How are you supposed to get past the possession ghosts? (Library Professional Dif)

Hi all, 

If I use slime to rescue my team I get one-shot killed. If I don't rescue them I get one-shot killed. Is there a specific tactic to do this, because the game gets worse and worse with each new stage. Has to be the prime example of not testing your game and just upping the difficulty slider. It puts Uncharted Brutal difficulty for being untested to shame.  Worst design for team AI and frustrating as hell to try and solo sections. 

Not sure which ghosts you're referring to. Possessors are on the History Museum level, I assume you meant to say that instead of the library.

In any case, these are by far the most tricky ghosts due to how bulky they are if they keep possessing the Ghostbusters. As a general tip, all I can say is don't underestimade side-dodging specifically. Even side-dodging into walls is fantastic because it's basically infinite iframes as long as you keep doing it. If I'm thinking of the correct ghosts, you only encounter the one with Ray and then the four in the big lobby and you never see them again.

13 hours ago, Cosmicborne said:

Not sure which ghosts you're referring to. Possessors are on the History Museum level, I assume you meant to say that instead of the library.

In any case, these are by far the most tricky ghosts due to how bulky they are if they keep possessing the Ghostbusters. As a general tip, all I can say is don't underestimade side-dodging specifically. Even side-dodging into walls is fantastic because it's basically infinite iframes as long as you keep doing it. If I'm thinking of the correct ghosts, you only encounter the one with Ray and then the four in the big lobby and you never see them again.

Apologies. Yeah I meant the museum. 

13 hours ago, Helyx said:

Slime tether.

It's funny this forum is still spelled "Remasterd". Thought @Sly Ripper was gonna fix it 5 years ago.

Does the tether stop them being able to possess or something?

Edit

Tried tether and it did nothing. There are just too many enemies that take far to long to drain the energy off them. Like the title says I'm on pro mode. Tether seems to only be of use for pulling platforms together it doesn't do anything to the ghosts, at least on pro difficulty. 

Edited by DanteIshimura

4 hours ago, DanteIshimura said:

Tether seems to only be of use for pulling platforms together it doesn't do anything to the ghosts, at least on pro difficulty. 

Slime anyone who's possessed, then tether the ghost into a solid object (the columns or random "art" around the room to stun them).

After that, it's just like a regular ghost; use your proton pack and a few boson darts and slip them in the trap. If you're lucky and quick, you can tether a stunned ghost into the trap.

Really easy game, even on Professional difficulty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Slime anyone who's possessed, then tether the ghost into a solid object (the columns or random "art" around the room to stun them).

After that, it's just like a regular ghost; use your proton pack and a few boson darts and slip them in the trap. If you're lucky and quick, you can tether a stunned ghost into the trap.

Really easy game, even on Professional difficulty.

I managed to get it done and had no trouble with the rest of the level. But I have a horrible feeling after many restarts that I forgot to scan one of the possessed ghosts in that room where about 6 attack you. I got the one by scanning Ray and then the possession ghost that leaves him before the main hall room, but I think after quitting out so many times I may have now blown the scan all enemies trophy. 

By the way. I didn't get it by tethering them. I got extremely lucky and two of the ghosts stayed in the back room. It was a struggle but I then managed to get the rest done. Next stage is the return to the hotel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DanteIshimura said:

I got the one by scanning Ray and then the possession ghost that leaves him before the main hall room, but I think after quitting out so many times I may have now blown the scan all enemies trophy.

You can go back at any point to any level, even to any specific chapter of a level, on any difficulty, to pick up any scans you might have missed. Don't worry about that. As for the possessors, there're three scans you need there:

- Possessor Ghost (This is the one that possesses Ray when you meet the museum director with Winston. She only appears once in the whole game, which is here)

- Possessed Human (Any possessed human will suffice, including other Ghostbusters)

- Beauty Queen Ghost (These are the four pink possessor ladies you fight in the main lobby, likely the ones you were having trouble with)

If you got those scans you're fine, but even if you didn't, just come back afterwards and get any scan you missed.

Edited by Cosmicborne
Grammar fixes
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 6:22 PM, Cosmicborne said:

You can go back at any point to any level, even to any specific chapter of a level, on any difficulty, to pick up any scans you might have missed. Don't worry about that. As for the possessors, there're three scans you need there:

- Possessor Ghost (This is the one that possesses Ray when you meet the museum director with Winston. She only appears once in the whole game, which is here)

- Possessed Human (Any possessed human will suffice, including other Ghostbusters)

- Beauty Queen Ghost (These are the four pink possessor ladies you fight in the main lobby, likely the ones you were having trouble with)

If you got those scans you're fine, but even if you didn't, just come back afterwards and get any scan you missed.

Appreciate the info man. 

Just finished the game on pro difficulty. Got the artifact collectibles trophy but actually missing quite a few scans (around 7 or so overall). So I will get a list of all ghosts and compare them to mine just so I know what it is I'm looking for, I then choose chapter select and then what? Can I scan and quit out or do I have to reach a save point? Missed 1 on the final chapter too which is annoying as that was a scrap stage. 

Edit

Never mind I got it sorted and yeah you can leave as soon as you get the scan and then check the collectibles (quantity wise) found on chapter select. I was missing the beauty possession ghost as suspected, but also the green skulls which counted for the museum and must have also counted for chapter 10 as when I got the museum skull it gave me the trophy even though the final chapter said 9/10 ghost before I went back through.

Now at lost island with only 14K in damages so I should get the nice shooting tex when I play next time. 

Edited by DanteIshimura