Umbral Ending bugged

Axeman_Phoenix

Hi Guys, Just wanted to know if anyone else is having this issue
On my first play-through decided to go for the umbral ending , managed to beat the boss and all that good stuff , went into mothers lull and headed to the platform with our glorious umbral overlord and during the cutscene the game goes out of its way and crashes , get back into the game and now the game will always crash when i either try to soulflay gerlinde  (or really just look at her) or when i managed to get pass the crash and reach the ending but the cutscene will not trigger, so i am softlocked at the moment from the ending.....
That said anyone else got this bug? Did anyone managed to get past this?
I have messed around with the graphics settings , even restoring to Defaults and the game looks somewhat choppy still nothing.

At this point im just getting the last of the armors from the mobs and hoping this gets fixed or there is a workaround.

I went for the Umbral ending first and followed the fextralife wiki step by step, only issue I had was I had to remove armor during the final stretch of the mother lulls platforms. It would just keep crashing otherwise. Hope they patch that up soon though. Didn’t have anything else that prevented me from completing that playthrough though.

I just got through with a platinum run and although there are frame rate dips at times (recent patches seemed to have helped) all trophies seem to work as intended -  I personally haven’t seen any game breaking bugs. Although I’ve played other games where I have had game breaking bugs where others haven’t. Hope it gets solved for you.

Edited by EVERJUICECRUMBS
Add more info
  • Like 1

@NoobSmogHello, i tried already removing everything including armor and weapons, even going to another world and removing the eyes from the umbral lantern, the game just hard crashes everytime the platform arrives on damarose or sometimes when i soulflay gerlinde.
Already looked around and also tried looking away from the path, looking down when the platform is moving and the game always packs up there.

24 minutes ago, Axeman_Phoenix said:

@NoobSmogHello, i tried already removing everything including armor and weapons, even going to another world and removing the eyes from the umbral lantern, the game just hard crashes everytime the platform arrives on damarose or sometimes when i soulflay gerlinde.
Already looked around and also tried looking away from the path, looking down when the platform is moving and the game always packs up there.

I had the same problem, it worked after i got on the Platform pulled myself 1 forward and then back again to the start after that just go one by one towards the 'ending' this should work.

• Like 1

@MaRo-1000 Hey bud, tried this a while ago and the game always hard crashed when reaching damarose anchor point , and when it didnt crash the ending would not trigger,  i even tried going all they way to the end and coming back to the beginning and when reaching damaroses anchor point the game crashed (while coming from the end to the beginning), at thins point i think something happened with the trigger related with the damarose anchor point
But thanks again for the tip, might try again all the tips with the recent update

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Ryudoz said:

2nd playthrough NG+0.
I also have Umbral crash.

Fixed Umbral ending.
Rotating camera backwards didn't work.
Unequip everything didn't work.

Both those combined with moving the platform 1 forward 1 back every step of the way did work.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is solution to Umbral Ending crash (latest update on 30.12.23) - this helped me (wearable was not a part of the problem for me).
If your game crash in Mothers Lull when you try to soulflay the platforms there is the solution:

1). When you enter Mothers Lull wait for 2 minutes before soulflay the first platform.

2). After every platform wait for 2 minutes.

3). When the final cutscene starts just skip it as fast as you can. (You can see it on YouTube it is less than 1 minute)

CREDITS: Same_Chemistry_1277

This helped me the first time! I had all the items on me, armor, weapons, etc. Taking them off didn't help. Just wait about 2 minutes before moving on (each platform!).

PS: My personal Game of the Year! Addictive mechanics, art and level design, fast gameplay, unusual Souls - less irritating (I don't like typical Souls). Even collecting all the items by myself (for the trophy) wasn't tiring, it's hard to explain, for me this game was simply IT!

Edited by Kessarath
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 5:37 AM, Kessarath said:

This is solution to Umbral Ending crash (latest update on 30.12.23) - this helped me (wearable was not a part of the problem for me).
If your game crash in Mothers Lull when you try to soulflay the platforms there is the solution:

1). When you enter Mothers Lull wait for 2 minutes before soulflay the first platform.

2). After every platform wait for 2 minutes.

3). When the final cutscene starts just skip it as fast as you can. (You can see it on YouTube it is less than 1 minute)

CREDITS: Same_Chemistry_1277

This helped me the first time! I had all the items on me, armor, weapons, etc. Taking them off didn't help. Just wait about 2 minutes before moving on (each platform!).

PS: My personal Game of the Year! Addictive mechanics, art and level design, fast gameplay, unusual Souls - less irritating (I don't like typical Souls). Even collecting all the items by myself (for the trophy) wasn't tiring, it's hard to explain, for me this game was simply IT!

Thanks! That did it for me.

• Like 1