Stuck on 98% completion

BerserkSamurai_

Do you have 94 locations discovered?

Edit: If you used any checkpoint skips in story missions, you will have to replay them without checkpoint skipping to gain the percentage back. Another thing people miss.

Edited by Matthew

Have you done all 19 stranger missions ? Only 15 needed for the trophy.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/red-dead-redemption/Strangers#

Aztec Gold is one that seems to slip by given the location of where to find / start it , but that won’t give a whole 2% , but that and possibly others like California will all add up. California is another that is in a random spot to start and finish.

Possible there’s some outfits not completed.

did you buy all 13 safe houses ?

Make profit in a round of blackjack ?

Beat everyone at a table of 5 finger fillet and arm wrestling ?

Not sure if knocking someone out in every saloon is apart of the 100%. 

Just some thoughts. 

edit: I’ve never had an issue with scraps , I’m on my 4th run and I’ve purchase scraps as soon as they’re available. Nothing has bugged out for me at any point. 

Edited by JWill_55
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JWill_55 said:

Have you done all 19 stranger missions ? Only 15 needed for the trophy.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/red-dead-redemption/Strangers#

Aztec Gold is one that seems to slip by given the location of where to find / start it , but that won’t give a whole 2% , but that and possibly others like California will all add up. California is another that is in a random spot to start and finish.

Possible there’s some outfits not completed.

did you buy all 13 safe houses ?

Make profit in a round of blackjack ?

Beat everyone at a table of 5 finger fillet and arm wrestling ?

Not sure if knocking someone out in every saloon is apart of the 100%. 

Just some thoughts. 

edit: I’ve never had an issue with scraps , I’m on my 4th run and I’ve purchase scraps as soon as they’re available. Nothing has bugged out for me at any point. 

I have done all strangers, bought all safe houses and won in every minigame and 14/18 outfits, all bounties in different locations etc at it still will not change from 98. Im currently using a older save where i have 76.3% and completing everything again to see if its just bugged.

5 hours ago, OnlyCass said:

I read its to do with the outfits and the scraps you buy, apparently should leave all scraps until the end then save the game and buy them, and reload if it doesnt get you 100%

too late i have all 14/18 outfits already

5 hours ago, Matthew said:

Edit: If you used any checkpoint skips in story missions, you will have to replay them without checkpoint skipping to gain the percentage back. Another thing people miss.

yup all locations discovered and didnt skip no sections in story missions probably just bugged

Edited by BerserkSamurai_

Just to confirm , you not only beat the mini games but you’ve beat the whole table in arm wrestling and 5 finger fillet?

have you done the saloon fights , I saw you didn’t have the trophy.. not convinced it’s apart of the 100% but something to try.

did you buy/sell at every gunsmith ? I think that’s a uniform challenge so I’m going to assume you have. 

I'm certain you’ve missed something , and it’ll be something silly. 

have you bought all weapons from each gun store ? Each weapon is 0.5%.. maybe missing 4?

Edited by JWill_55

49 minutes ago, JWill_55 said:

have you done the saloon fights , I saw you didn’t have the trophy.. not convinced it’s apart of the 100% but something to try.

Saloon fights are definitely not required for 100%

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JWill_55 said:

Just to confirm , you not only beat the mini games but you’ve beat the whole table in arm wrestling and 5 finger fillet?

did you buy/sell at every gunsmith ? I think that’s a uniform challenge so I’m going to assume you have. 

I'm certain you’ve missed something , and it’ll be something silly. 

have you bought all weapons from each gun store ? Each weapon is 0.5%.. maybe missing 4?

just redid all minigames and still nothing 😭

i did get all rare weapons its probably glitched 

Edited by BerserkSamurai_

Ok last thing I can think of .. bounties. 

you need 20 total but they keep respawning in places you no longer need;

4 bounties in West Elizabeth (Blackwater)

8 bounties in Nueva Parariso (Escalera/Chuparosa)

8 bounties in New Austin (armadillo/MacFarlane's Ranch/Rathskeller Fork)

you can see this in the stats.. 🤞 

12 minutes ago, RedDragon246 said:

Is there any reason, why the maps are locked in the general stores for me?

I'm done with the story and missing 3 locations in total, but I can't purchase the maps as they are marked as "not available".

That’s odd.. assuming you haven’t already bought them and they’re sitting in your kit ready to use ? 

they’re usually unavailable if ;

- you’ve already bought them

- you have already discovered the area that the map covers , thus not needing them

do you know what area you need to unlock ? The gun smith in Mexico / escalera sells a map should it be Mexico you’re after 

Hmm, that's strange...

Mexico is completed, I have two missing locations in West Elisabeth and one in New Austin.

I can see the map for Great Planes at the General Store in Blackwater, but can't buy it, the same for Cholla Springs in New Austin.

I think I will just go through all locations then...

One of my first runs I explored a lot of gaptooth and surrounding areas without the map .. only needed like 3 more areas but thought I’d go buy the map and it wasn’t available , but other maps were.. 

in other runs I haven’t explored so much and could buy it. I’m sure it’s down to something like that but can’t give you a cutoff on how many areas should be left unexplored… if that’s certainly the pattern hrre.

Hope you get it soon. 

On 12/5/2023 at 3:12 PM, Matthew said:

Is there a way to check what mission you might of skipped? because this is my last resort

I haven’t heard of such a thing in RDR but I haven’t died all that often in RDR missions.

could this be if;

- you’re racing and crashing the cart / horse and asks you to be placed back on the track ?

- die in a mission many times and asks you to skip to the next checkpoint ?

with the latter wouldn’t it advise you that you may lose progress or negate a achievements related to it? 

do you recall any of that happening in your run ?

dont think you can check for that , unless there’s no medal for it when you check the mission stats , unless there’s something in there that has a message ?

Edited by JWill_55

On 12/6/2023 at 5:08 AM, JWill_55 said:

Ok last thing I can think of .. bounties. 

you need 20 total but they keep respawning in places you no longer need;

4 bounties in West Elizabeth (Blackwater)

8 bounties in Nueva Parariso (Escalera/Chuparosa)

8 bounties in New Austin (armadillo/MacFarlane's Ranch/Rathskeller Fork)

you can see this in the stats.. 🤞 

Bro i feel so stupid i was missing the master hunter challenge i literally done a another playthrough for no reason.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BerserkSamurai_ said:

Bro i feel so stupid i was missing the master hunter challenge i literally done an another playthrough for no reason.  

Damn , that sucks buddy but glad you figured it out. It’s usually something silly easily overlooked.

i just realized how that could be missed , so don’t feel too bad. 

Edited by JWill_55