No "continue" option after exiting a hard mode game

Ah, this old crap that never got fixed.

If you ever want to exit and resume a game, quit and back out as far as you can go (the animated screen with just Isaac) wait about 7 seconds and then close the game.  It's the only way I ever do it now after losing countless in game runs.

23 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Ah, this old crap that never got fixed.

If you ever want to exit and resume a game, quit and back out as far as you can go (the animated screen with just Isaac) wait about 7 seconds and then close the game.  It's the only way I ever do it now after losing countless in game runs.

Doesn't work. :(

On 1/24/2024 at 5:29 PM, Dark_Overlord said:

That's very odd, the only thing I can say is wait a bit longer then.  It seems there is a huge delay on when the game is safe to be exited when the save file is being written to.

Select Exit Game, and no matter how long I wait. I can't continue it. The ''continue'' button is greyed out.

20 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

That's really odd then.  It might be a bug 😕

Were you by any chance using more than one controller?

No, never. Play alone.

It seems that this started when i unlocked The Lost.

Edited by Berrako_

• 4 weeks later...

Were you on an XL floor by any chance? I believe it's from the Curse of the Labyrinth.

I noticed that whenever I wanted to continue a game on one of those floors, it wouldn't save progress and my run was ended once I quit the game.

So to avoid it happening I always made a save at the boss room of the previous floor in case the next floor glitched on me.

Once I bought and installed the DLC the problem disappeared though!

9 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Were you on an XL floor by any chance? I believe it's from the Curse of the Labyrinth.

I noticed that whenever I wanted to continue a game on one of those floors, it wouldn't save progress and my run was ended once I quit the game.

So to avoid it happening I always made a save at the boss room of the previous floor in case the next floor glitched on me.

Once I bought and installed the DLC the problem disappeared though!

No. It doesn't matter on which floor or room or in which game mode I am.

When I press "Exit Game", and the game returns to the main menu, the ''Continue'' button is greyed out. Always.

So, I cannot "save" (cause the game should do this automatically). :(

Which DLC are you referring to? I have up to Afterbirth+

51 minutes ago, Berrako_ said:

No. It doesn't matter on which floor or room or in which game mode I am.

When I press "Exit Game", and the game returns to the main menu, the ''Continue'' button is greyed out. Always.

So, I cannot "save" (cause the game should do this automatically). :(

Which DLC are you referring to? I have up to Afterbirth+

Hmm, maybe I was lucky. I'm also playing the NA version so it might be a EU bug. For me the glitch only happened if I was playing on an XL floor. But once I installed the DLCs the glitch never happened again.

I have all the DLCs (so Afterbirth, Afterbirth+, and Repentance).

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2024 at 6:22 PM, Jerry_Appleby said:

Hmm, maybe I was lucky. I'm also playing the NA version so it might be a EU bug. For me the glitch only happened if I was playing on an XL floor. But once I installed the DLCs the glitch never happened again.

I have all the DLCs (so Afterbirth, Afterbirth+, and Repentance).

Nothing. I bought and installed the Repentance DLC, which was the only one I was missing, and the problem remains.

I thought maybe the bug was due to not having all the dlcs. But it has nothing to do with it.

10 hours ago, Berrako_ said:

Nothing. I bought and installed the Repentance DLC, which was the only one I was missing, and the problem remains.

I thought maybe the bug was due to not having all the dlcs. But it has nothing to do with it.

Hmm, I have no idea then. I also unlocked the Lost recently and completed all his hard mode marks. Went back to my usual characters and everything is working as normal, I'm able to save and quit whenever I want.

What version are you playing? Like console/region?

15 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Hmm, I have no idea then. I also unlocked the Lost recently and completed all his hard mode marks. Went back to my usual characters and everything is working as normal, I'm able to save and quit whenever I want.

What version are you playing? Like console/region?

Ps4Pro/EU

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

wonder if it's a pro issue?

I don't think so.

If it were Ps5, then it would make sense.

From what I'm researching in other forums, it seems that the dlc introduced many changes with the last patch. So if you didn't have Repentance installed (my case) that causes many failures in the savegame.

Edited by Berrako_

12 minutes ago, Berrako_ said:

I don't think so.

If it were Ps5, then it would make sense.

From what I'm researching in other forums, it seems that the dlc introduced many changes with the last patch. So if you didn't have Repentance installed (my case) that causes many failures in the savegame.

Have you tried it again with all dlc active ? do you own the repentance dlc? Might be possible that the full game negates your problem. It is true that many man things have been changed since repentance