Hours needed to platinum?

37 minutes ago, JokerTen said:

The trophy guide mentions 500+ hours needed to get this platinum, is that still true in this day and age? Or has it become a quicker grind over the years?

I wouldn't say it's anywhere near 500 hours... Technically. 

I'm sitting at 200 hours with only 3 trophies left 10k enemies (at 9100), 1000 fates (at 550), 1000 levequests (at 550).

The problem with this plat is that the levequests are time gated. 

You can only complete a maximum of 6 every 24 hours. 

So it will technically take months to actually get the plat, but once you're at the stage I'm at, you only need to spend a 30 odd mins a day doing the levequests and fates. 

53 minutes ago, JEDI_X_WING said:

can i ask if i down load ps4/5 is it just the same trophy list as i can play this on ps3 any more 

The PS4 and PS5 lists are different, if you want to start go for the PS4 list first as it is more manageable. And no, the PS3 support for the game has long ended many years ago.

The trophy guide's original estimate is way off these days. I knocked out the PS4 version of FFXIV in 2019, and it took me 214 hours and 3 minutes. It's even easier if you have a friend or two that is super familiar with the game. "Seeker of Truth" (clear the Binding Coil) is probably the "hardest" trophy to do without a group, but with the right people at this point, it's a cakewalk. "An Adventurer's Life" was also a pain as there is (or at least was) a levequest allowance that made the process take a lot longer than it otherwise would have without that limitation. Every other trophy is pretty straightforward. Grindy, but not nearly 500 hours grindy. 

20 minutes ago, Unlucky_Thir13en said:

The trophy guide's original estimate is way off these days. I knocked out the PS4 version of FFXIV in 2019, and it took me 214 hours and 3 minutes. It's even easier if you have a friend or two that is super familiar with the game. "Seeker of Truth" (clear the Binding Coil) is probably the "hardest" trophy to do without a group, but with the right people at this point, it's a cakewalk. "An Adventurer's Life" was also a pain as there is (or at least was) a levequest allowance that made the process take a lot longer than it otherwise would have without that limitation. Every other trophy is pretty straightforward. Grindy, but not nearly 500 hours grindy. 

I cleared the binding coil solo whilst in the high 60's as a red mage with no problem whatsoever. 

Went in completely blind too.

Was honestly expecting to need to be a much higher level in order to solo. 

Can be made even easier if you wait out the enrage timer on Twintania by just outhealibg it's attacks. 

Once it enrages all of the fights mechanics go out the window. 

Also the Levequest allowance still very much exists. 

Edited by Azure Kite

1 hour ago, Fuuzect98 said:

Can agree on the above average for the ps4 version as I am closing in on the requirements on pc within the same timeframe.

Wondering what you can say about the ps5 version, both main game and dlcs?

Main game means you have to go all the way to Shadowbringers, do more fates...etc. Maybe 300~400 hours?! (Unless you buy story skips)

As for the DLCs... you don't want to know... trust me...

On 11/27/2023 at 12:27 AM, Azure Kite said:

So it will technically take months to actually get the plat, but once you're at the stage I'm at, you only need to spend a 30 odd mins a day doing the levequests and fates. 

It takes even less, way less, if you do that one levequest on the guide on repeat. A few seconds each one.

On 12/2/2023 at 1:35 AM, FulgidoLucio said:

It takes even less, way less, if you do that one levequest on the guide on repeat. A few seconds each one.

That's the levequest I use. 

I was being generous with the time spent each day to allow for the fates also. 

Which not everyone wants to kill the 2 bosses in the mines over and over again. 

Edited by Azure Kite

On 12/3/2023 at 4:17 PM, Azure Kite said:

That's the levequest I use. 

I was being generous with the time spent each day to allow for the fates also. 

Which not everyone wants to kill the 2 bosses in the mines over and over again. 

The guide says it should be doable at level 50, but... no... 😅 I think Blue Mage's Doom is required, so those two FATEs in the kobold mines don't seem doable before completing the main quest (meaning not before unlocking Blue Mage).

7 hours ago, FulgidoLucio said:

The guide says it should be doable at level 50, but... no... 😅 I think Blue Mage's Doom is required, so those two FATEs in the kobold mines don't seem doable before completing the main quest (meaning not before unlocking Blue Mage).

Oh those 2 boss fates are very much doable without the blue mage. 

They're just not time efficient. 

I myself haven't bothered to level a blue mage. 

I've been doing fates in middle la noscea. 

Doing different fates kinda helps with the monotony of it.