Downtown 1 has some buggy quests

Snake2410

I just finished mission 3, Downtown (first visit), and ran into some potentially game breaking bugs.

First one is part of the last main objective, to find a specific place and enter it to locate someone, the square prompt to enter it was never there when I went to it.  I had to close the game, then after loading back up reload a save before my current save to fix it.

The second one is there is a sidequest involving a missing car.  When you enter the second location the quest leads you to, make sure to loot everything inside the first time in there.  Otherwise re-entering could possibly bug out and respawn all the items inside.  That sounds like it would be a great farming spot, but the issue is that the prompt on the door to exit is gone.  So you're then trapped inside.

The third isn't game breaking at all.  In the side quest where you need to take care of 6 minor crimes some of them can be buggy and respawn on you.  The quest stays complete in your quest list though. 

Edited by Snake2410

6 minutes ago, CouponCrusader said:

Weird only issue I had so far is the trophies all adds up and dead or alive not popping I had to reset my system then continue game for both of them to actually pop

How long were you playing without exiting the game completely when they failed to pop?

6 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

How long were you playing without exiting the game completely when they failed to pop?

I started playing few hours ago then once I got to mission 6 I stopped for a bit to start red dead redemption 2 did some online got some trophies on there then went back to Robocop as I pressed continue and game loaded they both popped so I have no idea is pretty weird as I didn’t know what they were until I checked the trophy guide from powerpyx 

6 hours ago, CouponCrusader said:

I started playing few hours ago then once I got to mission 6 I stopped for a bit to start red dead redemption 2 did some online got some trophies on there then went back to Robocop as I pressed continue and game loaded they both popped so I have no idea is pretty weird as I didn’t know what they were until I checked the trophy guide from powerpyx 

Reason I asked is because their previous game, Terminator, had some trophy issues where if you play for more than 5 - 6 hours without closing the game some of the trophies would fail to pop.  It was usually story trophies with that.  I've put more than that in on one session of this and never had any trophy issues so I don't know.

5 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Reason I asked is because their previous game, Terminator, had some trophy issues where if you play for more than 5 - 6 hours without closing the game some of the trophies would fail to pop.  It was usually story trophies with that.  I've put more than that in on one session of this and never had any trophy issues so I don't know.

Yeah I found it odd too but they’re story related trophies and they popped finally before I completed chapter 6 so it doesn’t look too weird but still an odd issue 

Adding to this.  Downtown (second visit) is buggy too. 

Mainly only the main mission for it if you decide to to a side mission involving entering a building.  During the mission you'll be asked to scan a picture, but for some the picture isn't scannable.  I didn't run into this bug, but one related. 

After scanning the picture it'll have you scan certain vehicles looking for a specific one.  If you scan them all and find the correct one.  Then instead of entering the building it tells you to you go and do a side mission that involved entering another building. 

It will potentially bug the main missions objective and force you to scan the vehicles again.  The issue is that if you've scanned them you can't scan them again.  Reloading a save from before scanning the first vehicle fixed it though.

Edited by Snake2410

1 hour ago, drsmirnoff said:

I'm having some issues with trophies not popping too.

I find that if I "resume activity" I have issues but if I start the game from the icon they pop when the game boots up.

Good game though, I'm having a blast!

IIRC resume activity caused issues with Terminator Resistance trophies popping too.  They clearly used a lot of the same coding elements and gameplay functionality for this game as they did that, so it'd be no surprise if the same issues that still has are present here.  That game works pretty well now, so I'd imagine they'll be able to fix this one pretty easily.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drsmirnoff said:

I'm having some issues with trophies not popping too.

I find that if I "resume activity" I have issues but if I start the game from the icon they pop when the game boots up.

Good game though, I'm having a blast!

Oh wow no wonder my chapter 4 trophies didn’t pop properly as that’s exactly what I did but once I just started game up normally everything popped like it should 

• Like 1

I just platinumed the game, no buggy trophies or major issues. Never 'resumed activity' through PS5 menu either just on/off the game.

On a few occasions I had a bug where the prompt/item wouldn't show or be otherwise un-interactable - reload checkpoint/load/game reset solved it every time.

Did nearly all the side missions to without game-breaking issues as well.