The Synchrony DLC

Can't wait for this fun DLC to release on consoles since it adds a lot of things and most importantly multiplayer! This will be a fun DLC to play with friends when it does eventually release for the console versions. One other thing I noticed is the Synchrony trophies on steam don't look to bad to complete so when they do go over to console they should be fairly doable. Of course when new trophies do release that of course means everyone's completion time will be messed up and everyone's current completion time will increase by the time they re 100% the game!

I think the Platinum difficulty will be a lot lower because of save scum. There is an option for saving a run and continuing later. With PS plus backup saves you can reload the previous save even if you fail. Sure it is still not easy to complete Coda with the save reload methode but I think I could platinum the game with that "trick".

Should be releasing soon, as we are close to the 2-year mark, which is when they finally release the DLC. Achievements do work in multiplayer mode, so most of the trophies will be cheeseable, although they did balance multiplayer by adding co-op only enemies which some require two people to defeat. Monk is also finally getting some inner peace and the three hearts he deserves, so now he has the same enemy count as Coda, but of course he still has wandering sprits. They even reworked the latency so it will finally be accurate and works on both normal tempo and double tempo. The Synchrony characters are definitely way easier than Amplified, so this will be a much easier and less stressful All Characters + Synchrony run. The Synchrony list is getting more achievements, so expect it to be more than the base game.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi

21 hours ago, JasseZocker said:

I think the Platinum difficulty will be a lot lower because of save scum. There is an option for saving a run and continuing later. With PS plus backup saves you can reload the previous save even if you fail. Sure it is still not easy to complete Coda with the save reload methode but I think I could platinum the game with that "trick".

This is a bummer, are the devs going to do anything about that? Is it even confirmed that this update is coming to consoles and if so when? 

2 hours ago, zemiguelreis said:

This is a bummer, are the devs going to do anything about that? Is it even confirmed that this update is coming to consoles and if so when? 

The devs are going to release the DLC on every other plattform but we dont have a certain date.

6 hours ago, zemiguelreis said:

Well, they did balance multiplayer by adding new co-op only enemies, but other than that, it still plays out exactly the same as a normal all zones run no increased enemy count nothing like that. Demi and Elad have said it going to other platforms on their Synchrony streams if you look at their other Crypt content it takes about 2 years before they actually release, they also said they will have some sort of announcement which will have the release date for the DLC plus showcasing stuff hidden in the full release only.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi

On 12/31/2023 at 1:14 PM, JasseZocker said:

People have raised these concerns on the ND discord and the devs there confirmed they would add measures to make sure people wouldn't be able to cheese trophies by save scumming with the new DLC. They mentioned they will store a "continuation tag" not synchronized with cloud saves that will be deleted when you continue a saved run, so if you try to reload a previous save after that tag has been deleted (meaning you already continued the saved run and presumably died) then it will no longer count for trophies or leaderboards.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rjri said:

People have raised these concerns on the ND discord and the devs there confirmed they would add measures to make sure people wouldn't be able to cheese trophies by save scumming with the new DLC. They mentioned they will store a "continuation tag" not synchronized with cloud saves that will be deleted when you continue a saved run, so if you try to reload a previous save after that tag has been deleted (meaning you already continued the saved run and presumably died) then it will no longer count for trophies or leaderboards.

Huh, that will be interesting to see, I have no knowledge of any dev having achieved that before. Now I'm curious enough to check if it's possible to break it when it comes out.

8 hours ago, rjri said:

This would be great but I'm not sure how they are going to pull it off...unless it requires some kind of online connection I don't think it will work playing offline. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2024 at 4:31 AM, zemiguelreis said:

They did say they would do something about it, making it so you can't earn achievements using that strat, once again still meaningless as you can just hop into multiplayer with decent players, making the game much easier. They have recently changed the cover for Crypt on console and the little icon when looking in the trophies/achievements, so they should be getting close to finishing. If you want to see if they're updating the game, you can view their update history on the SteamDB. Most of the codes are encrypted, but it does tell you exactly when they updated something. They will also have some sort of announcement before releasing it, so whenever that releases, it should have the release date for the full release of this DLC.

Edited by Yukiko Miyamoto