Question about auto pop

jobe13

Whenever I auto pop a game, it’s very random as to whether or not all/some/none trophies will auto pop. For instance, Spider-Man Remastered fully auto popped, but Resident Evil: Village only popped two. Is autopopping save dependent? In other words, if a save I loaded doesn’t fully auto pop, can I load another save to get the others? Can I reload the same save to see if others will pop? Or am I just sol?

Edited by jobe13
Spelling error

It all depends on the actual game itself. RE Village requires strategic saves to auto-pop the PS5 version platinum.

For example  - Hood: Outlaws & Legends will fully auto-pop from PS4 to PS5. But games like Friday 13th require you to do a single thing.

Like do 1 kill with Jason to pop 1000 kills with him on PS5. But you must have the trophy first on PS4.

A lots of games have server-side saves that fully auto-pop to the PS5. Example - Rogue Company.

But with games like Borderlands, RE8, and many others, you have to make multiple saves at certain points in the game.

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 2

Maybe it depends on how the developers implement it? Chorus seemed to be save dependent because I accidentally loaded a save before the game was completed and everything up to that point auto-popped on PS5. Biomutant and Guardians of the Galaxy popped most trophies upon loading with a few needing to be triggered by something.

2 hours ago, jobe13 said:

Is autopopping save dependent? In other words, if a save I loaded doesn’t fully auto pop, can I load another save to get the others? Can I reload the same save to see if others will pop? Or am I just sol?

Yes, Autopopping is save dependent, since that’s the data that dictates the conditions of trophies popping, but that’s also overly reductive. 

You are at the mercy of how the developer implemented or didn’t implement Autopopping. Which is why people were trying to track which games do and don’t and which trophies do here:

There is no simple, easy answer to your question because it’s on a game by game basis. 

In regards to loading multiples saves in the same game to autopop more or reload the same save, either suggestion are highly unlikely to autopop different trophies, sort of very specific implementation by the developers. For the multiple saves scenario, that’s going to look very similar to loading other people’s saves so it’s likely to get you kicked off the leaderboard with some extensive documentation to reproduce it with your own saves, and for reloading the same save, these are computer programs. The code doesn’t change each time you’re loading the same data, so there’s no reason at all that different trophies should autopop doing the same thing with the same data each time. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for the quick responses. I think I only lack four more trophies for RE:V’s platinum for the PS5, but I’m slightly burnt out on it so I’m stepping back for just a bit. 

On 2/18/2024 at 1:12 AM, DaivRules said:For the multiple saves scenario, that’s going to look very similar to loading other people’s saves so it’s likely to get you kicked off the leaderboard with some extensive documentation to reproduce it with your own saves, and for reloading the same save, these are computer programs.

Good to know, although I’ve never really cared about leaderboards. I know “everyone” loves them, but I enjoy games for the story, or to just relax, or other things like that. I’m not competitive by nature because my gamer skills are mediocre at best.