easiest chars for danger 5?

KOREAakaJDCR

On 2/13/2024 at 2:03 PM, KOREAakaJDCR said:

?

Any class is viable on Danger 5. I would recommend Crazy with the Thief Dagger, as it builds a very nice economy, so you can purchase everything you will need!!

• Like 1

I managed to clear it first attempt with the speedster with no handicap activated, had good dodge and autoregen and could just circle the endboss without taking damage on the last wave, should note that i was completely unable to kill anything from wave 18 or so but my speed made it so i rarely took hits.

On 2/20/2024 at 6:15 PM, Sun_emperor1 said:

I managed to clear it first attempt with the speedster with no handicap activated, had good dodge and autoregen and could just circle the endboss without taking damage on the last wave, should note that i was completely unable to kill anything from wave 18 or so but my speed made it so i rarely took hits.

Yeah i would also say sprinter is the most easiest one, and completely OP if you get the electric gen

my progress so far :)

spacer.png

also Farmer, soldier, golem are easy as well.

Streamer on the other side is too hard, havent figured it out completey yet how to do

On 2/26/2024 at 4:19 PM, yowzagabowza said:

Go into the accessibility options and just make the game easy as hell and use whoever you want.

Didn't know about this, but tbh, the game is pretty easy anyways.

• 1 month later...

Seconding Crazy with the Thief's Dagger and a crit %/attack speed build in the early Danger levels.

But the one build that I found easiest for D5 specifically was:

Class: Masochist (Unlocked by completing Danger 3)

Weapons: 6x Scissors (40-60% Lifesteal based on Tier)

Key Item 1: Blood Donation (+1 damage to you per sec)

Key Item 2: Bloody Hand (+12 Lifesteal, Lifesteal is converted into Damage)

Recommended items: Anything that boosts survivability (below)

Main Stats: Lifesteal, Max HP

Secondary Stats: Attack Speed, Armor, HP Regen

Dodge should be at 0% or less

Range, Damage and Crit% are all irrelevant

Playstyle: 

Masochist starts with -100% Damage and gets +5% back for each hit it takes. One hit could be 1 HP or 20 HP, it'll still add 5% Damage each time.

So the optimal way to play is to take as many low-damage hits as possible, as quickly as possible.

Throw yourself into crowds of lesser enemies and soak up the hits to watch Damage climb from -100% to +400% in a single wave

Blood Donation ensures your DPS is always climbing, and you don't need much HP Regen to mitigate the damage it does to you.

Bloody Hand ensures that your damage penalties are minimised near the start and helps keep you alive.

For Elites and Boss Fights, avoid them until you've 'built up' in crowds first.

Even if you don't kill everyone and everything, you'll always outlast the clock and make it through to the next Wave.

If you need a build to beat Danger 3 to unlock Masochist, pick a class like Brawler that starts with +15% Dodge and keep speccing into Dodge until you're at +60% which unlocks a trophy and the Ghost class.

Ghost fully specced into Dodge gives you a 90% chance to avoid all incoming damage, and gets +10 Damage for each Ethereal weapon equipped. Start with the Ghost Axe and buy five other Ghost Axes over the course of the run - become borderline unkillable with high damage output. 

The only reason I don't recommend this build for D5 is the 10% chance of damage where you might get one-shot on account of the -100% Armor.

Edited by Ravendust

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Idk what it is but I’ve hit a wall on D4. My luck has been hot garbage. I’ve tried building a Lucky Slingshot run but by waves 12-15 I’m still rocking grey slingshots with a blue or two whereas the guides I’m seeing have purples and reds by that time. It’s been about 3 days and my RNG has been depressing as hell

i was a little surprised to beat danger 0 on my first try (roguelike first try is such a good feeling) but maybe that’s where my luck stopped lol. I’ve managed to get the legendary Scythe twice and it ends my runs just due to it ticking so heavily and my current build not being able to sustain the HP loss

brute force, I guess. Just gonna keep on trying until I get lucky 

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 3:21 PM, TheBlaskar said:

Idk what it is but I’ve hit a wall on D4. My luck has been hot garbage. I’ve tried building a Lucky Slingshot run but by waves 12-15 I’m still rocking grey slingshots with a blue or two whereas the guides I’m seeing have purples and reds by that time. It’s been about 3 days and my RNG has been depressing as hell

i was a little surprised to beat danger 0 on my first try (roguelike first try is such a good feeling) but maybe that’s where my luck stopped lol. I’ve managed to get the legendary Scythe twice and it ends my runs just due to it ticking so heavily and my current build not being able to sustain the HP loss

try masochist, golem or ghost, its really doable once you get the hang of it.

and later, if you are good, the fishing guy with baits will become OP

Edited by KOREAakaJDCR
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 3:21 PM, TheBlaskar said:

having cleared lvl 5 on more toons since my last post i would like to nominate multitasker as the true easiest character, all he needs are sticks because its unique passive outscales the detriment that class gets. This also makes it so the only dmg stats you would care for is a bit of dmg% and attack speed.

Generally you want to push your harvesting and luck up to about 40 each in the early levels before you go for anything else, as long as your class doesn't have any detriments to those stats. Getting armor to about 10 is next priority. stuff like dodge% are best obtained once you get access to the rank 3.

• Like 1