Does difficulty matter?

SirkSirk

The trophy guide says: "Even if a quest requires completing the song on a different level, play through the song on your chosen difficulty, then replay it for the quest. This will save both grinding time and knowing which songs are left at a glance for Silver Ultimate Rhythmist."

But I don't see any reason in any of the trophies that mention why I would want to clear every song on the same difficulty. Am I missing something?

Edited by SirkSirk

2 minutes ago, SirkSirk said:

The trophy guide says: "Even if a quest requires completing the song on a different level, play through the song on your chosen difficulty, then replay it for the quest. This will save both grinding time and knowing which songs are left at a glance for Silver Ultimate Rhythmist."

But I don't see any reason in any of the trophies that mention difficulty why I would want to clear every song on the same difficulty. Am I missing something?

Some of the song quests requires you to beat it on a specific difficulty. If you don't do it in that difficulty you won't complete the song, so you won't get the      Complete Harmony trophy

Edited by oYazmat

22 minutes ago, SirkSirk said:

But I don't see any reason in any of the trophies that mention why I would want to clear every song on the same difficulty. Am I missing something?

No, you're not missing anything. There's no reason to complete every song on the same difficulty. You can use whatever difficulty you want for each song (using different difficulties for different songs, if you like), as long as you do the quest-related difficulty when required.

Edited by NathanielJohn

43 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

No, you're not missing anything. There's no reason to complete every song on the same difficulty. You can use whatever difficulty you want for each song (using different difficulties for different songs, if you like), as long as you do the quest-related difficulty when required.

Thank god 🙈 I was not so sure about this game’s plat after watching a battle track on the highest difficulty (was either Blinded by Light or Saber’s Edge). Final Bar Line’s highest difficulty seems way harder than Ultimate Score on the 3DS Theatrhythm game (FF7 battle theme was the only base game song I could not perfect chain on ultimate score 🤬 due to the last few notes).