PS4 Controller Connection Issue

Playzocker1988

Hello!

For a week months my PS4 controllers have insane difficulty connecting. I don't know if thats because I've been using the PS4 very rarely during that time or wether I also have a PS5 now (in rest mode) and the controllers "get confused"...

So here's what (doesn't) happen:

If I press the PS button on the controller it starts blinking but doesn't turn on the PS4.

If I turn on the PS4 on the console directly and then press the PS button on the controller, it doesn't connect.

If I reset the controller using the small hole on the back, connect it to the PS4 with an assortment of cables (including the original one from Sony that came with the console) and then press the PS button ... again it only starts blinking but doesn't connect.

And now here's the fun part: I own 2 controllers, purchased years apart and differenz builds (one that came with the console and then one with the lightbar on top of the touchpad / both original Sony ones, of course) and this happens with both of them!

In the past I sometimes got one to connect after a long streak of turning things off/on, resetting, connecting etc. but it didn't work now and I'm sure there has got to be a permanent solution.

I think we can exclude the controllers as culprits because it happens to two independent controllers and the last time I used them on the PS5 they worked instantly (but have been reset after that countless times and also worked on the PS4 last) ... but is there a way to check whether the Bluetooth on the PS4 is broken or whether there's some interference ... I can't be the only one with this issue and I'm thankful for any advice!

I had the same happen on my PS3 about two years ago, turned out it was the warning signs of the WiFi module used for both WLAN and Blutooth dying.

The PS3 is now wired for both controllers and online. Turns out, that is rather common with old PS3s and if Sony did not fix it with the PS4, this is a probable cause.

Maybe try to connect some Blutooth speakers to check if the Blutooth is still working? Or try to connect your phone?

Edited by shadaik
  • Like 2