This Looks Weird - Trophy not popping (SOLVED)

Gamez4Me2

Hey there gaming people,

I do have a quick question. I went to Merope System and scanned more than one Barnacle Site on Merope 2a, but the trophy wouldn't pop. Am I doing something wrong? Latest achiever was early december, so I was wondering what exactly it takes to get that trophy?! Any help or advise? Thx

Edited by Gamez4Me2

Did you sell the data for scanning it? I can't remember if mine popped right as I scanned it or when I sold the data. A lot of these trophies, even the one for discovering a planet only pop after you sell the data for it.

Actually there is no data to sell other than the credits for the codex recovery, I didn't get rewarded any other data vouchers. And yes, I did scan multiple Barnacles with the Data Link Scanner and all it's telling me in the info panel I discovered common Barnacle. Also found a 'ripe' barnacle with 4-5 Metal Alloys to farm but again no data vouchers to claim. Thanks for your suggestion though, maybe the data scan is broken, because killing missions, where I need to scan the Hub Access Termina at a Settlement first, won't update either after I scanned it with SRV.

UPDATE: just figured it out. I had changed the binding of my controls way back then, so when you experiencing the same issue, try go to a barnacle of your choice, drive in front of it, change back your bindings to default and use Internal Panel to tie the Data Link Scanner to a Fire Group (SRV), then scan the barnacle and tada... worked for me immediately, the trophy popped and I also received data vouchers this time.

Edited by Gamez4Me2

1 hour ago, Gamez4Me2 said:

UPDATE: just figured it out. I had changed the binding of my controls way back then, so when you experiencing the same issue, try go to a barnacle of your choice, drive in front of it, change back your bindings to default and use Internal Panel to tie the Data Link Scanner to a Fire Group (SRV), then scan the barnacle and tada... worked for me immediately, the trophy popped and I also received data vouchers this time.

So the problem was not scanning them with the datalink?

I'm not too surprised, I saw a lot people online use a different scanner as well. I think mine wasn't assigned to a firegroup either.

Glad you got it sorted.

4 hours ago, Letenko said:

So the problem was not scanning them with the datalink?

I'm not too surprised, I saw a lot people online use a different scanner as well. I think mine wasn't assigned to a firegroup either.

Glad you got it sorted.

Oh, the problem was to scan the barnacle with the Data Link Scanner, but with the exact controller button Frontier has chosen this function to work by default, not with my custom assignment, phew