How does the saving/checkpoint system work?

ZachBoardyHD

A few hours ago, i test played Tomb Raider 1 for about half an hour and the save system is confusing, The first time I saved the game, I loaded it back up to find out it loaded me exactly where I saved but when I saved a second time and reloaded that save it took me back to my first save? I decided to maybe the next time I save, to save on a different slot, which I did. But when reloading that back up it loaded me where I first saved my game still? I really don't understand the saving system. Can someone explain how it works please as I don't get how it works, thanks 😃

The menu for saving is a little inconvenient.  The first time you go into it, you only have the option to save, not load (because there's no file to load yet).  After you create at least one file, opening the menu first shows you a Load screen.  So likely you're going into the Load menu and trying to save, but instead reloading the first save again.  You have to open the menu and scroll to the right to get to the Save option.

Even after you figure this out, you're bound to reload saves by accident if you're not careful.

Edited by SolidDiablo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SolidDiablo said:

The menu for saving is a little inconvenient.  The first time you go into it, you only have the option to save, not load (because there's no file to load yet).  After you create at least one file, opening the menu first shows you a Load screen.  So likely you're going into the Load menu and trying to save, but instead reloading the first save again.  You have to open the menu and scroll to the right to get to the Save option.

Even after you figure this out, you're bound to reload saves by accident if you're not careful.

Hmmmm, that could be where the issue was thinking of it, thanks for that, Also another thing, does any of these games have chapter select? Some people are saying it does and others say it doesn't?

It's not ideal if they don't as some secrets and collectables are really hard and easily missed so it would suck if you would have to replay the entire game again to collect the ones that you missed as chapter select would be much easier to clean up the levels, that would also help with the speed-run trophy too i presume.

36 minutes ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

Hmmmm, that could be where the issue was thinking of it, thanks for that, Also another thing, does any of these games have chapter select? Some people are saying it does and others say it doesn't?

It's not ideal if they don't as some secrets and collectables are really hard and easily missed so it would suck if you would have to replay the entire game again to collect the ones that you missed as chapter select would be much easier to clean up the levels, that would also help with the speed-run trophy too i presume.

You can use the level skip cheat to help with that.

• Like 1

I would recommend saving each level in a new slot, so that you can select the level that you want to replay, then after trophies pop it means you can move on to the next levels by loading up the next level etc. (only for level specific trophies etc)