UltimateRyoshi's Ultimate Hunt

UltimateRyoshi

PROGRESS REPORT #2: "Another Year Ends..."

December 24-31, 2023

Hello, hello! I hope everyone had a nice holiday season! As 2023 comes to a close, it's time to do a retrospective of the yea- nah, just kidding. I'm barely getting started, after all! xD But I can share my progress for the week instead, so let's get to it!

L6a4747.png

Starwhal (NA, EU PS4, EU PS3)

I've started all 3 stacks of Starwhal (NA, EU PS4, and EU PS3 - it's interesting that the NA versions have a shared trophy list while the EU versions have separate ones) to get the hard part out of the way: Challenge Mode. This game is one of those local multiplayer games where the "party" aspect is the focus of the trophy list. However, the game also has a Challenge Mode featuring 32 courses that you need to get a Platinum Medal on for the platinum. It's a "time trial" mode where you (try to) control your narwhal and either make it to the finish line (denoted by a cube) or collect a bunch of hearts, all within specific times that are mainly tight and barely leave room for error. The good thing is that these courses are very short (the longest one has a Platinum 25 seconds), so while still overall challenging their shortness means that it doesn't take that long to best them. The biggest obstacle isn't really the courses themselves but the controls: you need to accelerate, turn, and stop at the right time to make it within the required times, and they do take a little while to get used to. It was a fun challenge, though! Besides the medals and their related trophies, there are 2 more trophies related to Challenge Mode: dying 100 and 1,000 times. Depending on how good you are, you can get all 32 Platinum Medals while dying less than 100 times - courses where you can die aren't numerous anyway, so it's probable for that to happen (in fact, it did while I was playing the NA version), especially if it's not your first time going for them. I struggled with the EU PS3 version the most, which isn't surprising given it's not as polished as the PS4 version.

I've compiled a video of all 32 Platinum Medals being obtained, featuring my best run of each course from the NA and EU PS4 versions:

Spoiler

With the rest of the trophy list being mindless grinding, that's 3 more platinums in the bag! There wasn't any stabbing involved this time, but it'll happen during the grind!

Ldbdf1f.png

Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!! (EU Vita, NA Vita, JP Vita)

Let's jump into another ArcSys game, this time from one of my top favorite fighting game series: Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!! Remember, folks: 5 exclamation marks!

I've started playing the 3 Vita stacks, and my biggest priority is getting the online trophies and "miscellaneous trophies that are much easier against a human player" (that most fighting games have) out of the way. There's a catch here, though: for some reason, there's no ad-hoc in the Vita versions of Love Max! This means that the latter category of trophies can only be done online if you wanna do them the easy way, which is still fine as long as the servers stay fine. With that said, I've obtained the following trophies in each of the Vita stacks through self-boosting:

• All online trophies: playing an online match with a custom title, fighting all the characters online, playing 1 Player Match, and winning (not just playing, the JP stacks have the correct description) 100 Ranked Matches;
  • Most of the Arcana-related trophies, the 3 exceptions being:
    • Spear of Destiny for successfully using "Claiomh" three times in a single battle, which is easier to go for in one of the trials;
    • Tag! You're It! for keeping a single "Sicilis" attack on-screen for at least ten seconds, which is easier to go for against Ragnarok in Story Mode;
    • ...Sincerest Form of Flattery for seeing every version of "Phasma" and "Phantasia", for which I'm missing Ragnarok and Parace L'Sia as I've already done that against all 23 playable characters;
  • Some miscellaneous trophies, mostly for winning a round using a certain move;

I remembered early on to use best girl Angelia to make some progress towards the You Only Have Eyes for Me! trophy for maxing a character's LP level. The Arcana-related trophies are really straightforward, easy, and don't require you to pull off any combos (with the exception of Voice of Hope and Reason for executing a 50-hit combo using only the special moves and super moves of the Arcana of Sound, which still isn't hard at all). I still have self-boosting to do for the link animations, so my second Vita will come in handy some more for these 3 stacks. Stay tuned for tons more Arcana Heart in the future as I go for all the stacks again!

L734dc3.png

Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends (PS3)

Much like my second Vita, my second PS3 will be very helpful once again as I (self) boost many of the PS3 games that are (surprisingly) still up before their inevitable demise. Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends is one of them, and self-boosting allows you to save a good amount of time here. The online trophies are straightforward but take quite some time: you need to reach the Master Panda ranking, which needs 5,000 XP. It may not sound like a lot, but the highest amount of XP you can get per win is 8 XP, which occurs when the other player quits or disconnects from the match (a regular win gets you 4 XP). Divide 5,000 by 8 and you get a total of 625 wins with that method, with each match taking around a minute from setting up the lobby to finishing the match (so more than 10 hours for all 625 wins). The boosting method goes as follows:

1. Set up a lobby with the main player
  2. Join the lobby with the other player
  3. Start the match with the main player
  4. Quit the match with the other player
  5. Rinse and repeat 624 more times

As I don't have a second PS4 or a PS5 (yet), I'm not sure when I'll go for the online trophies in the PS4 version. But the online trophies in the PS3 version are done, which essentially leaves the meat of the offline portion: beating Tournament of Legends with 20 characters. I'll get to it next year!

L927b2d.png

Split/Second

I thought I'd squeeze in the online trophies for this game while writing this progress report and just chilling in general since you can almost entirely idle them. They pretty much require you to:

• Beat a member of the development team or someone who has beaten them for the Team BlackRock trophy - one of those "viral" trophies you get by beating someone who already has this trophy;
  • Beat an opponent with an online form of 10 or better for the Giant Killer trophy;
  • Get an online form of 1 for the World Beater trophy - basically meaning you have to reach the highest rank in the online portion

In other words, if getting help from another player with an online form of 1 then you need to win 98 games against them. The boosting method is explained below:

1. Set up a private Eliminator lobby on any track (Downtown Central works just fine) while removing AI racers in the lobby options with the main player and invite the other player
  2. Once the other player joins, the main player picks a faster car while the other player picks a slower car
  3. Start the event with the main player
  4. Do nothing for a minute. The main player's car being faster than the other player's car will automatically end up in front of it when both cars stop, leading to a win for the main player
  5. Rinse and repeat when both players get back to the lobby

Each event takes around 2 minutes (loading screens included), so this process only takes a little more than 3 hours in total. Another set of online trophies done, and Split/Second is one of the many games I look forward to (re)playing next year!

Besides all of that progress, I've joined the Ultra Rare Cleanup 2024 event! That's the "certain event on PSNP" I mentioned in Progress Report #1. A surprising reveal that no one could've guessed, amirite? Here's my Tier 1 list, which I plan to complete in this order:

Spoiler

YgzVBmf.png

I've already mentioned the first three games so I'm going to write a bit about the last two on the list. Red Faction and Red Faction II are two of the Q1 Most Wanted games in the UR Cleanup event, meaning they're worth extra points. I have more games from the Q1 Most Wanted list in my backlog but thought I'd do this for the Most Wanted games I have or may get: equally distribute them within different tiers instead of filling tiers with them. I'm already familiar with Red Faction so it'll be another nice game to revisit, leaving Red Faction II as the only game on the Tier 1 list that I haven't played before. I look forward to delving into each tier and adding lots of UR completions to my profile!

That's it for this progress report. I'm really eager to build my profile and complete many (fun) games! Thanks for reading, and I'll see you in 2024. Happy New Year!

himiko-danganronpa-v3.gif

Edited by UltimateRyoshi
  • Like 3

PROGRESS REPORT #3: "New Year, New Verdict"

January 1-7, 2024

Greetings, and welcome to my first progress report of 2024! We're kicking the year off in style with 2 platinums and a cool new game. Let's get in there!

1Lc0022f.png

Transcendence
Earn all the trophies in the game

:platinum: #1WipEout Omega Collection

Game Enjoyment: 9/10

Platinum Difficulty: 7/10

And here it is, my first platinum! I'm happy for it to be WipEout Omega Collection, especially with a platinum name I really dig. Continuing from Progress Report #1, all I had left was boosting the 3 online trophies which my friend @Honor_Hand kindly helped me with. Thanks again for that! The online trophies in Omega have been drastically toned down from their HD and 2048 counterparts, just requiring you to do the following:

• Destroy 50 ships in Online Eliminator or Combat Events for the 50 Kills trophy - quick and easy to do on the Sol 2 track where the main player goes back and forth between the 2 weapon pads at the start and the other player keeps running off the track and barrel rolling to take as much damage as possible until they're at a low ship energy, thus enabling the main player to finish them off with a single weapon use;
  • Win 10 online races for the Connected 2 trophy - I picked Anulpha Pass for this trophy since it's a really straightforward track

That's it when it comes to WipEout. It was a fun ride, I certainly enjoyed revisiting this game!

Platinum Screenshot:

Spoiler

vFnX3o9.jpg

1L32f6a3.png

Cosmic Baller
Unlocked all game trophies.

:platinum: #2Starwhal (EU PS3)

Game Enjoyment: 7/10

Platinum Difficulty: 5/10

Remember the stabbing I mentioned in Progress Report #1? Starwhal involves lots of it during the grinding bits, which consist of:

• Shattering 1000 blocks of Ice for the Ice Breaker trophy
  • Playing 1,000 rounds of Versus for the NEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRD!!!!!!! trophy
  • Accumulating 4096 total points in Score Attack for the Developer X is pleased trophy
  • Stabbing 3,000 hearts in Classic mode for the Stabby stabby stab trophy

All of those trophies can be done with a second controller, which makes them really easy (albeit grindy). Besides the Ice Breaker trophy where you stab ice, the other trophies require you to stab the second controller thousands of times. You can turbo all of those grinds, but as I don't have a turbo controller I had to manually grind them. It's a process that took a few hours per trophy but wasn't that bad. The PST.org trophy guide states that "all cumulative total trophies must be done in a single session without turning off the game" but that's thankfully not the case in the EU PS3 version, as the game froze once and I had to quit it twice because I got signed out of PSN and the game stopped registering any inputs thereafter. The 1.01 patch may have fixed that or the issue may have not been present from the start in the EU PS3 version, so there shouldn't be an issue with going for those grindy trophies over different sessions there.

With those two platinums obtained, two of my five Tier 1 games are done. Here's my updated Tier 1 list:

Spoiler

CScXw0z.png

I'll go back to Starwhal in the future as I still have 2 more stacks to go, but with this one done it's time to move on to a new game.

L3e92a2.png

Armored Core: Verdict Day

Armored Core. A series I've heard of many times but that never piqued my interest enough... until now. It wasn't until a server shutdown announcement and the incredible @CelestialRequiem offering to help me with the game that I decided to just get in there. And I gotta say, I'm glad I finally did. My first impressions of the game are mostly positive: it looks great, plays well, and feels good. The only thing that's kind of a bother is the cumbersome UI which makes navigating the game confusing at times, but I do like the unique way it's built in and the many features it has that you rarely see elsewhere. I gotta single out the customization in particular, there are lots of customization parts and options which is really nice to see. Another thing worth highlighting is the advanced combat system - it's not your run-of-the-mill mech game where you just run and gun, there's strategy involved a lot of the time which will prove to be crucial later on.

The platinum journey is divided into Story Mode, World Mode, and Hardcore Mode, as well as many miscellaneous trophies for taking a screenshot, assembling an AC, editing an emblem, joining a team, etc. The Story Mode part entails beating all 60 Story Missions with an S rank and completing all subquests for all Story Missions (all of which can be done and made easier in co-op), which also gets you to Player Rank S for its associated trophy. A huge shoutout to @CelestialRequiem who guided me through the game/menus and helped me with Story Mode and the miscellaneous trophies, I appreciate it very much!

Up next, World Mode which involves beating all of the World Bosses. Another mode that features co-op, and this one lets you play with multiple co-op partners (unlike Story Mode where you can only have 1 co-op partner). This will be my next focus, along with Arcana Heart 3: Love Max (EU Vita) for the third completion of my Tier 1 list.

That's it for this progress report, thanks for reading and I'll see you next time!

• Like 3

Happy to help. 

It's like I try to explain the appeal of Armored Core to people -- it's 50% intellect and 50% skill. Verdict Day does suffer from some pretty insane menus. Fucking NO WHERE does it tell you that you can launch story sorties through the player information portion, instead of trying to navigate the continents in a non-linear manner. 

Glad you're digging it so far. 

• Like 4

Hey there, Ultimate Fisherman! Let's go with that because I think it has a really nice ring to it. ;D

Sorry that it took me so long to check on your checklist here, my friend. I have no idea how I didn't notice it until yesterday when you mentioned me here. I am happy to see that you're back into gaming and with such a positive attitude. Not only that but the selection of titles you have there to enjoy are sure to provide you with ample fun and challenge.

Congrats on that very first Trascendence platinum. Pretty cool of you to make a racing game your first plat. And that Wipeout Omega Collection is certainly a treat when it comes to challenging futuristic racing games. It's a shame we haven't seen anything newer in that series since then.

Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!!, with its 5 very specific exclamation marks; you're probably the only gamer I know that would be crazy enough to try and plat all the stacks all over again. It really is one heck of a waifu fighting game, but damn, that's way too much online grinding for anyone. xxD

I'm going to close my reply here by saying that, if you go back to Granblue Fantasy Versus, you might want to pick Yuel's DLC if you want to have some extra fun playing the game. Trust me, she adds that "special something" to every fight she takes part in. ;3

ZFyg73B.jpg

Man... It really is a shame one cannot use nude mods on PlayStation in the same way as our PC brethren can. xxD

• Like 4

PROGRESS REPORT #4: "Armored L'Sia: Parace Day"

January 8-14, 2024

Hello everyone, it's time for another progress report! My armored and Arcana-filled adventures continue with some decent progress in both games as well as a brief revisit of another game. Let's check that out!

L3e92a2.png

Armored Core: Verdict Day

I had a crack at some of the World Bosses this week with the help of @CelestialRequiem, Chettlar, Mammba-, and InFamousIceman. Due to his low rank, Iceman was the Operator throughout these runs, meaning he used waypoints on his interactive map for us to pinpoint enemies more easily. The rest of us were in the center of the action with @CelestialRequiem guiding us through each of the World Bosses we attempted thanks to his very useful tips, AC builds, and assistance on the battlefield. First up was Exusia, a boss that employs thermal missiles and lasers as its main attacks and cycles between Shielded and Unshielded phases when it's invulnerable and vulnerable to damage respectively. It was easily dispatched with a tank build (just like the one in this video), and we moved on to our second World Boss: Grey Lotus. This fight consists of multiple spinning enemies that mainly use thermal lasers at you and periodically stop spinning, which allows you to target and damage them more easily - another simple fight with that awesome tank build. The last fight we bested featured multiple To-605A, To-605S, and To-605D. It was a bit tricky but nothing too bad, you mostly have to keep jumping between buildings and dodging enemy fire as much as you can while firing like hell at them (like this, but without dying halfway through xD). We also attempted to dispatch Motherwill, but that ended badly as we all died before we could reach it.

3 World Bosses down, 4 more to go! The annoying thing about them is that you can't choose them at will as you get a random fight whenever you go on a Special Sortie (unless there's a War reset on the server, but that only happens for 1 hour every 8 days or so). But still, it was a fun time and I look forward to having a go (or rather, many goes) at the other World Bosses. The hardest ones are yet to come, but I'll be sure to give it my all whenever they do!

L6af52f.png

Starwhal (EU PS4, NA)

Starwhal again! But before you get excited thinking there was lots of stabbing involved: there wasn't. I briefly went back to the EU PS4 and NA versions to get these 3 very quick trophies:

• Mine, All Mine! for winning a Versus Heart Throb match being the sole holder of the Heart;
  • Come at me, bro! for taunting 25 times in a single match;
  • Master of their Domain for holding a Zone for 45 consecutive seconds

Very easy and quick to do with a second controller, so there's nothing more to say here. I'll save my breath for what's coming up instead:

Ldbdf1f.png

Arcana Heart 3: Love Max! (EU Vita)

Oh boy, am I excited for this part: Parace L'Sia is down! She took me 28 minutes to defeat, which is a pretty good time when you consider how luck-based the fight is with Angelia. It boils down to this: completely fill your Arcana Gauge with the Metal Arcana (4E) then unleash your Critical Hearts at Parace L'Sia. Sounds easy, right? It would be if Parace didn't continuously spam you with her many attacks. That's where luck plays its part: you need to be lucky enough to where you can do that without dying, which involves continuously retrying and hoping her AI "plays nice" enough to let you beat her. Getting that occasional Critical Heart that KOs her in one hit is a nice bonus but not required to defeat her. The Angelia method pretty much trivializes the skill element since you don't have to fight her normally that way (which would've been a much bigger nightmare xD). All you need is (a lot of) patience and perseverance: it could take a handful of tries (as it once took me) or a handful of hours depending on the RNG factor.

Parace going down means I've completed the entirety of Trial Mode as well - in other words: getting all Bronze, Silver, and Gold Medals in that mode. Defeating Parace is by far the hardest medal in Trial Mode, the remaining medals are nowhere near as bad but do require you to switch between different Arcanas a few times to complete them all (and get a couple of trophies such as Spear of Destiny for successfully using "Claiomh" three times in a single battle [easily done in Silver Trial 4] and ...Sincerest Form of Flattery for seeing every version of "Phasma" and "Phantasia" [Parace L'Sia is one of the characters you have to do that against and she's only available to fight in Trial Mode]). Based on that and since I plan to go for all the Love Max stacks, I'm writing down a comprehensive Trial Mode walkthrough that aims to eliminate those confused and indecisive "what do I do now?" kinds of moments, because I certainly had them when going through this mode. xD Here's a draft version of it, I'll see if I can eliminate one of the earlier runs but I'm not sure if it's feasible due to Trial 3 needing 7 different moves for the Bronze Medal:

Spoiler

ARCANA HEART 3: LOVE MAX!!!!!

TRIAL MODE WALKTHROUGH (W/ ANGELIA AVALLONE)

BY ULTIMATERYOSHI

Trial requirements for easy reference (SOURCE😞

VMtruNX.jpg

Angelia Trial 9 (Bronze Trial 9, Gold Trial 9):

r8RxpgN.png

VITA CONTROLS:

Go to Button Settings and configure the below buttons that you will often use during Trial Mode:

• L button -> A+B+C
  • R button -> A+B
  • :cross: -> D (homing attack) or E (Arcana) depending on the trial

NOTES:

• You can get Bronze/Silver/Gold Trial 3 in one go and Bronze/Silver/Gold Trial 6 in one go when you reach each one
  • Clearing a numbered trial takes you to the next available tier of that number when reaching said number again (e.g. Bronze Trial 1 -> Silver Trial 1 -> Gold Trial 1)
  • You must win the match when clearing a trial to advance to the next numbered trial
  • No need to clear trials again once cleared, you can just defeat opponents normally
  • Arcana Gauge carries over for a couple of matches when going through cleared trials again (from Trial 1 to Trials 2 and 3, it resets at Trial 4 and doesn't carry over afterwards from what I've noticed)

WALKTHROUGH:

Run 1: Normal Angelia w/ Time Arcana

Aim: Clear Gold Trial 3 that needs Time Arcana and unlock Silver Trial 4 (for the Spear of Destiny trophy) by clearing Bronze Trial 4.

• Bronze Trial 1: jA (15 times)
  • Bronze Trial 2: 5A 5B in quick succession (20 times)
  • Bronze/Silver/Gold Trial 3: A+B+C 236A+B+C to stop time then:  jB jA 5A 5B 5C 6C 5E 2A 2B 2C 2E 214A+B 41236A+B <-- after some thinking and testing, I figured out that this is the best combo to do as it's the easiest to memorize and involves the simplest of moves - it really can't get any easier than that (I got it done on my first try with that combo)
  • Bronze Trial 4: :up: 5D 5A in quick succession (5 times)

Run 2: Normal Angelia w/ Lightning Arcana (Spear of Destiny run)

Aim: Obtain the Spear of Destiny trophy in Silver Trial 4 (given how easier it makes the trophy to obtain).

• Silver Trial 1: 5A :up: in quick succession (10 times)
  • Silver Trial 2: 5B A+B+C 5B in quick succession (3 times)
  • Silver/Gold Trial 3: defeat the opponent normally
  • Silver Trial 4: 5B or 5C when Kira attacks (20 times) - for Spear of Destiny, quickly input 623E when a clash occurs (3 times needed for the trophy)

Run 3: Normal Angelia w/ Time Arcana

Aim: Clear Gold Trial 2 that needs Time Arcana (in case Gold Trial 3 is still not cleared then clear it during this run as well)

• Gold Trial 1: 5C for the entire round (1 round)
  • Gold Trial 2: A+B+C 236A+B+C to stop time then: jA 5A (3 times)
  • Gold Trial 3: see above if still needed, otherwise return to Character Select

Run 4: Normal Angelia w/ Metal Arcana (Bronze Arcana run)

Aim: Clear all remaining Bronze Trials and defeat Scharlachrot (for the Bronze Arcana trophy).

• Gold Trials 1-3: defeat the opponents normally
  • Gold Trial 4: A+B+C then normal attacks during Extend Force, repeat for the entire round (1 round)
  • Bronze Trial 5: 2C 5D 2C in quick succession (5 times)
  • Bronze/Silver/Gold Trial 6: 4E to fill all 3 bars during first round (lose first round so you can have 2 tries), then when second round starts: quickly land some normal attacks then use Extended Critical Heart (spam A+B+C) to finish off opponent (1 round)
  • Bronze Trial 7: A+B+C near opponent (3 times) - it doesn't count if it's blocked
  • Bronze Trial 8: A+B+C then 214A+B+C (3 times)
  • Bronze Trial 9: have 2 Arcana Gauge bars then lower enemy HP to red and input: 214A+B then 41236A+B (1 round)
  • Bronze Trial 10: 4E to completely fill Arcana Gauge then defeat Scharlachrot with Critical Hearts

Run 5: Normal Angelia w/ Metal Arcana (Silver Arcana run)

Aim: Clear all remaining Silver Trials and defeat Angelia (for the Silver Arcana trophy).

• Gold Trials 1-4: defeat the opponents normally
  • Silver Trial 5: hold 5A or 5B or 5C for 50+ seconds (making sure to run around and avoid opponent during that time – getting hit is okay and doesn’t ruin the attempt) then unleash
  • Silver/Gold Trial 6: see above if still needed, otherwise just defeat opponent normally
  • Silver Trial 7: 4E to completely fill Arcana Gauge during first round (lose first round so you can have 2 tries), then when second round starts: do a Critical Heart then run around and avoid opponent for the rest of the round (1 round)
  • Silver Trial 8: lower opponent HP to red then input: A+B+C 236A+B+C (1 round)
  • Silver Trial 9: 4E to completely fill Arcana Gauge during first round (lose first round so you can have 2 tries), then when second round starts: lower opponent HP to half then do Critical Heart (Extended Critical Heart is fine) (1 round)
  • Silver Trial 10: 4E to completely fill Arcana Gauge then defeat Angelia with Critical Hearts

Run 6: Normal Angelia w/ Metal Arcana (Gold Arcana run - also includes I am Become Death... trophy)

Aim: Clear all remaining Gold Trials and defeat Parace L'Sia (for the Gold Arcana and I am Become Death... trophies).

• Gold Trials 1-4: defeat the opponents normally
  • Gold Trial 5: same as Silver Trial 5
  • Gold Trial 6: see above if still needed, otherwise just defeat opponent normally
  • Gold Trial 7: 4E to completely fill Arcana Gauge during first round (lose first round so you can have 2 tries), then when second round starts: do the first Critical Heart then run around and avoid opponent until Arcana Gauge recharges, then do a second Critical Heart to defeat opponent (1 round)
  • Gold Trial 8: A+B+C then 214A+B+C, repeat for the entire round (1 round)
  • Gold Trial 9: same as Silver/Gold Trial 5
  • Gold Trial 10: 4E to completely fill Arcana Gauge then defeat Parace L’Sia with Critical Hearts - godspeed and may RNGeebus be with you ;-;7

Run 7: Normal Angelia w/ Mirror Arcana

Aim: Use Mirror Arcana against Parace L'Sia since she's only available to fight in Trial Mode and is one of the required characters for the ...Sincerest Form of Flattery trophy.

• Gold Trials 1-9: defeat the opponents normally
  • Gold Trial 10: use Phasma (236E), air Phasma (j236E), Phantasia (236236E) and air Phantasia (j236236E) against Parace L'Sia, then lose the fight and exit to Main Menu

I hope the above walkthrough will help someone else as well! I'll finalize it later (feedback is welcome!) and who knows, with the notes I'm taking and plan to take for this game...

Anyway, this Love Max platinum is in the bag as I just have some mindless grinding left! Here are the 3 trophies I have left for the platinum:

• It's Moving... for unlocking all of the link animations in Gallery Mode;
  • I Remember EVERYTHING! for unlocking all of the "Memories" side-stories;
  • You Only Have Eyes for Me! for MAX!!!!!ing out a character's LP level

I'll write about the other modes later. There's plenty more Love Max to experience, after all! I'll just leave this nifty trick here before I end this progress report. It works for all 3 Vita stacks and saves quite a bit of time!

Thanks for reading and commenting, I appreciate it! It's been fun writing these progress reports and I won't stop doing so anytime soon, that's for sure. See you all next time!

Edited by UltimateRyoshi
  • Like 4

Yo, excellent progress report. Safe to say you're having a blast playing Armored Core there. I know virtually nothing about the series but it's nice to see you kicking ass online and defeating those World Bosses. Good luck against those future, more tricky challenges you have ahead in the game. ^^

In terms of AH3:LM!!!!!, beating Parace in around 28 minutes is one awesome accomplishment. That fight against her is entirely luck-based, at least for us mortals who use the Angelia method. It can very well take 3 minutes or 3 hours depending on luck alone. I cannot even fathom how a regular player would go about to try and legit beat Parace. She's just insane with all the crazy shit she spams on you. The best way to beat her, honestly, is with Angelia, the Metal Arcana, and just hoping the RNG will favor you in landing the required Critical Hearts you need.

That walkthrough you have there of how to go about beating Trial Mode with Angelia looks pretty darn solid, too. It's interesting how you mix and match different Arcanas depending on the objectives you have to do. It's been a while since I went through the game but I remember using mainly the Metal and Light Arcanas when I went through it. If I ever complete a second playthrough, I'll be sure to give those other arcanas a go to make my life easier. x3

• Like 2