PS5 Top 5’s Of 2023

PotrikBerger

It’s that time of year again where we start reflecting on all that has been in 2023. I usually do a kind of highlights and lowlights post each year asking y’all to put down what you did and didn’t like. This year though I’m feeling the scope should be wider. So I’m looking for your Top 5 Games released on PS5 categorised in any way you see fit....this can be top 5 soundtracks, Top 5 acting roles or just a simple top 5 games you’ve played.

The only rules are the games must have been released in the calendar year of 2023 (not something you just played for first time in 2023 but was released in previous years), they must be available on PS5 and you gotta have at least played the game. I’m not gonna stipulate you need a 100% or plat or even fully completed because if you truly didn’t vibe with a game and your top 5 list is about games you didn’t like that much then chances are you turned it off before the end game. And hey, if your bag is shovelware then why not do a Top 5 of PS5 shovelware titles....as long as it is a list and there are 5 games released in 2023 on it then you can make it any category you see fit. Just try to keep it to two or three lists maximum.

My Top 5’s to kick it off will be the tried and tested staple lists - The 5 games released in 2023 I’ve enjoyed the most and the 5 games I’ve enjoyed the least. They are in order too.The more creative Top 5 lists I’ll leave to more imaginative people than me, but I’ll enjoy reading them :)

So my Top 5 most enjoyed games of 2023 are:

1. Baldurs Gate 3

2. Like a Dragon Ishin

3. Clash: Artefacts of Chaos

4. Robocop: Rogue City

5. Resident Evil 4

with dredge, humanity and immortals of aveum (I liked it!) just missing out on the final list, but thoroughly enjoyed my time with each of them.

My Top 5 least enjoyed games of 2023:

1. Final Fantasy XVI

2. Tchia

3. EA Sports PGA Tour

4. Scars Above

5. Hogwarts Legacy

Again, Im not saying these are objectively bad games, but each for their own reasons I just didn’t enjoy my time with these titles. Some I persevered through for the plat (hogwarts) others I just couldn’t face playing anymore of it (FF).

What are your Top 5’s of 2023?

Quick update and small edit to follow. I'm currently playing High on Life and it will definitely get into my Top 5 of the year. Never seen a Rick and Morty episode before, but if its anything like this game I will need to check it out. This is hilarious. Most I've laughed playing a game since the South Parks. SO much fun.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...