A Glitched Mess

DearieHimemori

Unless if you are playing God of War on a budget and only have the Vita, this port of God of War is rife with two main game-breaking bugs, including:

• Bugged Trophies - The big elephant in the room. It's acknowledged that this port of the game is infamous for having a BUGGED TROPHY SYSTEM where you cannot gain trophies after exiting using the PS Button. It is unpatched for nearly 10 years after its initial release (May 2014) and there is a workaround. Unless you have the patience to ALSO deal with the constant crashing (it will be mentioned below), it is not worth it.
  • Crashes - With bugged trophies, you're also going to deal with the crashing, as you have to exit the whole game, restart the Vita to gain trophies again and repeat the process if the game crashes. To top it all off, these crashes often appear from out of nowhere in random. As of this writing, I'm still on the Atlas handle puzzle and the game crashed a total of nine times that it's ridiculous.

For all intents and purposes, stay away from this port of this beloved classic and play the PS3 version instead. Not only it is well-ironed but it seldom crashes at random and all trophies unlock normally as is.

Edited by DearieHimemori

• 1 month later...

As a Bachelor of Second Opinionry who studied at the stupendous University of American Samoa... thought I'd throw in my two coins for the ferryman.

My experience was not that of a glitched mess in the slightest. Granted, I did my due diligence as any Hunter ought'er... unsure about which of the various approaches to take, I just decided to combine as many as possible.

Offline. No touching the home button. No exiting the game. No turning off the console. Kept the trophy app thingy open alongside the game. Made an offering of a goat to Surgat, Opener of Locks (and Trophies). Hehe, the bastard didn't even notice it was a fake porcelain goat I stole from the local nativity play... more like Suckgat, am I rite?!?

Not a single problem. No crashes. No glitches. Perfect poppage. Hell, due to extenuating circumstances I was forced to turn off the console once. Did all the other things again and it was completely fine. Single digit framerates at times, sure, but that's about it... it's the Vita, what'd you expect? The touch pad gimmickry sucks seven shades of corn syrup but again... Vita. Getting through the actual games is hardly ideal and whosever deigns to dive into the series by the Way of Vita is inevitably short-changed... but it's cromulently doable.

Now, the backside to this is, it's impossible to tell which element(s) of this flustercuck of admittedly wholly needless contingencies did the trick... or whether it does any good if your game is already borked, which I suspect may tie into the reports of glitches and crashes as well. Some enterprising soul out there should take it upon themselves to stress test the efficacy of the various solutions and set the record straight once and for all. It would be easier if the Vita had a user account system like it should've always had.

These kinds of inept coding oversights are not exactly, shall we say, forgivable when people going in blind are still very liable to be maybe potentially a teensy little bit fucked through no fault of their own. I mean, do you even Vita, guys? Especially where the notoriously fickle PSV is concerned--and doubly so as it applies to less-than-optimized ports--the conscientious Hunter should always keep their wits about them and do the research.

Not an ideal situation, but quoth the great poet laureate Kurtis Blow: "These are the breaks. Break it up, break it up, break it up, breakdown."

• Like 3

I'm with our 2nd Opinionry PhD here. Sure, you glitch the trophies if you hit the home button and go back to the game, which shouldn't happen. It happened to me. I just got the trophy that glitched on me in a 2nd playthrough. I didn't have any other issues other than that, though. 

I think being able to play GoW on the Vita is pretty cool. I enjoyed it a ton. The glitched trophy was only mildly annoying.