Frequent crashes on PS5

RoflLolly

Hey Guys,

just a little heads up for those who attempt to go for the platinum on their PS5.

I achieved the platinum yesterday after lots of frustration in the final hours. After about 10 hours total playtime the game started occasionally freezing and consequently crashing. Those crashes started to get more frequent the longer I played (not actually playing many hours at once but multiple sessions over several days).

The game would most of the time freeze in the loading screen when fast travelling or right before/after cutscenes, forcing me to close the application and restart the game. Restarting the system or taking a longer break with the console shut down did not help at all.

In the last few hours, while doing clean up work for the "all skills unlocked" trophy, the game would crash every 15-30 minutes as I had to fast travel a lot for the remaining side quests and last part of the story. A total of at least 30 crashes in ~25 hours of playtime with about 20 of those crashes in the last 5 hours.

So for the people who get annoyed by this (especially as the game is part of PS+extra), just be warned and consider doing all of the story first as I had to redo the final boss 3 times because the game kept freezing before the cutscene right after.

I don't know if this is a problem for everyone but there are multiple posts on Reddit in case someone needs further confirmation.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I just bought this game, so YAY! The one of the 2 FC games that don't have the money grabbing DLC pile attached to it...

I wonder if the trick with setting the console to 1080p or lower and turning off HDR works with this game like it did with life is strange true colors' and Lake's PS4 versions when played on PS5. If anyone tests this and it stops crashing, please reply here, otherwise I'd just sell the game because I am afraid of starting it, and having to deal with the crashes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happens to me several times, mostly during loadings (when you fast travel somewhere on the map). 

I strongly advise you to do manual saves on a regular basis, even though your progression shouldn't be lost when your game crashes. When this happens, you will always respawn at the nearest outpost. 

Doesn't change the fact that this game is awesome, might be the best Far Cry in my opinion. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Turn off the autosave autoupload from the PS5 settings. It's enough if you turn it off only for this title, and the freezes will stop. It's working for me!

Update: I played a few hours and unfortunately the freeze after random fast travel is still present. But it's not as frequent for me, and only happening after fast travelling. 

Edited by grassware
  • Like 2