How to get the Master trophy + Tips for the game

It doesn't have the right description for it. In order to get it, you don't need to get a "maximum score," or 3-star wins for all 16 opponents. If that was the case, I wouldn't have bothered with this completion because it would be beyond frustrating. What you need is 3-star wins for 1 out of the 4 types of opponents in all the difficulties. And you also need to beat Carbon Fury, but you only need the 3-stars win for 1 of the Carbon Fury opponents. Naturally, I chose the one that I perceived as easier (same one I chose in the psvr1 version years ago) which is the 3rd one, but some people might prefer to pick the 1st one.

I have played this game's psvr1 version since 2020. I probably have 70 hours put into that one. That's why I completed this one so fast LOL. There's no magic here. My real number of hours to "100%" this crazy hard game isn't 4. It's 70+4 counting the psvr1 version.

TIPS/ADVICE:

- For new players that want to pass it all, my first advice is to take it easy. It will take a while to get good. And this game's opponents feel totally unfair at first (beginning with the 2nd one in plastic attack difficulty you will start to notice it). Patience and not getting frustrated easily are a must to pass this stuff. Retries will happen, even after you get good at it, because Gold Clash and Carbon Fury are unfair difficulties.

- My best advice is to return smashes by "touching them" back, instead of hitting them. Also, for the hardest opponents, throw your smashes to the center of their table in a straight line (whenever possible), to make it much harder for them to throw any of their "impossible smashes" to the borders of your table.

- Play around with table height, distance from you, etc. until you get the table settings that work best for you to score and to avoid missing.

- Use table color and a ball color that make it easier to notice and to see the ball's trajectory clearly, even during smashes. If necessary, pick a stage at night because those make it a little easier to not miss seeing the ball. I use the orange ball with the green table.

- In the settings, turn off the "cool animations" for smashes and spins. Those only get in the way of seeing the ball (especially with the difficult opponents).

- Grab the controller in a way that makes it easier for you to hit in different ways with accuracy (backhand, forehand, forward).

- Try to hit the ball back and throw smashes close to the net.

- Also, it doesn't always work, but if the opponent is on one edge of the table, it is a good idea to set up a diagonal smash to the other edge to force them to miss it.

- For the cheapest or most difficult opponents, it is easier to score by letting them miss their shots with their crazy smashes than by setting up complicated diagonal smashes yourself (that they will likely smash back at your face to score, lol). Thus, it is a better strategy with those to make it hard for them to do an impossible-to-return smash by throwing your smash to the center of their table (even if they won't miss hitting that, you might still score if their smash goes beyond your side of the table; the 3rd carbon fury opponent does that a lot, so this is a great strategy to beat him, just let him score the points for you with all the smashes he misses).

- For 3-star wins, especially for the 3-star win in carbon fury for the master trophy, restart the match if you don't win the 1st set with the opponent scoring LESS than 5 points against you. It is too hard to guarantee a 2nd set with very few points from the opponent. It can be done, but it is easier to pull off 4-5 than to manage 7-2 (in terms of points made by the opponent on you, per set). For a 3-stars win, the opponent can't score more than 9 points during the entire match. The game says it's 10, but that's wrong. It is 9 points max for 3-stars.

- If you get stuck in one opponent, use the practice mode to notice what to expect from that one, and to test if any of your strategies works better for that one or not.  

* If you just want a fun opponent and you don't care about trophies and wins, the best opponent in the entire game (most balanced, hard to beat, but still very enjoyable to play against because it's the only challenging one that doesn't throw cheap smashes constantly) is the 1st one in Carbon Fury. Unfortunately, to unlock that one you need to beat the 4th one in Gold Clash, which is at the same level as the cheap ones in carbon fury, and it is a totally unfair match (until you get good enough).

Edited by ValkerianCreator
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

I have achieved 3 stars for each difficulty, as well as 3 stars for 3 of 4 opponents on both carbon fury and gold clash, and the Master trophy doesn't unlock yet.

EDIT: so, i got the trophy, only after getting all stars, so 3 stars on each of the 16 opponents

Spoiler

Racket_Fury__Table_Tennis_VR_20231219193

So, I guess the trophy's true requirement is to indeed get all the stars, but it is usually glitched in a good way and pops earlier. It didn't for me, might be because I already had 3 stars on each difficulty before beating the final opponent? who knows, someone on Reddit had to get a total of 43 stars for the trophy with 2 stars at least against each opponent.

So if you are unlucky like me, you will need all stars... or maybe wipe your save and retry, you might be luckier.

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

EDIT: so, i got the trophy, only after getting all stars, so 3 stars on each of the 16 opponents

Reveal hidden contents

Racket_Fury__Table_Tennis_VR_20231219193

Same for me. I also had to get 3 stars on all opponents to get 'Master'.

OP played on another regional version than us, so maybe it's only glitched on that version?

I got the master trophy both times (on the North American psvr1 and psvr2 versions) with only one 3-stars win in Carbon Fury (with the 3rd opponent). I also had a quick chat with the guy who got it first for the psvr1 NA version, and he also got it without having to get more than one 3-stars win in Carbon Fury. My guess is that the true trigger is beating carbon fury and having 3-stars for at least one of the 4 opponents in all four difficulties. I had 3-stars for the 3rd opponent in all difficulties and had passed Madox too. It could be different for other versions, but only the people who coded how that trophy is given would know for sure. One thing is certain however: in the versions I played you don't need more than one 3-stars win in carbon fury to get it. You do need 3-stars for that opponent in all 4 difficulties though. I confirmed that in the psvr2 NA version, where I only got one 3-stars in Gold Clash and one in Carbon Fury, both for the 3rd robot.

Also, I hope you two consider (or already are) playing real table tennis at a real table tennis center in your region. Anyone who gets all 3-star wins in this game in a matter of days has the reflexes and the ability to be an awesome table tennis player for real. Woopa777 needs to go pro LOL ; p. There is a reason why I chose opponent 3 in carbon fury. The silver-blue guy and Madox were too hard for me to get 3-stars.

7 hours ago, ValkerianCreator said:

Also, I hope you two consider (or already are) playing real table tennis at a real table tennis center in your region. Anyone who gets all 3-star wins in this game in a matter of days has the reflexes and the ability to be an awesome table tennis player for real. Woopa777 needs to go pro LOL ; p. There is a reason why I chose opponent 3 in carbon fury. The silver-blue guy and Madox were too hard for me to get 3-stars.

I actually played table tennis at almost the highest level possible through my teenage years (20ish years ago) :P Was pleasantly surprised by how much this game actually feels like the real thing. Great game!

• Like 2