Question about the Vita trigger grips

MadEdders95

Hey folks, I recently just bought myself a PS Vita and have been looking at stuff to buy for it. I've read about the triggers which adds L2/R2 function which is useful for remote play on PS4 games. However, are there any major benefits for actually Vita games? Do they serve as an alternative to the touchpad etc? 

5 minutes ago, MadEdders95 said:

Hey folks, I recently just bought myself a PS Vita and have been looking at stuff to buy for it. I've read about the triggers which adds L2/R2 function which is useful for remote play on PS4 games. However, are there any major benefits for actually Vita games? Do they serve as an alternative to the touchpad etc? 

There are indeed, the triggers on Vita shells are very useful when trying to make quick inputs using the back touchscreen for certain games. On the other hand, the shell does cause some problems in games that utilize more of the Vita’s features, such as Little Deviants. I’d definitely recommend it for regular use in most Vita games, it’s a very handy feature. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

There are indeed, the triggers on Vita shells are very useful when trying to make quick inputs using the back touchscreen for certain games. On the other hand, the shell does cause some problems in games that utilize more of the Vita’s features, such as Little Deviants. I’d definitely recommend it for regular use in most Vita games, it’s a very handy feature. 

Cheers dude! I was playing Tearaway and I would definitely feel a lot more comfortable using buttons instead. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 2:25 PM, MadEdders95 said:

Cheers dude! I was playing Tearaway and I would definitely feel a lot more comfortable using buttons instead. 

I have these grips, while I use it a lot, the plastic they used is quite cheap and hinges broke after 2 months, some super glue fixed them up 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/374434428428?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=_mljphmwtuw&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=3d00HEj0SZW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JCP3953 said:

I have these grips, while I use it a lot, the plastic they used is quite cheap and hinges broke after 2 months, some super glue fixed them up 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/374434428428?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=_mljphmwtuw&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=3d00HEj0SZW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I bought pretty much the same ones! They don't lock properly but otherwise they've been doing the job. I agree though the plastic is really flimsy, you gotta be careful when opening it for the first time