Are some of the guides not up to date?

Ivotas

Hey guys, I'm getting a little confused while reading some guides (and to a lesser degree trophy discriptions) because some of the information doesn't seem accurate, which makes trophy hunting more difficult than necessary. So I hope somebody here is able to clarify things.

For example the Chaos Run Guide mentions that for the "My World is Fire" trophy I have to equip any of the items that guide lists. Now there's a few issues with this. 1) Of the 22 items the guide lists I don't have a single one, yet it mentions that it should be available with this DLC. Shouldn't I have any of those items now that all DLC are accessible or are the other requirements? 2) The trophy discription itself mentions something completely different from the guide. It says that I just have to equip the Flamethrower boost and win a 4v4 match. I've done this and unlocked the trophy already. So what is the guide so far off?

I know it's weird for me to ask this as I've already unlocked the trophy. But the reason why I'm asking this is because there's still a crapload of trophies that ask me to equip specific items and do various things then. And I don't have many of those items yet, most prominent would be the Thermal, Burnout or Nitrious Rocket boosts which are required for a main game trophy. So rather than me listing all the things here I don't have I'd rather ask for feedback to identify the problem. How come the information is off? And more importantly, where do I get all those items that I need for 100%? Can I earn them legit or do I have to use other means like purchasing them, respectively trade them with other players? Would be helpful if somebody could shine in some light on those subjects. Thanks in advance.

The Chaos Run guide mentions being last updated in December 2016, so it's pretty easy to tell which guides are and are not up to date. As far as why there's so much misinformation associated with Rocket League, the game has had as many content updates and changes to the way things work as GTA V. Things work so differently now, trading for example was a headache even back when I did it a few years ago. My account has thousands of items tied to it for being a legacy player but none are allowed to be traded for some reason, which made things much harder. I hope someone else can better answer some of your other questions but as far as inaccurate guide information, it comes down to the game being updated and changing so much.

Edited by kindajustin

17 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

The Chaos Run guide mentions being last updated in December 2016, so it's pretty easy to tell which guides are and are not up to date. As far as why there's so much misinformation associated with Rocket League, the game has had as many content updates and changes to the way things work as GTA V. Things work so differently now, trading for example was a headache even back when I did it a few years ago. My account has thousands of items tied to it for being a legacy player but none are allowed to be traded for some reason, which made things much harder. I hope someone else can better answer some of your other questions but as far as inaccurate guide information, it comes down to the game being updated and changing so much.

Yep, I saw that the guides were older but in many cases old guides still held up so I figured I'd just confirm to be sure. So thank you for clearing this up.

That raises new questions however. How does somebody figure out what to do to unlock some more confusing trophy requirements? I mean we can't possibly flood forums with personal questions each time one encounters a unclear trophy.

And finally, what about all those items that one doesn't one. I'm talking about items like the Nitrious boost and whatnot. Can that be obtained via gameplay or is trading the only way to get those items. Because if it's the latter then 'Swap Meet' will not be the only trophy that will be rendered unobtainable after trading gets disabled.

Edited by Ivotas

13 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

And finally, what about all those items that one doesn't one. I'm talking about items like the Nitrious boost and whatnot. Can that be obtained via gameplay or is trading the only way to get those items. Because if it's the latter then 'Swap Meet' will not be the only trophy that will be rendered unobtainable after trading gets disabled.

All the items can be obtain via gameplay (random drops/loot crates/item shop or via trade. Obviously it’s more easier to just trade for it than pray for the rng gods to give it to you.

I suggest you ignore the guides as most of them are pretty outdated, the trophy description is pretty self explanatory here.

Edited by U_mad_bro7778

39 minutes ago, U_mad_bro7778 said:

All the items can be obtain via gameplay (random drops/loot crates/item shop or via trade. Obviously it’s more easier to just trade for it than pray for the rng gods to give it to you.

I see. Well at least it's not impossible after the trade get's disabled. Though it's definitely easier. I'm more worried though about Epic putting a paywall behind such essential items. I mean why else would you close the trade feature down for?

39 minutes ago, U_mad_bro7778 said:

I suggest you ignore the guides as most of them are pretty outdated, the trophy description is pretty self explanatory here.

I usually try to go with that. But some of the trophies were said to be obtainable via Exhibition mode so I was wondering if that was impossible too or not.^^'