Play Advice - Leaving PS+ Extra January 16, 2024

Doubleofox

TLDR: Don't try to 100% this is a single day/weekend - Space it out over a week while working on other games or between real life activities.

Just thought I make a rare post about providing a "Heads Up / Warning" on this game.

I recently got the 100% for Jett on the PS4 side. The PS5 forums has several forum posts with an overall negative take on the game.

The game is listed on several sites one of the easier platinums out there with a rather short play time and this is technically true. However, I found this this game extremely hard to "focus" on playing. This is the first game within 7-10 years that I just fell asleep playing several times and in no way is due to lack of sleep.

My advice is to treat this game as something to play in 30 minute intervals. Do a single part of a chapter, then go catch up on social media/read an article/make or eat a snack then result for another 30 minutes. After two days trying to put up with , I found this much more doable and less of a headache, especially when the game's control got frustrating and the lack of direction made one just wait until the game spells things out for you in the main game, but doesn't happen in DLC.

You can read about the bad controls, bad designs choice, glitches, and many more in the other PS5 forums - they are all valid for the PS4 as I have experienced.

I may change my attitude in two weeks, but as of right now, this is the first game in PS+ Extra that I will not take the effort in getting the double platinum.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Thanks for the heads up.

I started it but, was enjoying the atmosphere but I quickly bounced off of it. 

I think a lot of people on the PS5 side will agree. The game really had a very promising concept and idea. Sadly a number of game choices ultimately really left this short of the potential it had. The QA staff either didn't do the proper job of feedback or the game engineers just couldn't figure out how to correct the needs flaws.

I'm not here to say the game is the "worse ever and avoid at all cost" but rather - know what you're getting into and takes lots of pause breaks. Again, I found if I really just did 30-45 minute play intervals, this was much easier to put up with. Sometime, this was just landing the Jett and letting the music play while I browsed the web.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

Did you find a resource for solution for puzzles in Given Time? Some of them are fairly nonsensical. I am stuck on one that looks like a trident high in the sky and I see zero method to get up that high.

I really, really, REALLY regret that I did not find an actual guide or source of solution. I did have to figure them out myself.

I would consider myself a very good puzzle game in general, but there were a few that had me furious for a decent amount of time, especially when the game gave "hints" that were ultimately wrong. It really took me re-reading the logs on how certain things react.

There are some videos out there referencing the very very last orb that I think I have seen people on the PS5 forums asking about

Solution(s) I think you might be looking for (Please forgive that I already forgotten the in game names)

Spoiler

1) There Beside the very last orb after collecting all the others: there is one on top of a large platform and the game gave hints about how to guide. After 45 minutes of failure I figure out guiding is not the answer. There is a way to make a "tornado" (you need to get a seed from using your headlights flashing) right next to the pillar to easily float to the top

2) There are IIRC three different "flower" types to bloom that needs to use one of the following: the 'Electric Eel' (annoying, but easy to attach) | The playful white Brine that normally following you in the ocean (Need to get a egg to attract it, same item to create the tornado) | The very evil red laser (Super annoying as you have to do it like 6 times and be fast enough before the instant death wall closes in)

On 12/23/2023 at 9:36 PM, Doubleofox said:

I really, really, REALLY regret that I did not find an actual guide or source of solution. I did have to figure them out myself.

I would consider myself a very good puzzle game in general, but there were a few that had me furious for a decent amount of time, especially when the game gave "hints" that were ultimately wrong. It really took me re-reading the logs on how certain things react.

There are some videos out there referencing the very very last orb that I think I have seen people on the PS5 forums asking about

Solution(s) I think you might be looking for (Please forgive that I already forgotten the in game names)

Hide contents

1) There Beside the very last orb after collecting all the others: there is one on top of a large platform and the game gave hints about how to guide. After 45 minutes of failure I figure out guiding is not the answer. There is a way to make a "tornado" (you need to get a seed from using your headlights flashing) right next to the pillar to easily float to the top

2) There are IIRC three different "flower" types to bloom that needs to use one of the following: the 'Electric Eel' (annoying, but easy to attach) | The playful white Brine that normally following you in the ocean (Need to get a egg to attract it, same item to create the tornado) | The very evil red laser (Super annoying as you have to do it like 6 times and be fast enough before the instant death wall closes in)

Thanks for taking the time to reply, earlier in the day ultimately after having zero fun I decided to try the skip I found in another post to jump to the end of the game to get the last DLC trophy. It worked. So if you get frustrated with this stage of the game:

1.)Exit to the main menu

2.)Select Given Time on the right

3.)On the pod, instead of pressing X, hold left or right on the D-pad.

4.)The screen will blink and then it will give you access to chapter select.

5.)Scroll down and complete the last chapter to unlock the 2nd DLC trophy.

After skipping to the end, I could kind of deduce how the story must have played out, but decided to jump back one more chapter to see if I could find out a little more. I Immediately hit another brick wall and deleted the game in disgust.

7 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply, earlier in the day ultimately after having zero fun I decided to try the skip I found in another post to jump to the end of the game to get the last DLC trophy. It worked. So if you get frustrated with this stage of the game:

1.)Exit to the main menu

After skipping to the end, I could kind of deduce how the story must have played out, but decided to jump back one more chapter to see if I could find out a little more. I Immediately hit another brick wall and deleted the game in disgust.

Thank you for information!

I wish that post existed before I played it, but happy you got it "done"

On 12/25/2023 at 3:04 PM, Guardian_owl said:

1.)Exit to the main menu

I try this methods but nothing happen, do I need to complete the game first?

11 hours ago, ghibransiregar said:

I try this methods but nothing happen, do I need to complete the game first?

I don't know the requirement for it working, it could be you have to 100% the base game before it will work. Have you played Given Time previously? The first time you enter it you hold down X to fill up a circle to boot up the computer. Then you press X to start the game. The time to hold left or right is after you boot up the computer by holding circle (this only occurs the first time you start the game). In looking back at the thread, it appears I might have mis-remembered you might have to hold left or right with the L Stick, and then maneuver through the chapters up and down with the D-pad, not use the D-pad for both inputs.

Edited by Guardian_owl

On 12/27/2023 at 2:33 AM, Guardian_owl said:

I don't know the requirement for it working, it could be you have to 100% the base game before it will work. Have you played Given Time previously? The first time you enter it you hold down X to fill up a circle to boot up the computer. Then you press X to start the game. The time to hold left or right is after you boot up the computer by holding circle (this only occurs the first time you start the game). In looking back at the thread, it appears I might have mis-remembered you might have to hold left or right with the L Stick, and then maneuver through the chapters up and down with the D-pad, not use the D-pad for both inputs.

Thank u bro,I got it! Now I only need main trophy

Edited by ghibransiregar