Am I missing something ?

RayIshimura

So I'm struggling with this game, it could be a lack of skill or just me not getting some game mechanics but lots of people seem to get the hang of this game quickly.

What I mean by that is that most people get both the poles and win trophies first, which are supposed to be the harder ones and I want to know what I'm missing because it's quite frustrating. So if there is a trick to get better/more proficient at getting wins and poles or some way to boost this please share it with people or at least start giving the wins to other people, too often have I played with people (mostly from brazil) who already have 100+ wins and act as do beating people 5 skill levels below them is some sort of accomplishment.

That's all, have a good one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RayIshimura said:

So I'm struggling with this game, it could be a lack of skill or just me not getting some game mechanics but lots of people seem to get the hang of this game quickly.

What I mean by that is that most people get both the poles and win trophies first, which are supposed to be the harder ones and I want to know what I'm missing because it's quite frustrating. So if there is a trick to get better/more proficient at getting wins and poles or some way to boost this please share it with people or at least start giving the wins to other people, too often have I played with people (mostly from brazil) who already have 100+ wins and act as do beating people 5 skill levels below them is some sort of accomplishment.

People either win by getting better at the game or by grouping up with others to trade wins while wrecking people who are not part of their group. I’m not a big fan of the latter group of boosters. 

• Like 2

While the race is still available, race on Monza using the Bugatti Veyron. Set traction control to zero and use manual transmission. Learn what gear to be in for each corner. (There are daily race guides on Youtube to help you learn the track) Practice, practice, practice, until you are fast and have a good lap time (mine was 1:55.231). I also used the camera angle where the camera is above the windscreen of the car, but this is personal preference. Use the radar to see where cars are in relation to you. I found that it was better to try and race clean, as most of the people around you (i.e. other fast players) will respect you more if you race cleanly. At the end of the day, if you race dirtily and smash into people, they will do the same to you. Once you have a good lap time that can get you onto pole, it's just a matter of entering as many races as possible, and perseverance. It requires patience - and you won't win every single race just because you have pole position. It takes a lot of skill and luck. But I went from less than 30 wins in October to 91 wins by the end of November. Good luck OP!

Also, remember that when you are racing, if someone overtakes you it's not the end of the world. Try to stay as close behind as possible, get into the slipstream and just overtake them again.

Edited by Incognito_D
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, RayIshimura said:

You don't get to choose who you play with. People winning races are, maybe, just trying to win and have fun.

You need to get good. One hint, you can replay and watch the lap done by top players when they set their best times.
Use this replay to learn where and when to break, when to shift gears, when and how wide to turn, stuff like that.
You also get an idea of their speed and, for most cars, what gear they are in by replaying their best time laps using the camera from the driver's point of view.

By the way, you probably want to use manual gear shift. Accelerate up until the rotation counter goes red and hold it for a splitsecond before moving up a gear.

Another hint, races with the same car for everybody (I think type A) and older cars (only up to 4 gears) are easier to get better times on, and then pole positions.
Also, if you know the track, are getting pole position-worth times, and are consistently starting at 1st, 2nd or 3rd (even less than that), you can win, even without the pole position. Remember though, that goes for you and everybody else.

Another two things: if you happen to get a good time for a race and got pole, dude, go for as many races as you can, so you can get rid of the pole positions. Not many races an hour, too many players (including ones that are done with it, but still want to play) and too little time and chances at it by now; second, try to set good lap times just when the races change! I believe it happens in the middle of the night here, so I stayed awake a lot to get good times, while not many other players were around. If you can do that, that helps a lot getting poles once a week (when races change).

Edited by WerneckH
  • Like 1

I feel you, brotha. Currently at 1/65 poles and 2/91 wins, and seriously considering bowing out. But sunk costs & all that (already level 50)...

Every lobby has at least one guy that lives & breathes that specific daily, whether it's A or B. I'm currently much better at this month's B than A, and I come 2nd place a lot. The world record pole for Monza is 1:54:xx, but someone in my lobby managed a 1:53:xx lap 🤡 It's all so tiring

8 minutes ago, hore said:

I feel you, brotha. Currently at 1/65 poles and 2/91 wins, and seriously considering bowing out. But sunk costs & all that (already level 50)...

Every lobby has at least one guy that lives & breathes that specific daily, whether it's A or B. I'm currently much better at this month's B than A, and I come 2nd place a lot. The world record pole for Monza is 1:54:xx, but someone in my lobby managed a 1:53:xx lap 🤡 It's all so tiring

There's very few people online throughout the day that are playing for fun. Most are other trophy hunters.

The worst part are boosting groups that try to get wins at the expense of everyone else in the lobby.

So no matter how well you race, they will do their best to wreck you so that their group can take the wins. It's quite obnoxious. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NeuralPotato said:

There's very few people online throughout the day that are playing for fun. Most are other trophy hunters.

The worst part are boosting groups that try to get wins at the expense of everyone else in the lobby.

So no matter how well you race, they will do their best to wreck you so that their group can take the wins. It's quite obnoxious. 

I've only ran into a couple of those toxic boosting lobbies so far, fortunately. I managed to get a really good time last night, and today I'm getting pole in every race I do, so good call on daytime hours

On 12/2/2023 at 5:00 AM, Incognito_D said:

While the race is still available, race on Monza using the Bugatti Veyron. Set traction control to zero and use manual transmission. Learn what gear to be in for each corner. (There are daily race guides on Youtube to help you learn the track) Practice, practice, practice, until you are fast and have a good lap time (mine was 1:55.231). I also used the camera angle where the camera is above the windscreen of the car, but this is personal preference. Use the radar to see where cars are in relation to you. I found that it was better to try and race clean, as most of the people around you (i.e. other fast players) will respect you more if you race cleanly. At the end of the day, if you race dirtily and smash into people, they will do the same to you. Once you have a good lap time that can get you onto pole, it's just a matter of entering as many races as possible, and perseverance. It requires patience - and you won't win every single race just because you have pole position. It takes a lot of skill and luck. But I went from less than 30 wins in October to 91 wins by the end of November. Good luck OP!

Also, remember that when you are racing, if someone overtakes you it's not the end of the world. Try to stay as close behind as possible, get into the slipstream and just overtake them again.

I know all the best Gr4 Monza lap times are set by the Veyron, but I also know the Megane is OP in Gr4. I managed a very good qualifying time with the Veyron and am getting poles easily now, but still struggling with wins since I'm not very consistent yet. Everyone using the Megane has me wondering whether I should just use that. I've tried it, but am not noticing a difference yet. Care to opine?

3 minutes ago, hore said:

I've only ran into a couple of those toxic boosting lobbies so far, fortunately. I managed to get a really good time last night, and today I'm getting pole in every race I do, so good call on daytime hours

I know all the best Gr4 Monza lap times are set by the Veyron, but I also know the Megane is OP in Gr4. I managed a very good qualifying time with the Veyron and am getting poles easily now, but still struggling with wins since I'm not very consistent yet. Everyone using the Megane has me wondering whether I should just use that. I've tried it, but am not noticing a difference yet. Care to opine?

Most of the toxic boosters are in race A. Race B has better players as you have found. 

• Like 1

Sadly this game comes down to skill and practice, theres no way around that and many won't be able to complete it, if you are starting fresh now then its highly likely you won't. Sure you can try to join some of those nasty groups that are switching wins and blocking everyone that's not part of the group but that is both no fun and will take waaay more time switching wins for everybody than just getting better and getting all the wins yourself. I manage to get the 91 wins at around 180 races and my poles way before that and I was a nightmare for those "boosters" as often times I could take most of the wins even if they were all coming for me so yeah a lot of skill its envolved and if you are not familiar with racing sims then just completly avoid the game altogether as you are going to have a really bad time with this one. The plat is difficult even if you know what you are doing or have a wheel so if you are not seeing wins, get back to qualifying time trial and spend as much time in there till you are able to get consistent extremely good lap times. If you spend the time with the game it will show against others!

And the rest has already been said pick a race and stick to it, I would recommend A as the pros are on B, watch the top 10 replays and learn their moves,  get used to manual if you are not already, watch your radar, don't loose focus, play from the hood view, play at times when the "boosting" groups are not playing and practice, practice, practice. If all else fails you can maybe wait till the last week of the server life and see if maybe then theres no one playing but the risk is up to you. Good luck to everyone attempting this monster in what its likely the worst and most toxic time to go for it!

• Like 2

On 12/6/2023 at 2:02 PM, Abraniell said:

Sadly this game comes down to skill and practice, theres no way around that and many won't be able to complete it, if you are starting fresh now then its highly likely you won't. Sure you can try to join some of those nasty groups that are switching wins and blocking everyone that's not part of the group but that is both no fun and will take waaay more time switching wins for everybody than just getting better and getting all the wins yourself. I manage to get the 91 wins at around 180 races and my poles way before that and I was a nightmare for those "boosters" as often times I could take most of the wins even if they were all coming for me so yeah a lot of skill its envolved and if you are not familiar with racing sims then just completly avoid the game altogether as you are going to have a really bad time with this one. The plat is difficult even if you know what you are doing or have a wheel so if you are not seeing wins, get back to qualifying time trial and spend as much time in there till you are able to get consistent extremely good lap times. If you spend the time with the game it will show against others!

And the rest has already been said pick a race and stick to it, I would recommend A as the pros are on B, watch the top 10 replays and learn their moves,  get used to manual if you are not already, watch your radar, don't loose focus, play from the hood view, play at times when the "boosting" groups are not playing and practice, practice, practice. If all else fails you can maybe wait till the last week of the server life and see if maybe then theres no one playing but the risk is up to you. Good luck to everyone attempting this monster in what its likely the worst and most toxic time to go for it!

All respect to you and your skill brother, you're a talented racer, I just couldn't do it any more. I beat every single one of them legitimately multiple times over in the first race and a bunch in the second (even beat the guy top of the leaderboards legitimately! And then almost a second time but completely choked at the very last big turn). But I just am not skilled enough to fight them all, so I joined instead. I had grinded out the first 40ish of my wins and half of my poles before throwing in the towel. But you're completely right, boring as hell. And with how much I have to work irl I just can't spend time gambling in that way. As you say, it's unfortunately a vicious dog eat dog scenario because of this awful trophy. It would have been fun if I'd had to do, idk. 30 wins. That would have demanded I improve myself as a racer and execute in a comprehensive manner. But eventually by 91?? it just becomes a complete slog. And even then, enough of the players in that group are so bad that I still ended up having to legitimately compete for the majority of the races I won with them, and ended up disproportionately helping lol.

There were little alliances the first time it was the race it is now with the Honda as the car, but I never had to mind. Beating people trying to play super dirty is so satisfying, but by a few days into the TVR races and entire lobbies were the group. Like alright man. Just yeah. I can't. But I don't blame any of them. Soulless, unfun trophy that long exceeds its purpose. 

I basically jumped out as soon as I could, so hopefully by the next race, a lot of people will be gone and I can grind out some clean races in peace. Maybe do a few for fun again.

And yeah, anyone thinking of starting now is crazy. Don't. Unless you're a god. I'm above average at racing games when I put in the time, and I would not dare, even if you can no life it. It took me like two months to do. You won't have time to do the leveling to 50 even if you do somehow manage the 91 wins.

For OP I'm sorry to say but if you want to avoid getting rammed off by boosting groups, your best bet is to try to join, but you have to prove you're a threat first. It you can, that might ensure you make some actual progress. Trying to beat 8 people trying to take you down, if you're not top of the pack like Abraniell here, is just not going to work. If we'd all gone for the trophy earlier, we could have done it that way, but I just don't think it's realistic. All power to you if you don't want to, just trying to be real here. 6-10 people all helping each other is pretty rough to beat if you are not insanely good. I tried to wrap in other people myself, but given I speak English not Portuguese I did not have a lot of sway. You have to show them you're a pain to deal with and then ask to join, or like in my case, be a big enough pain that they ask you lol. It's rough out there good luck.

Edited by Chettlar

13 hours ago, Chettlar said:

And yeah, anyone thinking of starting now is crazy. Don't. Unless you're a god. I'm above average at racing games when I put in the time, and I would not dare, even if you can no life it. It took me like two months to do. You won't have time to do the leveling to 50 even if you do somehow manage the 91 wins.

For OP I'm sorry to say but if you want to avoid getting rammed off by boosting groups, your best bet is to try to join, but you have to prove you're a threat first. It you can, that might ensure you make some actual progress. Trying to beat 8 people trying to take you down, if you're not top of the pack like Abraniell here, is just not going to work. If we'd all gone for the trophy earlier, we could have done it that way, but I just don't think it's realistic. All power to you if you don't want to, just trying to be real here. 6-10 people all helping each other is pretty rough to beat if you are not insanely good. I tried to wrap in other people myself, but given I speak English not Portuguese I did not have a lot of sway. You have to show them you're a pain to deal with and then ask to join, or like in my case, be a big enough pain that they ask you lol. It's rough out there good luck.

Getting to level 50 isn't that hard if you use the PS4Macro method from the other thread, but completely agree on the wins trophy.

I haven't seen any large boosting groups recently on race A, just one small obnoxious group.

Most of their members are not that good, but they do have one person who sometimes is their point pully.

What's extremely confusing to me is that there's not much logic to wrecking people with low qualify times.

My qualify time is lower than most people I encounter so while I'm on nobody else in the lobby can get a pole and I'm going to be around until I finish my wins. 

Edited by Stevieboy
name and shame

12 hours ago, NeuralPotato said:

Getting to level 50 isn't that hard if you use the PS4Macro method from the other thread, but completely agree on the wins trophy.

I haven't seen any large boosting groups recently on race A, just one small obnoxious group.

Most of their members are not that good, but they do have one person who sometimes is their point pully.

What's extremely confusing to me is that there's not much logic to wrecking people with low qualify times.

My qualify time is lower than most people I encounter so while I'm on nobody else in the lobby can get a pole and I'm going to be around until I finish my wins. 

I think you meant to say "super fast" ;), all jokes aside a few things to mention here.

On race A the past couple of months ive set poles that are in top 10 and just below top 10 in NA leaderboard nearing the end of the rotation when all the pros and lifers set their pro times, I'm mentioning this to insinuate my skill level in this game, which is not to brag but very high. 

With this being said I was in the same boat as Chettlar as someone who works a lot and could only get on for 3-5 races a day I was also having problems with the boosting groups because you can be fking batman and still not escape 6+ people trying to hit you off. Got about 50 ish wins against them clashing back and forth before Sander invited me to join and I said yes, not because I needed help in any way, I needed them to stop hitting me lol. Your best chance is trying to make friends with them tbh and then raise your DR/SR to get out of the low tier lobbies where they play so you don't need to trade wins and just continue attempting to win in the higher up lobbies (which is probably where you encountered me potato), and my bad I do remember bumping you a few times it was probably because I needed to pass to try and catch up to first. With server closure and my limited playtime I was tryharding for them wins. 

That being said im at 90/91 now so you don't need to worry about me anymore. oh and P.S. , don't talk to much crap cause you can get banned for calling people slow and telling them they can't beat you in a race, as I found out with my 30 day online ban now. Cheers

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 4:34 PM, hore said:

I managed it with the Veyron. As of 23rd October I only had 35 wins, but got my 91st on 29th November. See my other comment in this thread for tips (but it's pretty much a case of git gud)

21 hours ago, Incognito_D said:

I managed it with the Veyron. As of 23rd October I only had 35 wins, but got my 91st on 29th November. See my other comment in this thread for tips (but it's pretty much a case of git gud)

That I did - just got the 91 wins trophy a few mins ago, using the Veyron for all of them.

Not sure whether to be proud or ashamed, but I got all 65 poles in 2 days and all 91 wins within 7 days. (I really wanted to do these trophies before the tracks rotate)

Many of my wins were dirty, but a lot were pure skill.

Edited by hore

On 12/13/2023 at 6:33 PM, hore said:

That I did - just got the 91 wins trophy a few mins ago, using the Veyron for all of them.

Not sure whether to be proud or ashamed, but I got all 65 poles in 2 days and all 91 wins within 7 days. (I really wanted to do these trophies before the tracks rotate)

Many of my wins were dirty, but a lot were pure skill.

That's insane! 😲 - congratulations!

I thought going from 35 to 91 in just over a month was no-lifing it, but you blew me out the water lol

How the hell did you do that!? Even playing non-stop, I was encountering a lot of server issues and getting kicked.

34 minutes ago, Incognito_D said:

That's insane! 😲 - congratulations!

I thought going from 35 to 91 in just over a month was no-lifing it, but you blew me out the water lol

How the hell did you do that!? Even playing non-stop, I was encountering a lot of server issues and getting kicked.

Thanks!

Luckily I didn't encounter any of those server issues, and since I work from home, I was able to participate in races all throughout each day (at the cost of some IRL productivity 😅)

I started off getting only 8-10 wins each day for the first couple of days, but I gradually got better until I didn't need to rely on playing dirty or against bad players - I managed 25 wins on the last day.

13 minutes ago, hore said:

Thanks!

Luckily I didn't encounter any of those server issues, and since I work from home, I was able to participate in races all throughout each day (at the cost of some IRL productivity 😅)

I started off getting only 8-10 wins each day for the first couple of days, but I gradually got better until I didn't need to rely on playing dirty or against bad players - I managed 25 wins on the last day.

25 wins in a single day is incredible considering that there are only 36 races in a 12-hour period. Amazing stuff!

• Like 1

I found some guy that offered money to me in exchange for the wins and then insulted me. I reported him so maybe you got one less to worry about. 

I'd recommend checking the profiles of every player you match up with before the race. If they are between level 1-10 in trophies, they are a dummy account and you should totally avoid them in the race. I play in the North/South/Central America and in my case they always have a US flag.

The chat:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Edited by Jeanolt

• 2 weeks later...

My 2 cents on this... This game in general is a long and tiring grinding, from Level 50 EXP to the 322 online races to the 91 wins.. Playing regularly you can queue up with players that have 5k races, more than 2k wins who are Level 46, 47.... They probably been playing for years and haven't reached level 50 naturally (since online races gives you like 300EXP and you need more than a million to reach 50), this leveling system is far from broken, it is like you're into a BDSM experience.

Having said that, I tried both methods, playing it clean and playing it dirty. The decision on which one to follow will need to consider how much time you have to practice and play, how much frustration you can handle, how much of anxiety and stress you are willing to suffer lol. If you want to play solo, keep in mind that you can play for 2 hours straight (6 races) and not get a single win, whereas playing with boosting groups and rotating wins with 3 players, you could win twice (not guaranteed, but pretty higher chances than solo)

Playing on boosting groups is fun because you get the "hive mentality", you test and see stuff you would normally miss, like cutting corners to take someone out, or doing the "Rocket Launcher" on Suzuka (if you know, you know lol) this adds a whole new level of entertainment to the game as to just play, trying to beat your time over and over. It gets boring.

Also, I personally joined more than 3 distinct boosting groups with that method (wreck everyone who's not on the group, rotate wins, making sure everyone gets their chance) and we were successful on all of them. Leading these groups require time, dedication and love to the game above all, to make sure everyone helps, all this without asking for nothing in return, Sander wont let me lie, I know how much effort he puts into this to make sure the boosting works :)

So my advice for you reading is to not give up, there is plenty of time, however you need to commit, not an easy task. Anyone starting now needs at least 3 wins a day to get on Jan 31st
done with the online. If you can't find a boosting group, try and create your own, try to match the players rank to be queued up together and rotate wins because from now on, the time to get good at the game is simply over.

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2023 at 12:28 PM, madugol said:

My 2 cents on this... This game in general is a long and tiring grinding, from Level 50 EXP to the 322 online races to the 91 wins.. Playing regularly you can queue up with players that have 5k races, more than 2k wins who are Level 46, 47.... They probably been playing for years and haven't reached level 50 naturally (since online races gives you like 300EXP and you need more than a million to reach 50), this leveling system is far from broken, it is like you're into a BDSM experience.

Having said that, I tried both methods, playing it clean and playing it dirty. The decision on which one to follow will need to consider how much time you have to practice and play, how much frustration you can handle, how much of anxiety and stress you are willing to suffer lol. If you want to play solo, keep in mind that you can play for 2 hours straight (6 races) and not get a single win, whereas playing with boosting groups and rotating wins with 3 players, you could win twice (not guaranteed, but pretty higher chances than solo)

Playing on boosting groups is fun because you get the "hive mentality", you test and see stuff you would normally miss, like cutting corners to take someone out, or doing the "Rocket Launcher" on Suzuka (if you know, you know lol) this adds a whole new level of entertainment to the game as to just play, trying to beat your time over and over. It gets boring.

Also, I personally joined more than 3 distinct boosting groups with that method (wreck everyone who's not on the group, rotate wins, making sure everyone gets their chance) and we were successful on all of them. Leading these groups require time, dedication and love to the game above all, to make sure everyone helps, all this without asking for nothing in return, Sander wont let me lie, I know how much effort he puts into this to make sure the boosting works :)

So my advice for you reading is to not give up, there is plenty of time, however you need to commit, not an easy task. Anyone starting now needs at least 3 wins a day to get on Jan 31st
done with the online. If you can't find a boosting group, try and create your own, try to match the players rank to be queued up together and rotate wins because from now on, the time to get good at the game is simply over.

Cheers buddy, had fun times racing with you! 

- The inventor of the "rocket launcher" ;)

On 12/10/2023 at 4:58 PM, Exstruh said:

I think you meant to say "super fast" ;), all jokes aside a few things to mention here.

On race A the past couple of months ive set poles that are in top 10 and just below top 10 in NA leaderboard nearing the end of the rotation when all the pros and lifers set their pro times, I'm mentioning this to insinuate my skill level in this game, which is not to brag but very high. 

With this being said I was in the same boat as Chettlar as someone who works a lot and could only get on for 3-5 races a day I was also having problems with the boosting groups because you can be fking batman and still not escape 6+ people trying to hit you off. Got about 50 ish wins against them clashing back and forth before Sander invited me to join and I said yes, not because I needed help in any way, I needed them to stop hitting me lol. Your best chance is trying to make friends with them tbh and then raise your DR/SR to get out of the low tier lobbies where they play so you don't need to trade wins and just continue attempting to win in the higher up lobbies (which is probably where you encountered me potato), and my bad I do remember bumping you a few times it was probably because I needed to pass to try and catch up to first. With server closure and my limited playtime I was tryharding for them wins. 

That being said im at 90/91 now so you don't need to worry about me anymore. oh and P.S. , don't talk to much crap cause you can get banned for calling people slow and telling them they can't beat you in a race, as I found out with my 30 day online ban now. Cheers

Oh shit that's why you disappeared? Oof

• Haha 1