Virtua Fighter 5 (same game?)

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown was an update to Virtua Fighter 5. 

It includes all of the new additions in Virtua Fighter 5 R, such as the new character

Jean Kujo and the return of Taka-Arashi, as well as new stages, costumes, and animations.

Spoiler

Yes - I Googled this because I used to play VF, but wasn't exactly sure🤣

Edited by TheDarkKratos

12 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown was an update to Virtua Fighter 5. 

It includes all of the new additions in Virtua Fighter 5 R, such as the new character

Jean Kujo and the return of Taka-Arashi, as well as new stages, costumes, and animations.

Hide contents

Yes - I Googled this because I used to play VF, but wasn't exactly sure🤣

So if I buy this physical disc, will it update to VF5 FS? 

32 minutes ago, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

I don't know for certain. But I have done some research, and it says that VF5 should update to include the FS features, characters etc.

Once again, I don't know if this means the retail disc version will update accordingly (it should do). Or only the digital version will update.

I would guess that it would apply to both. But don't buy it if it's too expensive on disc, and I am not 100% sure. But if you really want it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

I don't know for certain. But I have done some research, and it says that VF5 should update to include the FS features, characters etc.

Once again, I don't know if this means the retail disc version will update accordingly (it should do). Or only the digital version will update.

I would guess that it would apply to both. But don't buy it if it's too expensive on disc, and I am not 100% sure. But if you really want it.

Only $2.50, so no big loss if it doesn’t.

5 hours ago, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

No, unfortunately it won't. The Japanese version seemingly got updated to version 1.01 back in 2007, although I'm not entirely sure if it actually came pre-patched or not, at least I wasn't able to find a single patch file on the internet. The North American and European releases of VF5 definitely never received an update and are still on version 1.00. Sega couldn't even implement online play because the arcade version the PS3 version was based on didn't feature support for it. The Xbox 360 port from late 2007 on the other hand, which was based on a newer revision of the arcade game, does feature online play and a bunch of other minor improvements over the PS3 version. However, I'd still say it's $2.50 well-spent, there are certainly worse things you can buy for that amount of money. :)👍

Also, here's the source for 'no online play on PS3', originally posted in early 2008: https://archive.ph/20120715233226/http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165460#selection-843.1-843.514

Along with the patch details, Sega released a short FAQ to answer a few burning questions fans may have. Noteworthy bits of information include: no further plans for game updates after this patch; no further plans for additional downloadable items (including any version C items from the Japanese arcade); and once and for all, no, there won't be a patch to allow online play for the PlayStation 3 version -- it's simply impossible, as they weren't able to include the ability to update the game when it launched.

• Like 1