Need Arabic PSN account help

Ivotas

I've been considering to create an Arabic PSN account lately but I'm a bit unclear about a few things. That's why I was hoping that somebody could maybe provide me with some helpful information on the questions below.

Do games purchased on the Arabic PSN store have an English audio and text option (like games from the HK store) or are they exclusively in Arabic?

Are there any easy to follow guides on how to set up an Arabic PSN account? It doesn't need to be in English as long as it's easy to follow.

That's my two questions. I'm aware that there are at least two types of Arabic PSN accounts (Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates). I'm sure there's more but in terms of adding funds to the account via PSN card those two I could find. So my questions above would count for either of the no matter if they are similar or vastly different.

Since I speak no Arabic at all the language barrier is huge which is why feedback would be greatly appreciated.

1- Do games purchased on the Arabic PSN store have an English audio and text option (like games from the HK store) or are they exclusively in Arabic? 

Yes, there is an English language + English audio with text option.

2- Are there any easy to follow guides on how to set up an Arabic PSN account? It doesn't need to be in English as long as it's easy to follow.

Yes, You can use the account in the English language also with the store you don't need the Arabic language.

I speak Arabic language I can help you anytime you want.

Edited by Eisnr
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, the_sultan999 said:

on top of eisnr's answer i'd like to say i highly suggest you make a UAE account because saudi's ps store is sometimes more expensive and there are a TON of restricted games for no reason

Yeah, it's true but some of the games in UAE also restricted but it's different games. 

• Like 1

My account is Kuwaiti so just create the account like any account, choose english and you're good to go but of course you'd need an actual address, i'm not sure which country to choose.

And yes all games got english audio, i for one choose the english.

15 minutes ago, Eisnr said:

Yeah, it's true but some of the games in UAE also restricted but it's different games. 

Kuwait psn account is no better unfortunately, a lot of restricted games and some stuff are ridiculously overpriced. 

• Like 1

I suppose I have to ask the obvious question; why do you want an Arabic account if you don't speak Arabic?  I'd imagine there would be far more restrictions and disadvantages than in other stores...

Also someone can correct me if I'm wrong but games just aren't typically (or ever) localised into Arabic.  I don't remember ever seeing it in the language list for any title.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WakeUpHP said:

I suppose I have to ask the obvious question; why do you want an Arabic account if you don't speak Arabic?  I'd imagine there would be far more restrictions and disadvantages than in other stores...

Also someone can correct me if I'm wrong but games just aren't typically (or ever) localised into Arabic.  I don't remember ever seeing it in the language list for any title.

Unfortunately, what you say is true, but some popular games have some audio and text translated into Arabic. I think he wants to earn plat for other versions game.

• Like 1

Wow, guys! That's some amazing feedback you have given me here. A lot more than I expected and it definitely helps out. I hope you excuse me if I reply to you without quoting specific parts as that would make this post a chore to read threw.

First off all thanks to @Eisnr, @the_sultan999 and @Great_MazingerZ for the confirmation that English audio and text is available. That is very good to know. About the several differences between the several storefronts, that's not an issue because I could create accounts for both regions if need be. Speaking about a Kuwait account. What kind of PSN card would charge funds there? At PlayAsia I can find cards for Saudi Arabia and for the United Arab Emirates but nothing for Kuwait. Just curious.

Also thanks a bunch for the offer to provide help if I need any. I would definitely come back for that when I have the time to set up an this weekend. For now I have just one question. As you guys mentioned, the address might prove problematic so I just wanted to ask you remember what exactly the system is asking you when setting up an account. I know for example that when I created a HK account I only really just needed to give the name of the city and that was it. Any idea if any of the Arabic accounts you mentioned require more detailed info? Because if yes, I will have to figure out what info to provide.

As far as @WakeUpHP's question is concerned, I thought it was obvious that when I'm inquiring whether there is an English audio/text option, that I would preferably chose English if I could rather than Arabic which I not understand. But even if not, is it so unheard of that someone plays a game from a region they don't understand the language? There has been thousands of gamers who played OG JRPGs without speaking a single word Japanese so it's not like this is an unthinkable scenario.

As far as I am concerned, I just like having more option. I recently created a HK account, after already having an US alt and my German main. And I'm so happy I did this because there's always the odd game that is available only at one of those regions. I mean why would I go to ebay and pay ridiculous prices for a (maybe not even properly working) game I'm looking for if I could get it from an official store for the regular price? I know it's bothersome to create and overview several accounts at the beginning. But believe me, it is so worth it if you suddenly find what you thought was out of reach forever.

• Like 1

I understand why people from other regions would want an account with access to the HK store, or the JP, US, EU store, since each region has titles/DLC that aren't available elsewhere.  I was just curious why you wanted a Saudi/UAE account specifically though?  Do you know of anything on those stores that isn't available anywhere else or do you simply want to check them out to see if you find anything?

Edited by WakeUpHP
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, WakeUpHP said:

I understand why people from other reasons would want an account with access to the HK store, or the JP, US, EU store, since each region has titles/DLC that aren't available elsewhere.  I was just curious why you wanted a Saudi/UAE account specifically though?  Do you know of anything on those stores that isn't available anywhere else or do you simply want to check them out to see if you find anything?

The latter actually. I'm just super curious. On top of that with all the moves Sony pulled lately I just prefer to have more places to go to. Sorry if I made you think that I have info on a game that might interest you. 😖

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Wow, guys! That's some amazing feedback you have given me here. A lot more than I expected and it definitely helps out. I hope you excuse me if I reply to you without quoting specific parts as that would make this post a chore to read threw.

First off all thanks to @Eisnr, @the_sultan999 and @Great_MazingerZ for the confirmation that English audio and text is available. That is very good to know. About the several differences between the several storefronts, that's not an issue because I could create accounts for both regions if need be. Speaking about a Kuwait account. What kind of PSN card would charge funds there? At PlayAsia I can find cards for Saudi Arabia and for the United Arab Emirates but nothing for Kuwait. Just curious.

Also thanks a bunch for the offer to provide help if I need any. I would definitely come back for that when I have the time to set up an this weekend. For now I have just one question. As you guys mentioned, the address might prove problematic so I just wanted to ask you remember what exactly the system is asking you when setting up an account. I know for example that when I created a HK account I only really just needed to give the name of the city and that was it. Any idea if any of the Arabic accounts you mentioned require more detailed info? Because if yes, I will have to figure out what info to provide.

As far as @WakeUpHP's question is concerned, I thought it was obvious that when I'm inquiring whether there is an English audio/text option, that I would preferably chose English if I could rather than Arabic which I not understand. But even if not, is it so unheard of that someone plays a game from a region they don't understand the language? There has been thousands of gamers who played OG JRPGs without speaking a single word Japanese so it's not like this is an unthinkable scenario.

As far as I am concerned, I just like having more option. I recently created a HK account, after already having an US alt and my German main. And I'm so happy I did this because there's always the odd game that is available only at one of those regions. I mean why would I go to ebay and pay ridiculous prices for a (maybe not even properly working) game I'm looking for if I could get it from an official store for the regular price? I know it's bothersome to create and overview several accounts at the beginning. But believe me, it is so worth it if you suddenly find what you thought was out of reach forever.

I think is better to purchase PSN cards from G2A, because there are many traders and you can filter to the cheapest one to buy it. Also, you can buy cards PSN from Amazon.sa but I think is expensive like PlayAsia.

Edited by Eisnr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eisnr said:

I think is better to purchase PSN cards from G2A, because there are many traders and you can filter to the cheapest one to buy it. Also, you can buy cards PSN from Amazon.sa but I think is expensive like PlayAsia.

Thank you very much. I never even heard about G2A.😅 I'll gladly check the site out. Again, your feedback is much appreciated.^^

10 hours ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

@Ivotas as for me i always pay from my credit card because i live there so it's easy, i don't need cards but i can show you a website that sells psn cards, not sure if it's allowed to share such things on this website.

Thank you very much for the offer mate. That's much appreciated as I would never trust Sony with my credit card information. I don't know if sharing such links is ok but I'm sure it should be fine if you send it to me via PM. It shouldn't be against forum rules I personally say that I'm ok with you reaching out to me.^^

On 11/22/2023 at 8:01 PM, Eisnr said:

I use G2A it's by far the best.

Edited by MrShovelware
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MrShovelware said:

I use G2A it's by far the best.

Thanks mate. I guess I really will have to check out G2A then since this is now the second time it gets mentioned. That's very good to know.

In other news, I just successfully managed to set up an Arabic account. Went with the UAE version first. Will try the others at a later point to. Thank you very much everyone. Could follow through with this because of all the fantastic feedback here.^^