Top Ace Trophy (Easier Way) Dark Void DLC

servus99

Hi there,

After being absolutely devastated because of this stupid trophy, I would like to share some tips for future players:

I am not good at dog fight piloting stuff, and since the controls on this were very bad, it was even worse for me. The strategy to make it easier is as follows.

• Pick Low Tech, and Legend (10x upgrade costs, and No Allies)
  • this means you will get a 4x multiplier at the end, so you need to get 1,125,000 base score
  • Always use the Change-direction input (R3, then both sticks downward), when you get shot from behind
  • Try to get jetpack upgrades a.s.a.p. (for me it was minigun damage after round 4, the rocket one only after round7)
  • Play until wave 7, kill one of the enemy ships, and farm the mines that the other two ships drop (I did this for 20-30 minutes)
  • you will have around 1,000,000 base score and a multiplier of 150 or so at the end of round 7, this is more than enough
  • upgrade the Tesla Gun fully as well, you will have more than enough credits
  • Finish the rest of the waves (in wave10, I killed the UFOs first, but it may be better to focus on the ground bug enemies first)
  • Always use the Tesla gun on the Bug ground enemies, shoot them in the neck after destroying the knees (dont do QTE)
  • A run like this takes 50-60 Minutes

Here is a video if you like to watch (watch in 1.5x speed and skip round 7 so I wont be too long to watch).

Hope this helps.

I messed multiple runs due to one hit deaths flying into rocks/walls. So I recommend you dont boost when near walls or rocks.

What a bad trophy! 🤬

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you are wondering, the other mission/score in this dlc is easy (just kill the slugs on the ground to prevent console freezes and fps drops). Iirc I played LowTech+Legend for that too.

Edited by servus99
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

DLC “Survivor Missions” can be purchased in the Turkish PS Store for 18 TL and is easily compatible with the European disc version BLES 00723. After installing the DLC, the Survivor Missions option should appear in the main menu of the game with two maps “Battle of Ghen Crag” and "Abyss Canyon".

• Like 1