Server Shutdown 2024

Jojoman32

2014 is probably ranked very low in the codemasters series, but I'll still play some matches around the shutdown, just for the nostalgia and to see some more people playing.

In detail now, 2014 was the year of the change to hybrid systems and a whole new set of regulations, resulting in a bad game. It feels extremely arcade, where you can nail impossible turns due to having almost infinite grip, even using the hardest tyres. The difficulty is also low and the AI, at the same level. Let's say codemasters aren't genius at doing great and different AIs, but for example F1 2018-21 is a whole different world compared to it.

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

You can write here all online(possible some hidden) trophies in this game?

To the best of my knowledge there are only 4 online Trophies in F1 2014. I am not aware of any hidden Online Trophies (Offline Trophies requiring an online server, like in some modern games), but dont quote me on that. The 4 Online Trophies should be:

1. Get yourself connected (Complete your first Online Race)

2. Stay Connected (Complete 25 Online Races)

3. Always Connected (Complete 50 Online Races)

4. Better Together (Win the Drivers or Constructers Championship in Co-Op)

1-2 years ago there were still enough players around to get the 50 Online Races through regular Online Lobbies (no Boosting required). I don't know how it is now, but I think you should have a fair chance at those trophies by just trying to join random online race lobbies.

The Co-Op Trophy however does require an Online Boosting Partner. Driving a Split-Screen Championship will not count as Co-Op. In Contrast to 2011-2013 however this trophy is much easier, since you only need to win the Drivers OR Constructers Championship. If you drive with a Boosting Partner against Bots of the easiest difficulty, you shouldn't have any problems winning the Team Championship and than you don't need a second playthrough, like in previous games.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2023 at 10:47 PM, Jojoman32 said:

To the best of my knowledge there are only 4 online Trophies in F1 2014. I am not aware of any hidden Online Trophies (Offline Trophies requiring an online server, like in some modern games), but dont quote me on that. The 4 Online Trophies should be:

1. Get yourself connected (Complete your first Online Race)

2. Stay Connected (Complete 25 Online Races)

3. Always Connected (Complete 50 Online Races)

4. Better Together (Win the Drivers or Constructers Championship in Co-Op)

1-2 years ago there were still enough players around to get the 50 Online Races through regular Online Lobbies (no Boosting required). I don't know how it is now, but I think you should have a fair chance at those trophies by just trying to join random online race lobbies.

The Co-Op Trophy however does require an Online Boosting Partner. Driving a Split-Screen Championship will not count as Co-Op. In Contrast to 2011-2013 however this trophy is much easier, since you only need to win the Drivers OR Constructers Championship. If you drive with a Boosting Partner against Bots of the easiest difficulty, you shouldn't have any problems winning the Team Championship and than you don't need a second playthrough, like in previous games.

The F1 2012 coop trophy for the (Constructers trophy ) was the hardest part out of F1 11 - 14 . Good luck for anyone who is going for this . 

Edited by Hysteria

• 3 months later...