Kakujin Bugged in Skyrest, here's solution

nervouschain

Thanks to SoulsNexus from Reddit

Apparently not talking to her at all after hushed saint seems to do the trick, just try to forget about her and not check to see if she has moved too often. After Tancred boss and cleansing his beacon she should be gone.

Btw this was my order of SoulsNexus colossal bosses.

1. Pieta

2. Congregator of flesh

3. Hushed saint (cleansed the beacon) > Die and summon Kakujin
    Move on and Kill the Next colossal boss without Dying (If you die in first go it seems Bugged)

4. Spurned Prodgeny

5. Harrower Dervla (Cleansed the beacon in upper calrath and opened shortcut to skyrest after her)

6. Hollowed Crow (Cleansed beacon)

7. Tancred (Cleansed Beacon)

After these exact steps, she was gone from skyrest. Went back through the shortcut from skyrest to upper calrath and she was there.

4 hours ago, Metabolic-V said:

So If I followed her quest up to Tancred, paying as normal before then forgot to pay her after him I need ANOTHER playthrough just for this boss? This f'in game man, they will patch a vigor farm in a half hour but leave crap like this in there. 

One is design, one is an exploit. How do you remember for 5 bosses, forget the 6th and then blame the game. I do feel for you that you forgot but it's not the games fault.
I'm working on the same quest right now, so watch me forget in 2 days ;)

On 11/15/2023 at 5:12 PM, Ryudoz said:

One is design, one is an exploit. How do you remember for 5 bosses, forget the 6th and then blame the game. I do feel for you that you forgot but it's not the games fault.
I'm working on the same quest right now, so watch me forget in 2 days ;)

It's not that I forgot, I don't care about that, it's the fact that she bugs out and stays in Skyrest unless you follow the exact method in the original post. I had 2 playthroughs left, one to do the quest and one to fight her as a boss. Failing the quest should have just meant that I could fight her this playthrough. 

But she just bugged out and sat in her little room and never went to UC so I could fight her. Pretty sure that is not as designed. 

There's another solution which worked for me personally

1, Die in Tutorial boss ( Lightreaper I mean)

2. Go straight to Kakujin, Free Her

3. Talk to her in Skyrim and exhaust here dialogue

4. Don't summon her, Kill Hushed Saint alone.> Cleanse Tower

5. Run to Kill Spurned Progony. 

5a. Run To the Depths Checkpoint where Byron is standing. Teleport to skyrest to get the key for Chill Level.

6 Then go to Chill Level and get the checkpoint. (In front of Hallowed Crow)

7. Die to the boss > Hallowed Crow

7. Summon kakujin and Kill Hallowed Crow (Now this is important)

After you kill the boss, Don't Rest or Teleport. Run Straight to the Lightreaper (Don't Cleanse Tower)

Kill the Lightreaper without dying . (Make sure to backup save in case you die)

8. Then Teleport to Depths where Byron was standing and Run throught it and kill Skinstealer and go up to Upper Calrath.

9. Run to the back of Upper Calrath  where you would open shortcut to Skyrest and KAKUJIN will attack you.

Proven method worked for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 5:26 PM, Metabolic-V said:

It's not that I forgot, I don't care about that, it's the fact that she bugs out and stays in Skyrest unless you follow the exact method in the original post. I had 2 playthroughs left, one to do the quest and one to fight her as a boss. Failing the quest should have just meant that I could fight her this playthrough. 

But she just bugged out and sat in her little room and never went to UC so I could fight her. Pretty sure that is not as designed. 

forgot about our convo as predicted. I'm about to start the Tower and realized she won't come out of her cell and I accidentally just talked to her.
hopefully I can find another fix.

This was something I had trouble with as well across my 3 playthroughs but found a Steam forum post with a fix that worked for me. 

1. Do not beat the Lightreaper on the first attempt (tutorial boss)

2. Free Kukajin in Forsaken Fen

3. Talk to her at Skyrest Bridge

4. Summon her for The Hollowed Crow fight (I summoned her for prior boss fights, paid her and no issues. Just make sure she is paid so she can be summoned for the Crow fight)

5. After beating The Hollowed Crow boss IMMEDIATELY go and fight The Lightreaper without resting and make sure you win this fight (may want to upload save to cloud if uncertain you'll win)

6. Fast travel to Skyrest Bridge and enroute to Upper Calrath you will notice Kukajin is no longer in her place

7. Entering Upper Calrath (where the skinreaper roams) via path from Skyrest Bridge will trigger the boss fight for Kukajin

Happy coincidence but beating Kukajin popped the 'None Shall be Spared (all bosses)' trophy even though I still had yet to beat Elianne The Starved.

Hope this helps :) 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 6:53 PM, gameoverjelly said:

Happy coincidence but beating Kukajin popped the 'None Shall be Spared (all bosses)' trophy even though I still had yet to beat Elianne The Starved.

I've got just Kukajin, Sophesia, and Elianne (maybe not?) to go for NSBS. Someone else has gotten it without Elianne on the PC version... they still had not even started an Umbral journey.

Another boss trophy, Shared Triumph (defeat a boss in co-op) didn't show for me after I helped someone beat Adyr, but it did come up after a later co-op against Tancred & Reinhold. Could this be related, since Adyr is another end boss?

On 12/10/2023 at 6:30 PM, aqz_ka0s said:

Yeh, for me what worked was:

summon kukajin and beat hushed saint with her
go back to skyrest, pay her once to get the invoice
go kill another main boss (hollowed crow) without dying
go back to skyrest, she should be gone to upper calrath

With the recent patch I was able to fight her after summoning her for the hushed saint fight and not paying. I didn't have to summon her for any other fight or worry about not dying (I may have not died anyway since this was my 4th playthrough and I was very overleveled from all of the item farming 😅).  She was there waiting for me in upper area after taking the big elevator on the way back to skyrest bridge. 

Edited by thabg23

I haven't had any issues triggering the Kukajin fight just now. Sounds to me like it may well have been fixed.

1) Beckoned her against The Hushed Saint.

2) Never even talked to her again.

3) Fought the Hollowed Crow alone.

4) Came back to Skyrest right after HC kicked the bucket... Kukajin had hit the road.

5) Time for Harrower Dervla. First, I died on purpose to see who I'd be able to choose. Kukajin was not there- only Damarose (because I'm going for Adyr ending) and Pieta.

And later in Upper Calrath, voila. One more down.