*HELP* Optimal Roadmap for Platinum

Optinooby

Evil is pretty difficult, even on NG+, you die in about 3-4 hits and the last few levels throw alot of enemies (including mini bosses) at you at once. You spend most of your time dodging and getting in the occasional hits.

The key to getting through Evil is the maxed out electric weapons and skills, some of which you don't get until the last few levels. 

I recommend a normal playthrough for finding all the cash and chests, another for maxing out all skills and upgrades and then a final Evil playthrough.

Ben-Gun was my go to for all the collectible locations

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

Evil is pretty difficult, even on NG+, you die in about 3-4 hits and the last few levels throw alot of enemies (including mini bosses) at you at once. You spend most of your time dodging and getting in the occasional hits.

The key to getting through Evil is the maxed out electric weapons and skills, some of which you don't get until the last few levels. 

I recommend a normal playthrough for finding all the cash and chests, another for maxing out all skills and upgrades and then a final Evil playthrough.

Ben-Gun was my go to for all the collectible locations

Thanks, you don't need Lore for platinum do you??

If somebody did do Evil on playthrough 1, how far into NG+ would they have to go for all the upgrade trophies?? Just humour me please ;)

Im unsure how many upgrade materials you need, is it 50 total cash, and there is 25 cash per playthrough as an example. Or is it like there is 50 total cash and you need 35 total for all upgrades as an example??

It's useful to know even if you do plan on doing 2 playthroughs, because if you don't need them all, could be possible to avoid certain materials in both playthroughs that are too far out the way or difficult enemies along the way as an example?? Unless of course there is a trophy to get everything in 1 playthrough?? As an example, why get collectible #22 which is in a very hard, time extensive and difficult spot when you can just get a duplicate of a mega easy extra collectible in NG+!!?!

Or maybe there is a way to farm the upgrade material or is it a limited collectible type??

Thanks

Edited by Optinooby

You need about almost 2 full play throughs worth of money for upgrades anyways and I definitely don’t recommend doing evil on your first play through the amount of time you’d lose from trying to figure the bosses out and then actually beat them you could have done 2 play through anyways 😉

The practice definitely helps because my first stack of the game took me I think 17 hours play time to plat? Then for my 2nd stack I brought it down to 9 hours for the plat, not only that but your damage output and intake would be so unreasonably unbalanced late game bosses would ragdoll you about.  
IIRC my build had an ability where doing something (sorry I can’t remember the action), but it would regenerate your health a long with making use of the speical ability and lighting mods on NG+ you can tank a lot of things and using well timed combo attacks with melee was the way to go.

If you like I can re download the game and show my build because it made evil an absolute joke.

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

You need about almost 2 full play throughs worth of money for upgrades anyways and I definitely don’t recommend doing evil on your first play through the amount of time you’d lose from trying to figure the bosses out and then actually beat them you could have done 2 play through anyways 😉

The practice definitely helps because my first stack of the game took me I think 17 hours play time to plat? Then for my 2nd stack I brought it down to 9 hours for the plat, not only that but your damage output and intake would be so unreasonably unbalanced late game bosses would ragdoll you about.  
IIRC my build had an ability where doing something (sorry I can’t remember the action), but it would regenerate your health a long with making use of the speical ability and lighting mods on NG+ you can tank a lot of things and using well timed combo attacks with melee was the way to go.

If you like I can re download the game and show my build because it made evil an absolute joke.

Thanks, is it a case of there are too many upgrades that you will not get every one for platinum so you need to know which is best and you cant respec?

Or you will eventually get them all, just really helps if you know the best ones to unlock first?

Edited by Optinooby

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks, is it a case of there are too many upgrades that you will not get every one for platinum so you need to know which is best and you cant respec?

Or you will eventually get them all, just really helps if you know the best ones to unlock first?

You will get everything by the end however there’s quite a lot of abilities that sound like they are really good but in reality they’re borderline useless.

I’ll see if I can find the upgrade path I personally took to make it easy. 

18 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

You will get everything by the end however there’s quite a lot of abilities that sound like they are really good but in reality they’re borderline useless.

I’ll see if I can find the upgrade path I personally took to make it easy. 

Im talking more about planning an optimal platinum speedrun if one was to do so, not much so about just doing it myself once. So trying to figure out the absolute quickest and easiest less skill intensive way to do things. Its why im wondering it you need 100% upgrade cash from NG and 100% upgrade cash from NG+, because if not, I can avoid the harder and longer to get stuff in order to better plan that optimal platinum speedrun.

Ok thanks!

Ive read the energy stuff is quite good. I do plan to plan things out an hour or so ahead though anyway and I will perhaps replay each hour a few times to figure the optimal route, best abilities etc from that first hour

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Im talking more about planning an optimal platinum speedrun if one was to do so, not much so about just doing it myself once. So trying to figure out the absolute quickest and easiest less skill intensive way to do things. Its why im wondering it you need 100% upgrade cash from NG and 100% upgrade cash from NG+, because if not, I can avoid the harder and longer to get stuff in order to better plan that optimal platinum speedrun.

Ok thanks!

Ive read the energy stuff is quite good. I do plan to plan things out an hour or so ahead though anyway and I will perhaps replay each hour a few times to figure the optimal route, best abilities etc from that first hour

Looking forward to whatever you come up with. I saw this announced as one of next month's titles and instantly wondered if you had a guide for it or not already. Yours have been a godsend of late. You just got me through Separate Ways Professional S+ on RE4 yesterday! 

• Like 2