How to turn Honour mode into Easy mode [Spoilers]

Arzoden

So i'm seeing a lot of people struggling on honour mode, and i thought i'd share what is in my opinion the easiest way to beat the game 

This is not gonna be anything heavily detailed stuff just something ''simple'' to help you start and maintain your honour journey without much fear of death

The biggest tip you need to know that i will highlight here is this 

Always keep enough Invisibility potions for the Netherbrain fight, if you go invis before climbing up the vine to the red dragon it will let you approach the brain with your whole party and use the crown, getting all your members inside as well as getting a suprise turn

So let's start... For your team comp you want a mix of control spells // Control AOE spells, physical damage and magical damage, so your best option is literally to go with THESE CLASSES (You can change everyone's classes)

Warlock - Pact of The Chain <- Click for Armor & Build Guide
Warrior - Battle Master <- Click for Armor & Build Guide 

Monk - Way of the open hand <- Click for Armor & Build Guide

Bard - Lore <- Click for Armor & Build Guide

Lore bard is especially good because you get an additional rest along with every rest restoring spell slots and ability slots. Meaning every short rest will fill your monk abilities, warlock spells, fighter maneuvers etc…

I do advise gearing and lvling according to the videos linked on the classes i wrote, it will make your characters even more overpowered and make this game's honour mode a walk in the park.

tip that I don’t think is mentioned in videos is to multiclass 1 LvL into life cleric on all characters so you can wear heavy armor and make them much tankier.

L
ast tip is to have “Camp clerics” This is essential if you wanna run easy mode, basically what you do is hire 3 hirelings from withers and spec them all into clerics, you use each of their permanent warding bond spells, that will make a total of 3 characters in your party very resistant to all forms of damage, magical and physical. You will need to check on your clerics once in a while to either heal them or long rest though as warding bond does create shared damage between you and the hirelings.

Here is a video guide on ''Camp Clerics'' Video made by -> Krypt0nite

just fyi i am aware you can use 1 camp cleric for warding bond but this is not at all optimal, you don't want 1 cleric having shared damage on your characters. Much better to split it up.

Also this video is just an example on how to set up camp hirelings, ignore most of what he says in the video about druids etc, just hire 3 hirelings and make them all clerics by changing their classes, at lvl 5 ish you get warding bond. simply cast warding bond on your frontliners

And that's all! Good luck everyone and feel free to ask any questions

Edited by Arzoden
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just want to throw this out there for everyone, in case it isn't known. If a battle you are in is going south and you don't think you are going to make it, hit the ps button on your controller and force close the game. This will bypass the exit save. When you load back in you should load back into the save prior to the fight. This will prevent your honor mode save from being wiped to custom. Make sure to do this before your whole party is wiped. If you are down to your last member or 2 and the enemy is cycling turns, exit before they finish you off.  Saved my butt a few times. 

To be extra safe turn your automatic save to cloud storage setting off and manually upload your save to the cloud every now and then. You can confirm that the difficulty hasn't changed by clicking the options button and selecting difficulty. It will show the honor mode placard as long as the save file is still good. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2024 at 8:40 PM, Arzoden said:

This is not gonna be anything heavily detailed stuff just something ''simple'' to help you start and maintain your honour journey
Warlock - Pact of The Chain <- Click for Armor & Build Guide
Warrior - Battle Master <- Click for Armor & Build Guide 

Monk - Way of the open hand <- Click for Armor & Build Guide

Bard - Lore <- Click for Armor & Build Guide

Are the builds shown here still good or have they been nerfed with recent patches?

On 1/6/2024 at 8:40 PM, Arzoden said:

tip that I don’t think is mentioned in videos is to multiclass 1 LvL into life cleric on all characters so you can wear heavy armor and make them much tankier.

Won't that significantly alter the builds shown in the videos?

Edited by bikeman223

On 2/23/2024 at 5:44 AM, zXShermanXz said:

Just want to throw this out there for everyone, in case it isn't known. If a battle you are in is going south and you don't think you are going to make it, hit the ps button on your controller and force close the game. This will bypass the exit save. When you load back in you should load back into the save prior to the fight. This will prevent your honor mode save from being wiped to custom. Make sure to do this before your whole party is wiped. If you are down to your last member or 2 and the enemy is cycling turns, exit before they finish you off.  Saved my butt a few times. 

To be extra safe turn your automatic save to cloud storage setting off and manually upload your save to the cloud every now and then. You can confirm that the difficulty hasn't changed by clicking the options button and selecting difficulty. It will show the honor mode placard as long as the save file is still good. 

Does this still work?

Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2024 at 12:33 PM, bikeman223 said:

Won't that significantly alter the builds shown in the videos?

No, it changes it slighty for the better. you wanna be more tanky as you take increased damage on honour mode and you have less hp

Normally it would be a waste, but the heavy armor you will be picking up from grymforge and other places are so immensly op you can not afford to loose out on it

Also keep in mind that Act 3 is a whole other ball game, difficulty ramps up fast. So it's still gonna be difficult, if you have camp clerics however fights like Orin will be a cakewalk 

6 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Can confirm that it still does. Nearly lost to the first three Intellect Devourers on the beach. 

Yes it works, but you still need to be very careful not to full team wipe before you exit game, always exit game before all your members die or it will mess up your save unless you load from cloud 

On 3/8/2024 at 11:41 AM, bikeman223 said:

Are the builds shown here still good or have they been nerfed with recent patches?

I don't really follow up on this game anymore but even if they are nerfed it's still gonna work, it's more so the comp combination that is godlike.

I will say though, use your warlock's Hunger of Hadar spell on blast all the time, it's gonna be your lifeline

Edited by Arzoden

19 hours ago, Arzoden said:

No, it changes it slighty for the better. you wanna be more tanky as you take increased damage on honour mode and you have less hp

Normally it would be a waste, but the heavy armor you will be picking up from grymforge and other places are so immensly op you can not afford to loose out on it

Also keep in mind that Act 3 is a whole other ball game, difficulty ramps up fast. So it's still gonna be difficult, if you have camp clerics however fights like Orin will be a cakewalk 

Yes it works, but you still need to be very careful not to full team wipe before you exit game, always exit game before all your members die or it will mess up your save unless you load from cloud 

I don't really follow up on this game anymore but even if they are nerfed it's still gonna work, it's more so the comp combination that is godlike.

I will say though, use your warlock's Hunger of Hadar spell on blast all the time, it's gonna be your lifeline

Thanks for the response. So far the builds seem to be working well so far, I'll keep in mind what you said here.

• Like 1

Late response to the classes, but I dont agree to the heavy armor thing.

My "felt best" honor mode was having 2 with "no armor". Dead enemies cant hurt you, same goes for enemies under any crowd control effect.

-> Monk / Way of the open Hand (simply stunning amazing), using +2 agility cloth (and advantage on any dexterity roll)

-> Barbarian (should have been a dwarf!, but was Karlach because Trophy) / Berserc (+4thief) = 4 throwing attacks per turn. using +2 strength cloth (which also doubles carry capacity of the character)

-> Cleric / Wisdom = with all equipment to increase spell difficulty -> 100%chance to command: hold almost every enemy including bosses, also no armor or light armor

-> Bard (Githyanki for using greatswords) / swords (+ 4paladin) = cleaving with level 5 divine smite critting = 2 kills per swing, using the ring to allow using incantation spells after attack (1 hit -> hold person -> 2nd hit), freedom to choose basically every armor up to medium class, I think I was using the YuanTI and replaced it later with a better exotic fabrics armor

Avoiding much of the fighting with being either a Bard (talk yourself favourable outcomes), a Githyanki (reason with your kin), or shaped into Drow (command those weaklings).

Fighting only when the story really didnt leave another way (no invisible cheesing of bosses that want to talk to you before).

During the whole gameplay only 1 yellow NPC died (Sazza, right at the start as I didnt rescue her, I guess I forgot), and 1 green NPC during the Steelwatch Forge fighting.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jinkelz said:

Late response to the classes, but I dont agree to the heavy armor thing.

My "felt best" honor mode was having 2 with "no armor". Dead enemies cant hurt you, same goes for enemies under any crowd control effect.

-> Monk / Way of the open Hand (simply stunning amazing), using +2 agility cloth (and advantage on any dexterity roll)

-> Barbarian (should have been a dwarf!, but was Karlach because Trophy) / Berserc (+4thief) = 4 throwing attacks per turn. using +2 strength cloth (which also doubles carry capacity of the character)

-> Cleric / Wisdom = with all equipment to increase spell difficulty -> 100%chance to command: hold almost every enemy including bosses, also no armor or light armor

-> Bard (Githyanki for using greatswords) / swords (+ 4paladin) = cleaving with level 5 divine smite critting = 2 kills per swing, using the ring to allow using incantation spells after attack (1 hit -> hold person -> 2nd hit), freedom to choose basically every armor up to medium class, I think I was using the YuanTI and replaced it later with a better exotic fabrics armor

Avoiding much of the fighting with being either a Bard (talk yourself favourable outcomes), a Githyanki (reason with your kin), or shaped into Drow (command those weaklings).

Fighting only when the story really didnt leave another way (no invisible cheesing of bosses that want to talk to you before).

During the whole gameplay only 1 yellow NPC died (Sazza, right at the start as I didnt rescue her, I guess I forgot), and 1 green NPC during the Steelwatch Forge fighting.

This looks like a good tactic as well for sure  😎💪

Just thought I would share how my Honour Mode builds turned out after using these videos. I gave the Hag's hair to my Warlock for the Charisma, the Potion of +2 STR to my fighter and was able to also use the Mirror of Loss on both of them

Main Character: Githyanki Level 12 Warlock - The Fiend (STR 8, DEX 14, CON 16, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 24)

Eldritch Invocations: Repelling Blast, Devil's Sight, Agonising Blast, Minions of Chaos, Mire the MInd, Sculptor of Flesh

Feats: Ability Improvement +2 CHA, Dual Wielder, War Caster

Passive Feature: Awakened, Slayer Knowledge, Forbidden Knowledge, 

Illithid Powers: Favourable Beginnings, Luck of the Far Realms, Concentrated Blast, Psionic Backlash, Cull the Weak, Force Tunnel, Displace, Repulsor, Psionic Overload, Shield of Thralls, Freecast, Displacer Beast Shape, Illithid Expertise, Black Hole, Fly, Mind Blast, Stage Fright, Force Tunnel, Transfuse Health 

Spells: Find Familiar, Hex, Command, Cloud of Daggers, Darkness, Hold Person, Scorching Ray, Fireball, Hunger of Hadar, Counterspell, Slow, Remove Curse, Blight, Polymorph, Banishment, Hold Monster, Eyebite

Gear: Birthright, Circlet of Psionic Revenge (early game), Cloak of the Weave, Potent Robe, Spidersilk armour (early game), Disintegrating Night Walkers, Spell Might Gloves, Daredevil Gloves (early game), Shifting Corpus Ring, Risky Ring, Spellcrux Amulet, The Spellsparkler, Knife of the Undermountain King

Second Character: Lae'Zel Level 12 Fighter - Battle Master (STR 24, DEX 14, CON 23, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 8 )

Battle Manoeuvres: Disarming Attack, Pushing Attack, Trip Attack, Menacing Attack, Feinting Attack, Rally

Feats: Athlete +1 STR, Great Weapon Master, Ability Improvement +2 STR, Savage Attacker

Illithid Powers: Favourable Beginnings, Luck of the Far Realms, Concentrated Blast, Psionic Backlash, Cull the Weak, Force Tunnel, Displace, Psionic Overload, Displacer Beast Shape, Black Hole, Fly, Stage Fright, Force Tunnel, Transfuse Health 

Gear: Grymskull Helm (Later replaced with Sarevok's Horned Helmet), Cindermoth Cloak, Reaper's Embrace, Adamantine Splint Armour (second set for early game), Helldusk Boots, Gauntlets of the Warmaster, Gloves of the Growling Underdog (early game), Caustic Band, Killer's Sweetheart, Amulet of Greater Health, Silver Sword of the Astral Plane, Sword of Justice (early game), Gontr Mael

Third Character: Karlach Level 8 Monk - Way of the Open Hand, Level 4 Rogue - Thief (STR 18, DEX 18, CON 16, INT 8, WIS 20, CHA 8 )

Feats: Tavern Brawler, Ability Improvement +2 WIS, Ability Improvement +2 WIS

Passive Feature: Volo's Ersatz Eye

Illithid Powers: Favourable Beginnings, Luck of the Far Realms, Concentrated Blast, Psionic Backlash, Cull the Weak, Force Tunnel, Displace, Repulsor, Psionic Overload, Shield of Thralls, Freecast, Displacer Beast Shape, Black Hole, Fly, Mind Blast, Stage Fright, Force Tunnel, Transfuse Health 

Gear: Horns of the Berserker, Fleshmelter Cloak, Vest of Soul Rejuvenation, Bloodguzzler’s Garb (early game), Boots of Uninhibited Kushigo, Gloves of Dexterity (sets DEX to 18), Bracers of Defense (early game), Ring of Protection, Crusher's Ring, Khalid's Gift, Sentient Amulet (early game), Hunting Shortbow, Corellon's Grace (discard once unarmed attacks become stronger)

Fourth Character: Gale Level 2 Cleric - Life Domain, Level 10 Bard - Collage of Lore (STR 8, DEX 14, CON 16, INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 18)

Feats: War caster, Ability Improvement +2 CHA

Illithid Powers: Favourable Beginnings, Luck of the Far Realms, Concentrated Blast, Psionic Backlash, Cull the Weak, Force Tunnel, Displace, Psionic Overload, Shield of Thralls, Freecast, Displacer Beast Shape, Black Hole, Fly, Stage Fright, Force Tunnel, Transfuse Health 

Spells: Guiding Bolt, Inflict Wounds, Speak with Animals, Dissonant Whispers, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Longstrider, Healing Word, Hold Person, Cloud of Daggers, Mass Healing Word, Hypnotic Pattern, Spirit Guardians, Counterspell, Glyph of Warding, Confusion, Greater Restoration, Hold Monster, Conjure Elemental, Dominate Person, Guidance

Gear: Helm of Balduran, Cloak of Protection, Adamantine Splint Armour, Boots of Genial Striding, The Reviving Hands, Hellrider’s Pride (early game), Ring of Salving, The Whispering Promise, Ring of Mind-Shielding (early game), Amulet of the Devout, Phalar Aluve, Viconia's Walking Fortress, Darkfire Shortbow

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Just thought I would share how my Honour Mode builds turned out after using these videos. I gave the Hag's hair to my Warlock for the Charisma, the Potion of +2 STR to my fighter and was able to also use the Mirror of Loss on both of them

Main Character: Githyanki Level 12 Warlock - The Fiend (STR 8, DEX 14, CON 16, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 24)

Eldritch Invocations: Repelling Blast, Devil's Sight, Agonising Blast, Minions of Chaos, Mire the MInd, Sculptor of Flesh

Feats: Ability Improvement +2 CHA, Dual Wielder, War Caster

Passive Feature: Awakened, Slayer Knowledge, Forbidden Knowledge, 

Illithid Powers: Favourable Beginnings, Luck of the Far Realms, Concentrated Blast, Psionic Backlash, Cull the Weak, Force Tunnel, Displace, Repulsor, Psionic Overload, Shield of Thralls, Freecast, Displacer Beast Shape, Illithid Expertise, Black Hole, Fly, Mind Blast, Stage Fright, Force Tunnel, Transfuse Health 

Spells: Find Familiar, Hex, Command, Cloud of Daggers, Darkness, Hold Person, Scorching Ray, Fireball, Hunger of Hadar, Counterspell, Slow, Remove Curse, Blight, Polymorph, Banishment, Hold Monster, Eyebite

Gear: Birthright, Cloak of the Weave, Potent Robe, Disintegrating Night Walkers, Spell Might Gloves, Shifting Corpus Ring, Risky Ring, Spellcrux Amulet, The Spellsparkler, Knife of the Undermountain King

Second Character: Lae'Zel Level 12 Fighter - Battle Master (STR 24, DEX 14, CON 23, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 8 )

Battle Manoeuvres: Disarming Attack, Pushing Attack, Trip Attack, Menacing Attack, Feinting Attack, Rally

Feats: Athlete +1 STR, Great Weapon Master, Ability Improvement +2 STR, Savage Attacker

Illithid Powers: Favourable Beginnings, Luck of the Far Realms, Concentrated Blast, Psionic Backlash, Cull the Weak, Force Tunnel, Displace, Psionic Overload, Displacer Beast Shape, Black Hole, Fly, Stage Fright, Force Tunnel, Transfuse Health 

Gear: Grymskull Helm (Later replaced with Sarevok's Horned Helmet), Cindermoth Cloak, Reaper's Embrace, Helldusk Boots, Gauntlets of the Warmaster, Caustic Band, Killer's Sweetheart, Amulet of Greater Health, Silver Sword of the Astral Plane, Gontr Mael

Third Character: Karlach Level 8 Monk - Way of the Open Hand, Level 4 Rogue - Thief (STR 18, DEX 18, CON 16, INT 8, WIS 20, CHA 8 )

Feats: Tavern Brawler, Ability Improvement +2 WIS, Ability Improvement +2 WIS

Illithid Powers: Favourable Beginnings, Luck of the Far Realms, Concentrated Blast, Psionic Backlash, Cull the Weak, Force Tunnel, Displace, Repulsor, Psionic Overload, Shield of Thralls, Freecast, Displacer Beast Shape, Black Hole, Fly, Mind Blast, Stage Fright, Force Tunnel, Transfuse Health 

Gear: Horns of the Berserker, Fleshmelter Cloak, Vest of Soul Rejuvenation, Boots of Uninhibited Kushigo, Gloves of Dexterity, Ring of Protection, Crusher's Ring, Khalid's Gift, Hunting Shortbow

Fourth Character: Gale Level 2 Cleric - Life Domain, Level 10 Bard - Collage of Lore (STR 8, DEX 14, CON 16, INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 18)

Feats: War caster, Ability Improvement +2 CHA

Illithid Powers: Favourable Beginnings, Luck of the Far Realms, Concentrated Blast, Psionic Backlash, Cull the Weak, Force Tunnel, Displace, Psionic Overload, Shield of Thralls, Freecast, Displacer Beast Shape, Black Hole, Fly, Stage Fright, Force Tunnel, Transfuse Health 

Spells: Guiding Bolt, Inflict Wounds, Speak with Animals, Dissonant Whispers, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Longstrider, Healing Word, Hold Person, Cloud of Daggers, Mass Healing Word, Hypnotic Pattern, Spirit Guardians, Counterspell, Glyph of Warding, Confusion, Greater Restoration, Hold Monster, Conjure Elemental, Dominate Person, Guidance

Gear: Helm of Balduran, Cloak of Protection, Adamantine Splint Armour, Boots of Genial Striding, The Reviving Hands, Ring of Salving, The Whispering Promise, Amulet of the Devout, Phalar Aluve, Viconia's Walking Fortress, Darkfire Shortbow

Congratz on 100% Bro! Really like this build, somewhat tempted to go back and try it lol 

40 minutes ago, Arzoden said:

Congratz on 100% Bro! Really like this build, somewhat tempted to go back and try it lol 

Thanks, the Warlock and the Monk were a lot of fun once they got past level 5. There were still a few close calls and tough bosses, I did skip the final boss with Gale's Orb. I'm interested to see what other builds there are for this game. I need to find another CRPG to sink my teeth into now.

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1

hi all,

my honour run is getting close.

I play now sorcloc, TB Throw, figter cleric archer and light cleric I fill I will bring first 3 to my honour run and wanna drop light cleric as it is usless with 1 action and 1 bonus action at lev 12. I was thinking about this Open Hand Monk but I am worrying the gear will overlap with first 3 chars. will see.

My question is do we know when the game auto saves? I know I can't load from game menu and need to PS -> close game but would like to know if for example there is a save after failed dice roll in conversation? are there any saves during fight? I believe DOS2 was saving during fight only when any character from party died. Does it autosave directly before fight or do we quick save?

And second question is about Dark Urge, do I have to play as this dragon person or can I choose the DU Origin and switch race and still get the DU trophies?

Thanks

Edited by Suporex

7 hours ago, Suporex said:

hi all,

my honour run is getting close.

I play now sorcloc, TB Throw, figter cleric archer and light cleric I fill I will bring first 3 to my honour run and wanna drop light cleric as it is usless with 1 action and 1 bonus action at lev 12. I was thinking about this Open Hand Monk but I am worrying the gear will overlap with first 3 chars. will see.

My question is do we know when the game auto saves? I know I can't load from game menu and need to PS -> close game but would like to know if for example there is a save after failed dice roll in conversation? are there any saves during fight? I believe DOS2 was saving during fight only when any character from party died. Does it autosave directly before fight or do we quick save?

And second question is about Dark Urge, do I have to play as this dragon person or can I choose the DU Origin and switch race and still get the DU trophies?

Thanks

As far as I know the game will autosave right before cutscenes or when entering certain fixed locations on the map (i.e. at the end of the Act 2 right before you step in the last door to fight Ketheric/Myrkul). It will also autosave whenever you long rest. That said, remember that the game will "save" the result of a dice roll attached to a dialogue option if you save at/before that dialogue option; it has behaved this way on all difficulties for a few patches now. So, it would be best not to try to save scum through specific dialogue options and instead just save before the start of a tough conversation, or at least to save at a dialogue option inside that conversation that does not have a roll attached to it. That way, you can just quit out and then reload if a specific roll for a choice goes wrong and then the roll will change next time. The game never autosaved for me when a party member died.

Open Hand Monk gear shouldn't overlap with your planned party I think. Graceful Cloth, Kushigo Boots, Gloves of Dexterity/Soul Catching/Bracers of Defense are generally sufficient for that for pretty much the whole game, at least from my experience, and there shouldn't be a competition for any of those.

Yes, the dark urge is fully customizable with respect to class, race, etc.

Edited by Brunkpryzak

15 hours ago, Suporex said:

I know I can't load from game menu and need to PS -> close game but would like to know if for example there is a save after failed dice roll in conversation?

Make sure to always try and bank inspiration points for the fights you'd really want to skip.

• Like 1