Connectivity Issues on PS5

viech54

I'm playing the PS4 version on PS5.

It takes many attempts to join a quest/lobby or to post my own quest when playing online.

Error code: mr-131-8055341b-0

Google sadly didn't tell me anything I didn't already try (restart console/router, delete game and download again, port forwarding, don't use appear offline, ...). All of that did not improve the situation.

MH Rise is the only game with this issue for me. It works fine once I joined a quest, but joining takes forever.

Any ideas what to do?

I don't want to enable NAT type 1 for PS5. I have NAT type 2, that's normally good enough for online gaming.

• 4 months later...

@viech54 & @Abysswalker116

Not sure if you still try to so this, but i did find a solution which makes my whole PS5 experience better, not only for Monster Hunter. I Faced the same issue with a friend right now. I was looking into the issue without much luck in the beginning but it started after i moved and got a new Internet Provider. I saw that my psn network wasnt connecting at all. I did find a solution on reddit which worked like a charm for me and my friend. 

I guess most people are using the default settings via connecting there WLAN to their PS5. I configured my WLAN different from the DNS ports in the network settings. As primary I use now 8.8.4.4 and as secondary I use now 8.8.8.8 . Seems like this are the Google DNS Servers which work fantastic, with automatically choosen DNS settings it will prefer your Internet Provider DNS settings which are completly garbage on my end. After changing i was able to to play without a problem with my friend.

In addition this solved my Problem with long ps+ cloud upload and download times and with connecting to a friend in a ps voice Party. Maybe this will also solve your problem.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Inuty said:

@viech54 & @Abysswalker116

Not sure if you still try to so this, but i did find a solution which makes my whole PS5 experience better, not only for Monster Hunter. I Faced the same issue with a friend right now. I was looking into the issue without much luck in the beginning but it started after i moved and got a new Internet Provider. I saw that my psn network wasnt connecting at all. I did find a solution on reddit which worked like a charm for me and my friend. 

I guess most people are using the default settings via connecting there WLAN to their PS5. I configured my WLAN different from the DNS ports in the network settings. As primary I use now 8.8.4.4 and as secondary I use now 8.8.8.8 . Seems like this are the Google DNS Servers which work fantastic, with automatically choosen DNS settings it will prefer your Internet Provider DNS settings which are completly garbage on my end. After changing i was able to to play without a problem with my friend.

In addition this solved my Problem with long ps+ cloud upload and download times and with connecting to a friend in a ps voice Party. Maybe this will also solve your problem.

I'm no longer trying to figure it out, got all trophies a few months ago. I got it to work eventually and I arrived at the same solution you did. Changing the DNS is the way to go for this.

• Like 1