how far along you are for each one? And can these be done in Quick Play? Would be a bummer to do the entire career again just for these.

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Are you using the same copy of the game you did back then or are you using another one? I ask, because the saves aren't compatible between regions and they might not work if you are using the digital release or vice versa.

Hmm well it's definitely another copy of the game, both physical (first one was rented as I used to do at the time and this one bought 2nd hand) and they both should be EU. Different countries nonetheless but don't think it would go to that extreme. 

2 minutes ago, Rejim said:

Hmm well it's definitely another copy of the game, both physical (first one was rented as I used to do at the time and this one bought 2nd hand) and they both should be EU. Different countries nonetheless but don't think it would go to that extreme. 

It sounds to me like the seller gave you a copy from another region, what certificate is on the case? If it's anything other than PEGI, USK, ELSPA or the BBFC, it's not from Europe.

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It sounds to me like the seller gave you a copy from another region, what certificate is on the case? If it's anything other than PEGI, USK, ELSPA or the BBFC, it's not from Europe.

Says USK - also has written exclusively licensed to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. So definitely EU. Now as for the original there is no way I would recall and be 100% sure but I would find it bizarre that for that specific game they somehow ended up with another version of the game. I'll probably have to do it all other again, but was curious to try and find out what could have happened before investing the required time (hoping for a quick fix - although the date switch on the cloud data makes me think it's a lost cause anyways).

17 minutes ago, Rejim said:

Says USK - also has written exclusively licensed to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. So definitely EU. Now as for the original there is no way I would recall and be 100% sure but I would find it bizarre that for that specific game they somehow ended up with another version of the game. I'll probably have to do it all other again, but was curious to try and find out what could have happened before investing the required time (hoping for a quick fix - although the date switch on the cloud data makes me think it's a lost cause anyways).

The USK is the German Ratings Board so it's possible the German version isn't compatible with other releases of this game :(. Unfortunately, there are no legal ways to convert saves from one region to another, which means you will have to start over entirely from scratch if you don't figure out where your original copy came from and obtain another one from there :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The USK is the German Ratings Board so it's possible the German version isn't compatible with other releases of this game :(. Unfortunately, there are no legal ways to convert saves from one region to another, which means you will have to start over entirely from scratch if you don't figure out where your original copy came from and obtain another from there :(.

Ahh I see. Well thought so after the second fail but figured to try out here in the forums just in case. Don't mind it that much seeing the plat is still possible but thanks for your input! :)

I might still go to the local store and check if they have other copies just in case before doing so.

edit: curiously enough - went and checked and seems everything I own is USK 😅 both old games I kept and new ones I bought - and even more so I have a copy of NFS Hot Pursuit and that one did manage to retrieve the save data...might be just the one exception, weird things haha

Edited by Rejim