Stats Nerds: For fun, what is your average PSNP Plat/S rarity?

TheBlaskar

We'll have to view these numbers in a vacuum as plats and completions are not created equally; game quality, trophy requirements (or if they're broken/glitchy, or even slightly obtainable atm), any online/MP trophies, etc. [etc. (etc.)] all impact rarity... heavily. BUT, for fun, if we were to average our rarities, what would they look like? Of course, we'll also have to separate them into groups:

• Plats with no DLCs
  • lists with Plats that do have DLCs
    • and lists without Plats
  • a master list of your final completion %'s

Plainly, your "P" Rating would just be the average rarity of all of your plats, but to refer to something as an "S" rating is confusing - is it the average of everything, minus the Plats on games with DLCs? So, here's what we'll do: we'll say that your "S" rating is the average of your 'green' percentages: your trophy lists that have DLCs (ignoring the plat percentage) and your trophy lists that don't have plats. Finally, your "True (T)" rating (the master list) will be the averages of your 'green' percentages' along with your average 'plat' rarity (excluding the plats that have DLCs, we'll just be taking the S rarity there)

After calculating mine, I'm a little embarrassed. So, I'll lean on my original disclaimers to not feel so bad about myself. After all, Elden Ring has a 40% so that's why mine's so high, right? 😰

Again, we have to view them in a vacuum... which means every My Name Is Mayo requires 9 Super Meat Boys to get the average plat rarity of just those 10 games to <10%. Yikes

So, here are my numbers:

P-Rating: 45.01%

S-Rating: 17.44%

T-Rating: 42.97%

Oof, maybe I shouldn't share my stats (disregard them, those are typos). My goal: 38% True Rating by EOY (I have quite a few games on my list so a 5% drop is a lot of work). Does anybody here have a sub-25%? Based on my numbers, that's incredible. You've managed to avoid easy games like none other. Or, you only play hard games that are also REALLY good and popular. Or big PS-exclusive titles like Spider-Man/2 and God of War. Again, not all plats are created equally so we'll have to be a little naive with the calculations.

How I calculated:

I copied my PSNP page into an excel sheet (excluding games that are neither platinumed nor completed), and then used the "split text to columns" function (using % as a separator) to separate Plat/S percentages. You'll have to mark which is which, I did this by color. The longer the list, the more work this is. I then made sure the blues (plats) were in the first column, and the greens (S's) were in the second. For the third column, I just copied the right-most value (all greens, and then blues if there's no green value) to get my T-rating. If you paste with formatting, it helps differentiate the values. Also, the cell with the title will say "platinum in..." or "completed in..." which helps tell the numbers apart. For games where I have the plat but have not completed, I just put "TBD" in the green cells to override the number I have not yet achieved.

Edited by TheBlaskar
an actual typo
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I'm not bothering doing all those calculations, sorry 😂 So I just post my average rarity from the stats page: 36.9%. Very happy of that, it's been going down and down for a while.

I went ahead and calculated yours, you should be proud of your stats. Your numbers are amazing dude. Your P-rarity is 20.41%, your S-rarity is 12.12%, and your T-rarity is 17.98%. Mind-blowing, man. Well done haha

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheBlaskar said:

I went ahead and calculated yours, you should be proud of your stats. Your numbers are amazing dude. Your P-rarity is 20.41%, your S-rarity is 12.12%, and your T-rarity is 17.98%. Mind-blowing, man. Well done haha

Thanks for doing that for me 😁 I know, I'm lazy of fuck. Thank you for the compliments too, but there are plenty of other profiles way better than mine.

27 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Thanks for doing that for me 😁 I know, I'm lazy of fuck. Thank you for the compliments too, but there are plenty of other profiles way better than mine.

No problem at all! I've just done it for a few people so I got it down to a science now. And yeah, there are some mind-blowing profiles out there who only play ultra-rares. Those people have my respect as well. Crazy beasts haha

I'll need to grab a coffee, before I start doing mine up. Will edit in my numbers once my blood caffine levels are the right balance.

Edit---

I feel like I made an error somewhere with how different my numbers are, but my smooth brain came up with these

P: 9.57%

S: 2.64%

T: 7.20%

Edited by VigilantCrow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

I calculated everything the laborious way using my phone calculator. Should probably be correct.

P-Rating: 19,28%

S-Rating: 11,27%

T-Rating: 15,275%

Hot damn, my friend. I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with your stats or how you calculated them! Great work on both! lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2024 at 5:47 PM, VigilantCrow said:

I'll need to grab a coffee, before I start doing mine up. Will edit in my numbers once my blood caffine levels are the right balance.

Edit---

I feel like I made an error somewhere with how different my numbers are, but my smooth brain came up with these

P: 9.57%

S: 2.64%

T: 7.20%

I didn’t expect any other number from you. Well done.

• Like 1