Tactician Mode Tips

Tripple_Barnett

12 minutes ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

What channel did you use for the build recommendations?

These builds are pretty user-friendly.

I used a Open Hand Monk build myself for Honour Mode. Pretty great.
(With a Fighter, Sorcerer, Heal Cleric in my party.)

You already have the most important thing in the game though, knowledge.

So, you don't have to be scared about it. ;)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Justt--JD-- said:

Thank you so much. I will check this video out!

On 12/26/2023 at 5:26 PM, Tripple_Barnett said:

What channel did you use for the build recommendations?

Toyhouze, ItalianSpartacus, Cephalopocalypse, and Nizzar GG are my personal favorites. But be aware that they are on pc and not PS5, although that doesn’t really matter since you’re just looking for build information and not cheats or exploits.

• Like 1

I’m also using an Open-Hand Monk for my TAV and am loving it, but I recently respec-ed Karlach as a Throwing Barbarian and am absolutely wrecking everyone’s shit. I had been putting off the Adamantine Forge boss for days because I was terrified of what I saw online (I have difficulty with overly- busy combat due to my sight and reflexes not being what they used to be), but using Karlach as a TB, Wyll as a Dark Wizard, and the 3 Golem summon made this fight easier than my ex-wife.

• Like 1

It took a lot of quick saving, but I finally beat Mrykul. I used Paladin (MC), Shadowheart, Lae'Zel, and Karlach (maybe I should have used Gale or Wyll), but it still took me a while. Mrykul can deal significant damage. The guest character helper (I won't spoil it) helped a lot. I am nervous about Act 3, but I hope to beat Tactician Mode. I wish anyone else good luck on their Tactician runs. 

13 hours ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

Mrykul can deal significant damage.

This will be something that applies throughout the whole game, and with the way healing spells and potions are designed, it is better to not use them but instead deal more damage on your own ends. 

Crowd control or raw damage provides the easier solution compared to trying to play a traditional RPG/MMO party with a healer, but invisibility potions or haste potions offer a great deal of ulitily, and considering you can throw them to activate them on a different party member can sometimes make it a rescue.

Also remember you can use potions from any party members inventory, they dont need to be on the character you want to use them.

I couldnt wrap my head around how to fight the adamantium forge guardian on honor mode, so I simply abused the returning pike and physics: attacking from above.

But Mrykul simply died after 1 round of fighting.

Edited by Jinkelz
  • Like 1

Mrykul took me way longer than I would like to admit. I always forget I could throw potions. I need to try that. I am just happy to be in Act 3. So far just doing side quests and I am almost at level 10. I am worried about the Gortash, Orin, and the final boss fights (I already know I will try to use Invisibility to skip those CRAZY mob fights towards the end which I can't imagine how difficult they will be. 

Thanks for the tips and congrats on that 1 round Mrykul fight. I wish I could watch your fight!

4 hours ago, Jinkelz said:

This will be something that applies throughout the whole game, and with the way healing spells and potions are designed, it is better to not use them but instead deal more damage on your own ends. 

Crowd control or raw damage provides the easier solution compared to trying to play a traditional RPG/MMO party with a healer, but invisibility potions or haste potions offer a great deal of ulitily, and considering you can throw them to activate them on a different party member can sometimes make it a rescue.

Also remember you can use potions from any party members inventory, they dont need to be on the character you want to use them.

I couldnt wrap my head around how to fight the adamantium forge guardian on honor mode, so I simply abused the returning pike and physics: attacking from above.

But Mrykul simply died after 1 round of fighting.

Mrykul took me way longer than I would like to admit. I always forget I could throw potions. I need to try that. I am just happy to be in Act 3. So far just doing side quests and I am almost at level 10. I am worried about the Gortash, Orin, and the final boss fights (I already know I will try to use Invisibility to skip those CRAZY mob fights towards the end which I can't imagine how difficult they will be. 

Thanks for the tips and congrats on that 1 round Mrykul fight. I wish I could watch your fight!

Posted the same comment twice by mistake. Sorry

I think I will pass on this. Maybe one day when they will add crossplay my friend can help carry me through tactician mode, because my brain just simply cannot deal with this game lmao. Even normal mode is sometimes too hard for my smooth simpleton brain, it requires too much knowledge of deeper mechanics 🙄

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 6:43 PM, Justt--JD-- said:

Thank you for the tips and support. I didn't use any of the builds, but I appreciate your sharing. I managed to beat Tactician last night. Mrykul was the hardest part to beat for me. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I’ve found that using the right builds can get you through tactician mode fairly painlessly. I won’t lie, as much as I love these types of games I straight up suck at them. But using Karlach as a Throwing Barbarian and my MC as an open hand monk has gotten me up to halfway through act 3 on tactician. I play around with the other two slots, usually story-relevant. But Karlach is my constant. If I could have a team of just Throwing Barbarians, I would. Unfortunately there’s only one Ring of Flinging and one Nyrulna.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jobe13 said:

Honestly, I’ve found that using the right builds can get you through tactician mode fairly painlessly. I won’t lie, as much as I love these types of games I straight up suck at them. But using Karlach as a Throwing Barbarian and my MC as an open hand monk has gotten me up to halfway through act 3 on tactician. I play around with the other two slots, usually story-relevant. But Karlach is my constant. If I could have a team of just Throwing Barbarians, I would. Unfortunately there’s only one Ring of Flinging and one Nyrulna.

Nice! These were my final builds: 

Main Character (Atem) Build - LVL 12 Paladin/Mind Flayer/Hunted One - I was a Drow and The Dark Urge with the Slayer Form earned after the Orin Boss Fight! 

Shadowheart Build - LVL 12 Cleric - Trickery Domain/High Half Elf/Acolyte/Selune 

Karlach - LVL 9 Barbarian - Berserker/LVL 3 Fighter Champion/ Zariel Tiefling/Outlander 

Lae'Zel - LVl 12 Fighter - Battle Master/Githyanki/Soldier

The video shows all the permanent buffs and abilities that I used. Good luck with your Tactician run!