How hard is it really?

• 2 months later...

The game is pretty tough. I've done some hard platinums and I would rate this one as a solid 9. 

I'm not sure about the rarity percentage, I can only guess...maybe it was given on PS Plus a long time ago; maybe it's the looks of it, seems like a children game but you are in for a lot of torture in some end levels; or maybe it's what you said...lack of information.

When I did this platinum, that was probably the hardest part. The game is not compatible with PS Vita TV, which means there are not many gameplay videos, some were only uploaded recently using obviously some different kind of equipment.

I've also started creating a guide for this game, but it's like 10% done.

However, I feel like it will never be that great... some gameplay aspects are very hard to explain, you kinda just have to feel it and do it. If I publish this guide it will mostly be a place with all the information merged together.

There are some good news. It's one of the hardest platinums that you can do in less than 30 hours. The game isn't too long, most of the time you are just replaying levels to get better at them.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2024 at 1:55 AM, zemiguelreis said:

The game is pretty tough. I've done some hard platinums and I would rate this one as a solid 9. 

I'm not sure about the rarity percentage, I can only guess...maybe it was given on PS Plus a long time ago; maybe it's the looks of it, seems like a children game but you are in for a lot of torture in some end levels; or maybe it's what you said...lack of information.

When I did this platinum, that was probably the hardest part. The game is not compatible with PS Vita TV, which means there are not many gameplay videos, some were only uploaded recently using obviously some different kind of equipment.

I've also started creating a guide for this game, but it's like 10% done.

However, I feel like it will never be that great... some gameplay aspects are very hard to explain, you kinda just have to feel it and do it. If I publish this guide it will mostly be a place with all the information merged together.

There are some good news. It's one of the hardest platinums that you can do in less than 30 hours. The game isn't too long, most of the time you are just replaying levels to get better at them.

Personally, I'd give this game a 10/10 for difficulty. That's mainly because of the trophies; Super Monkey Master, Motion Simian and Banana Master being an absurdly difficult task to obtain. But I'm really looking forward to your trophy guide, as this game has really needed one.

• 3 weeks later...

I have played a good chunk of the monkey ball games over the years. This is in my opinion the hardest one. I still have never cleared the advanced course while I have finished every other game I have played in the series.

• 1 month later...

This is actually insanely hard to platinum.
While doing advanced with no continues, getting all bananas or doing the courses with motions sensors may be doable (but still very hard, like a solid 8/10 or 9/10)

BUT the master with no continue is something close to impossible for me, maybe I could do it with a bunch and a bunch of practices and even so I don't really feel confident about it. 

So for anyone reading this, good luck with master because it is really a big difficulty gap with advanced.