Making It Rain... Again (2024 Platinum Rain Challenge)

ProfSeajay7

You don't upload your saves to the cloud? Especially since you seem to care about this project of yours. I've had my share of savefile corruption, ylod on my PS3, so no matter what I play I always upload my save after a session.

1 hour ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

You don't upload your saves to the cloud?

I forgot about the cloud server. So I just upload my save to the cloud, then download it on the PS4 Pro, right?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got my data transferred safely... and I forgot that you could transfer all your data from one PS4 to another and foolishly deleted my accounts on the old system. That means I have to purchase all those games again. Looks like I might not be making that trip up to the RPG Limit Break marathon this year, and I had saved over $800! :(

EDIT 2: Before anyone asks, yes, I am downloading all of the games I can get from PS+, though I had to upgrade my secondary account to Extra to download A Hat In Time.

Edited by ProfSeajay7

2 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

EDIT: Nevermind, I got my data transferred safely... and I forgot that you could transfer all your data from one PS4 to another and foolishly deleted my accounts on the old system. That means I have to purchase all those games again. Looks like I might not be making that trip up to the RPG Limit Break marathon this year, and I had saved over $800! :(

Can't you just sign back in with those old accounts and redownload the games? 

• 3 weeks later...

Poor decisions I have made:

1. Deleting my account on my old PS4 instead of transferring it to the PS4 Pro, as now I have to repurchase the games I have set up for this challenge, and some of them are not cheap. (ahem, Spyro Reignited Trilogy <_<)
  2. Buying LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Deluxe Edition... when I realized that I didn't need to do that as I had already platinumed the PS4 version. For some reason the data for the PS4 version was still on my account so I thought I had to buy the game for the PS4 again. It was on sale so I only paid $20.99... which I had to pull out of my travel money so that $200 I had saved up this month is now almost gone. :(

Also, three games are leaving the list as soon as I get my money for March on Friday as two of them will be added to my Kaledioscope Challenge and the third would just leave the dog hanging, so on March 1st, I'll repurchase Donut County and LEGO Harry Potter Legacy Collection and platinum those three games. That means I will only have eleven. I was hoping to get to 20 before the Dawntrail patch, but due to multiple challenges on this forum I have added myself to(Spring Backlog 2024, Bingo Bonanza 2024, Platinum Leap Day, etc.), I won't have time to add more stuff right away, so I may just cut my losses and shut this challenge down soon. If I do, I will put a post down. There are games I can still add to the list though, so it may not be a total wash. I'll let you guys know the status of this thread in March.

Posted (edited)

Donut County and the LEGO Harry Potter collection have been removed from the list as I popped the platinums for the Kaledioscope event as their game images matched colors I needed. (LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 matched Brown and I decided to just pop Years 1-4 so I didn't have to have the game hanging around for months.)

I also removed several games from my list I posted on New Year's Day because I had gotten platinums for them. Namely Final Fantasy VII, both versions of Oceanhorn(the Vita one popped by accident as I forgot that several in-game challenges do not count towards trophies) and Final Fantasy IV. Games which have platinums earned do not qualify for this challenge as there is no trophy left to pop. 😜 

I also removed games on that list that I plan on platinuming for other events like the Spring Backlog 2024 event, so that includes Cat Quest, both Dragon Quest Builders games, the PS5 version of Wild ARMs and Final Fantasy V/VI. I'd have to burn my swap allowance to remove them from the list I submitted so it's better just to remove them from qualification in this event.

I will try to replace the games with new ones so the rest of the games will qualify.

Edited by ProfSeajay7

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control - aka I might have COVID but I am seriously sick 👩‍⚕️ - I have decided to abandon the challenge and pop some of my game early, mainly the ones I don't have to pay massive money for. (I'll save Spyro and Unpacking for my alphabet challenge.)

I think it's for the best. I said I was going to make the platinum rain happen on the day of the Dawntrail 24-hour maintenance, but as we have no idea when Dawntrail is dropping, we could waiting until September, so I decided to just abandon the challenge. I might reinstate it when we get a definitive release date for FFXIV's Dawntrail expansion. (On a worse note, I was too sick to actually play FFXIV, so I am still not in Heavensward yet, I need to rectify that ASAP.)

So these games got their final trophy popped:

• Legend of the Skyfish (PS Vita)
  • Legend of the Skyfish (PS4)
  • LEGO Jurassic World (PS Vita)
  • LEGO Jurassic World (PS4)
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (PS5)
  • Ape Escape (PS5)
  • Final Fantasy II
  • Final Fantasy III

In foresight, I think this was a good idea to spring clean because my PS5's hard drive was getting full so some games had to be removed. That's just a fact of life. :(

The FFXIV team will be at PAX East on March 27, so I'll put a post down saying whether I'll reinstate the challenge then. Until then...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 3:30 PM, ProfSeajay7 said:

Poor decisions I have made:

1. Deleting my account on my old PS4 instead of transferring it to the PS4 Pro, as now I have to repurchase the games I have set up for this challenge, and some of them are not cheap. (ahem, Spyro Reignited Trilogy <_<)

Wait a second, I'm confused. Your purchases are tied to your PSN account so even if you removed it from your old PS4, you should have access to all your purchases on your PS4 Pro. Or did you have a different account than your ProfSeajay7 one that the games were purchased on and that account got deleted? Have you tried to contact PSN support? I wouldn't give up hope so easily that the games are gone forever. 

20 minutes ago, AceAttorneyEric said:

Wait a second, I'm confused. Your purchases are tied to your PSN account so even if you removed it from your old PS4, you should have access to all your purchases on your PS4 Pro. Or did you have a different account than your ProfSeajay7 one that the games were purchased on and that account got deleted? Have you tried to contact PSN support? I wouldn't give up hope so easily that the games are gone forever. 

That is the problem, they weren't in my PSN account, the games I had prepped for this event were purchased by older accounts so they were not in this account's library. You see, if you have multiple PSN accounts on a PS4, you can share games but I do not intend to add my old accounts to the PS4 Pro just to play the games. I only had a few games on this list anyways as I really didn't plan the challenge very well. (Also, I probably won't have time to get more games up as I have other obligations like finishing my backlog and prepping a plane trip to Utah for a gaming charity stream happening in May and I'll be gone for three days so no access to these forums during that time and no updates.)

Posted (edited)

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

Square-Enix has finally done what I should have waited for before starting this thread. As such, I have made a decision to close this thread... and start a new one.

I still want to try this whole "platinum rain" challenge where all the games get their final trophies on Dawntrail's arrival, but in my foolishness I started as soon as the expansion was announced. So I am going to link to the new thread as soon as it is created. If anyone is following this, feel free to chage your follows to the new thread when it comes up.

Edited by ProfSeajay7