RE2 First Run vs Second Run

Dreakon13

So I haven't played RE2 since I completed the first run for Leon back in 2019.  Got a sudden urge to pick it up again, and since my saves were in the cloud it seemed fitting that I finally play the second run for Claire.  I noticed it's speeding through the intro, and since it's been so long since I played it last I'm starting to think I'd enjoy playing Claire's first run more and treating it like a brand new playthrough.

I'm relatively aware of some differences between the first and second runs.  I'm not totally concerned about missing the "true ending" (I can always YouTube it), but as far as the Claire specific story content goes, is there a big difference between Claire's first and second run?  Other than maybe the very beginning and the very end?  Would I miss out on anything in the middle by playing Claire's first run instead?

EDIT: Feel free to chime in if you want, but I'm going to do Claire's first run.  I'm looking more for the fresh new playthrough, since that's really what this is.  Everything I'm reading suggests the story plays out the same aside from the continued ending so I'm not missing anything Claire-specific, and the hectic pacing of the second run makes me think it's not meant to played 4 years after the first run.

Edited by Dreakon13

• 3 months later...

Story-wise the only differences are at the beginning, the end, and some minor changes in the police station (you may not meet certain characters, you’ll be on the opposite side of a fence during a cutscene, etc.) Unfortunately it seems like once you get to the sewers it’s the exact same story beats as the A run. The bigger differences are in the puzzle solutions, enemy placements, and when and where Mr. X appears. I really liked the perspective shift that they started doing in the police station cutscenes with the B run, it’s a bummer it doesn’t carry throughout the rest of the game. Although, I suppose it makes sense because Claire and Leon don’t really cross paths for much of the latter portions of the game. 

• Like 1